Page 16 of 101 FirstFirst ... 611141516171821264166 ... LastLast

Thread: Sentosa Thread XII (May The Guru Force Be With You.......)

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    ard there.

arcanic - the 85/1.8 is a good buy. pretty 'affordable' (if u call $600+, new, affordable...). why not be patient and wait for a good 2nd-hand deal?

alex - actually, there's no too long or too short for a portrait lens (u know me, i dun subscribe to the idea of a 'portrait' lens). last yr at russell wong's workshop, he was telling us dat sports illustrate shooters use 300mm to shoot their models outdoors. and we are complaining 135 is too long...
    yeah true, personally I think communications must be establish between the model and the photographers easily...if shoot at 300mm then how to instruct the model how to pose right? use walkie talkie?

Infact when I use my 90mm, its pretty far already

Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~
    lolx, i think still acceptable ba, 180 and 135 got quite a gap in between...

me haven got e chance to play with it before... so also can't tell.. maybe wait for will03 ba.. haha
    if you wan to know how the view from a 180mm would look like i can pass you on sat...and you can also get help from will03 or darkforce or NW75 to try try... This is about helping each other right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alechim
    yeah true, personally I think communications must be establish between the model and the photographers easily...if shoot at 300mm then how to instruct the model how to pose right? use walkie talkie?

Infact when I use my 90mm, its pretty far already
    u're right. they do use walkie-talkie. then again, how many of us can afford to hire an army of PAs like the pros in sports illustrate?
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    if you wan to know how the view from a 180mm would look like i can pass you on sat...and you can also get help from will03 or darkforce or NW75 to try try... This is about helping each other right?
    try out the lens amount the folks and then decide which to get loh

maggi mee for a year ah, i tink ur hair will all fall off....
    mayb can rotate between roti diet n maggi mee diet

yo arcanic u got receive my sms?

u're right. they do use walkie-talkie. then again, how many of us can afford to hire an army of PAs like the pros in sports illustrate?
    really??? walkie talkie?
    thats really amazing!

ard there.

arcanic - the 85/1.8 is a good buy. pretty 'affordable' (if u call $600+, new, affordable...). why not be patient and wait for a good 2nd-hand deal?

alex - actually, there's no too long or too short for a portrait lens (u know me, i dun subscribe to the idea of a 'portrait' lens). last yr at russell wong's workshop, he was telling us dat sports illustrate shooters use 300mm to shoot their models outdoors. and we are complaining 135 is too long...

Bro, the weight would kill me first before i get to use the lens....furthermore if doing group shoot the rest would get in my way....

i think got those cheaper kinda walkie talkies, saw jnet used before... looks quite fun actually... hehe..

nw/ns/alec - yeah, guess have to try out the feel and range of the lenses to really tell which one i prefer.

in e meantime... time to steam bak zhang for breakfast!

cya later~

Quote Originally Posted by hazekang
    maggi mee for a year ah, i tink ur hair will all fall off....
    mayb can rotate between roti diet n maggi mee diet

yo arcanic u got receive my sms?
    just replied..

haha, pai seh pai seh... maybe didn hear it.. cos radio was on quite loud..

i think got those cheaper kinda walkie talkies, saw jnet used before... looks quite fun actually... hehe..

nw/ns/alec - yeah, guess have to try out the feel and range of the lenses to really tell which one i prefer.

cya later~
    i was thinking of buying..you wanna to share with me?? then 4 of us can communicate.....hahaha...

I am still on day 199 of my roti,maggie mee and grass diet....good luck.

Blog Entries

really??? walkie talkie?
    thats really amazing!
    so were we who were attending the workshop. think this was raised when someone asked russell wong wats a good focal length for portrait taking. think, for indoors, he was telling us pros use primes like 200mm. but, dat would mean u must have a very very very big studio...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

i was thinking of buying..you wanna to share with me?? then 4 of us can communicate.....hahaha...

same here, thinking of e buying too.. hehe, looks really fun ma.. then if we do far far portrait shoot, also can use...

day 1 of my "always eat at home" plan~

cya later~
    just had noya bak zhang for breakfast

if you wanna get a walkie talkie, dont get those cheapo ones..get at least a reasonable and non interruptive kind..else you will get lots of feedbacks and might share communication channels with others using walkie talkies

same here, thinking of e buying too.. hehe, looks really fun ma.. then if we do far far portrait shoot, also can use...

day 1 of my "always eat at home" plan~
    I have a pair of motorola at home now but they are those type which the bouncers used in pubs and discos...too big..we go scout for smaller ones but the range shorter...i keep you updated...

so were we who were attending the workshop. think this was raised when someone asked russell wong wats a good focal length for portrait taking. think, for indoors, he was telling us pros use primes like 200mm. but, dat would mean u must have a very very very big studio...
    yeah loh...has to be a establish studio to be that big

if you wanna get a walkie talkie, dont get those cheapo ones..get at least a reasonable and non interruptive kind..else you will get lots of feedbacks and might share communication channels with others using walkie talkies

sometimes its good to hear what others have to say....esp on Sat and sundays....

back to work...seeya later guys.....

I have a pair of motorola at home now but they are those type which the bouncers used in pubs and discos...too big..we go scout for smaller ones but the range shorter...i keep you updated...
    recently PC show advert 1 thats wuite gd mah...cant rem the brand already

hmm, what about e one jnet using? looks ok le, not too big, 5km range right? if in empty space...

AHH... my bak zhang!!! ^@$^%%$ must go and off e fire!