Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: unfilled warranty is useless, service ctr want official receipts !!

Default unfilled warranty is useless, service ctr want official receipts !!

please be informed that you must not throw away your official receipts, do make photocopies of them before their ink faded.

i had an experience with a service center which warranty is not valid with unfilled warranty card without official receipts, and also the printed words must be visible and ink not faded due to age or heat.

Default Re: unfilled warranty is useless, service ctr want official receipts !!

Maybe you should tell us what product your referring to.
    Nikon D300 | MB-D10 | AF-S 17-55mm f2.8 | 35mm f1.8 | SB-900

lol. whoever said unfilled warranty was okay?

BNS?

not just photographic items, most of the things require PROOF of PURCHASE, aka receipts.

anyway, today I went to a service center for sending a tablet for repair.
    the service tell me the warranty is just expired, 31-12-2013, base on the date the set left their warehouse.
    I told them no! no way! I just bought it mid Nov, and I have receipt. So they will follow the date of the receipts.

so if you don't have receipt and don't registered the warranty, you can say Sayonara to the warranty.
    the best is you take a photo of the receipts with your mobile phone or scan it, you don't have to worry misplace it or the wording fading away.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

This is what my colleague does when processing payment - Make a photocopy of the receipt, staple or glue the original receipt next to it.
    Faded or not, it is still the original receipt.

For products with online warranty registration, this shouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    For products with online warranty registration, this shouldn't be an issue.
    it would be an issue when Aliens attack the earth and destroy the cyberspace.

All along unfilled or unregister warranty is useless. Service centre will just based on the purchase date of your receipt to determine your warranty.
    In the eyes of the beholder!

Quote Originally Posted by kklee View Post
    This is what my colleague does when processing payment - Make a photocopy of the receipt, staple or glue the original receipt next to it.
    A thermal print receipt that has completely faded to a white blank piece of paper is no use as a reference. i have several receipts (for insignificant items) that ended up like that. But camera purchase is likely to be on printed paper.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 6th January 2014 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kklee View Post
    Yes, first thing I do is to photocopy the receipt, after experiencing a number of faded receipts..

Don't listen to all these people who sell their second hand goods at near brand new price claiming that warranty is unfilled and you have 12 months warranty. They are trying to pull a fast one or they don't know better.

Seem like most people don't bother to read the fine print

Sample warranty from Sony.
    Warranty from other manufacturers are more or less the same.

Last edited by Yutaka Go; 6th January 2014 at 09:40 PM.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    not just photographic items, most of the things require PROOF of PURCHASE, aka receipts.

anyway, today I went to a service center for sending a tablet for repair.
    the service tell me the warranty is just expired, 31-12-2013, base on the date the set left their warehouse.
    I told them no! no way! I just bought it mid Nov, and I have receipt. So they will follow the date of the receipts.

so if you don't have receipt and don't registered the warranty, you can say Sayonara to the warranty.
    the best is you take a photo of the receipts with your mobile phone or scan it, you don't have to worry misplace it or the wording fading away.
    can complain to CASE, warranty date should count from purchased date by consumer, whatever dates regarding factory is their internal business operations.

Sticky this thread.

2nd buyers should know those personal WTS threads saying "warranty unfilled/registered" is as good as none. Only receipt matters and counts.

I also got doubt when I saw unfilled warranty when the product is 6 months old. Cause they have link to database once the product is sold! Like my video camera, I couldn't get it register and been told that where I got it from and when! OMG, if I don't bother to register it, they will know and told me that the 14 days is over! I just called Sony as my phone can't be register but was told, it's was. Strange isn't it?
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    A thermal print receipt that has completely faded to a white blank piece of paper is no use as a reference. i have several receipts (for insignificant items) that ended up like that. But camera purchase is likely to be on printed paper.
    The original, regardless of its condition, may be used as a reference to support the copy which is better than a copy without any reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    can complain to CASE, warranty date should count from purchased date by consumer, whatever dates regarding factory is their internal business operations.
    I am not sure if CASE can help without a receipt. If there is a receipt, is CASE still needed?

just remember to photocopy your official receipts and warranty card, and still feel not safe? do scan them into your PC and also take some photos.

those printed receipts made of thermal paper quality, ink very very fast faded.

does anyone know which camera brands give full international warranty ?

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    does anyone know which camera brands give full international warranty ?
    Leica.
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

i think unregistered warranty also not valid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast