Thread: Clubpoll.....sigh...

Default Clubpoll.....sigh...

wah lanz eh... how cum so many polls ar....

find it really irritating sia....(anybody feel the same as me?)

clubsnap becum clubpoll liao......

(please dun get offened hor)

Have the moderators thought of having a poll session instead....
    and hmm.... the poll wun appear in the latest discussion in the front page? buay tahan liao... juz too many liao sia....

Those who are interested in polling... go to the poll session and see.. and again... what's the objective behind those polls... i dunno... you decide...

Juz my 2 cents worth...
    Last edited by sinner1974; 18th September 2002 at 02:16 PM.
    550D|17-40|70-200 4 IS|100 2.8|50 1.8|ST-E2|580EX|190proB 486RC2

Default Re: Clubpoll.....sigh...

Originally posted by sinner1974

wah lanz eh... how cum so many polls ar....
    find it really irritating sia....(anybody feel the same as me?)
    *raise my hand*

my full support too

Blog Entries

Personally, there's no need to have another section for ppl just to post polls - polls should be in their respective sub-forums where the polled topic should at least be related to that sub-forum.

Having said that, there has been an increase in "just-for-fun" polls lately, and short of disabling the POLL function in Banal Talk, we urge members to have some restraint and not to post too many polls.

Otherwise, we may have to take steps to minimise these "just-for-fun" polls.

I agreed with you that polls should be in their respective sub-forums where the polled topic should at least be related to that sub-forum.

But is it possible to create a 'latest poll' (in the front page) and place the latest polls in it rather than placing the polls in the 'latest discussions'?

(get what i mean? not to create a new session for polls but to create a column for the latest polls just like the 'latest discussions'.... I know its quite abit of work for u guys)

That way I find that those more serious discussion wun be covered by those 'bo liao' polls....

Just a suggestion.
    Last edited by sinner1974; 18th September 2002 at 02:48 PM.

hmm.... hows my suggestion ar?

or you dun get what i mean ar?

Another suggestion,

Disable the poll for members except for moderators. Anybody who really wish to have a poll could pm your request to the moderator.

Also, maybe can limit the poll to just 1 per day?

Hi

the other problem is also pple (presumably new pple who just joined) suddenly digging up all the old polls and voting in them, making those old polls bump up in the "latest posts" search......

that's why we're seeing so many polls now.....in addition to the recent ones........

shall we have a poll to decide how to correct the situation?
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

Originally posted by Red Dawn
    Hi

the other problem is also pple (presumably new pple who just joined) suddenly digging up all the old polls and voting in them, making those old polls bump up in the "latest posts" search......

that's why we're seeing so many polls now.....in addition to the recent ones........

shall we have a poll to decide how to correct the situation?
    I have done a poll on whether to have a subforum just for poll but was locked (I'm not complaining as I understand the situation).

Guess I will have to stop posting polls too.

Default I agree...

This is becoming more like HWZ's EDMW already..
    I suggest that the mods post a Global Announcement across all boards to notify them of the restriction of the more "banal polls"...

If not, the standards of this forum will drop...
    Arghh! We need some QC here...

Originally posted by Goondu
    Another suggestion,

Disable the poll for members except for moderators. Anybody who really wish to have a poll could pm your request to the moderator.
    ya mate... good idea~

No, there is a Banal Talk section for a reason. I rather they have 34213481203840128340128403 polls there then to have them scattered all over the forums. Let the people who want to poll play with it. It's just a passing fad. I'm more for the idea of not doing anything, and just letting it fade away. It doesn't take much to scroll pass them actually, since they actually have "Poll:" right in front...

Originally posted by Richard
    No, there is a Banal Talk section for a reason. I rather they have 34213481203840128340128403 polls there then to have them scattered all over the forums. Let the people who want to poll play with it. It's just a passing fad. I'm more for the idea of not doing anything, and just letting it fade away. It doesn't take much to scroll pass them actually, since they actually have "Poll:" right in front...
    totally agree with you!!!!