Page 14 of 101 FirstFirst ... 49121314151619243964 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 2017

Thread: Sentosa Thread XII (May The Guru Force Be With You.......)

  1. #261
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alechim
    you wouldnt want to limp like me do you?
    eh.... we old already lah... cannot run with the kids in office anymore...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  2. #262
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    usual sportsmen injuries...too much sports actually does not do you gd

  3. #263
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    eh.... we old already lah... cannot run with the kids in office anymore...
    haha...we?

  4. #264
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Westy
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alechim
    usual sportsmen injuries...too much sports actually does not do you gd
    tell me about it... i got meniscal injury from a bad landing during a basketball game e last time... and a dislocated shoulder on another game...

    now want to play also cannot liaoz...

  5. #265
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    good morning guys..........

  6. #266
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,550

    Default

    morning guys

  7. #267
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Westy
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Ok, me got a question here, some canon gurus can advise?

    between e 85 f1.8, 100 f2 and 135 f2.
    which one would you all prob get?
    are they all comparable in terms of sharpness, speed and bokeh etc?

    Thanks guys!

  8. #268
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~
    Ok, me got a question here, some canon gurus can advise?

    between e 85 f1.8, 100 f2 and 135 f2.
    which one would you all prob get?
    are they all comparable in terms of sharpness, speed and bokeh etc?

    Thanks guys!
    same old question - wat are u shooting? and where?
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  9. #269
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,550

    Default

    eh any advice on the price of those lens as well?

  10. #270
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~
    Ok, me got a question here, some canon gurus can advise?

    between e 85 f1.8, 100 f2 and 135 f2.
    which one would you all prob get?
    are they all comparable in terms of sharpness, speed and bokeh etc?

    Thanks guys!
    Change to Nikon.....end of yr worries......

    Ask will03 or darkforce....i think they are able to help you make up yr mind which to buy...if you were to compare the 3 lens...the 85 f1.8 would e the last choice for me.......

    Just my 2 cents worth of thought....except the change to Nikon system...
    ( NS runs away)

  11. #271
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    same old question - wat are u shooting? and where?
    same answer.....Shoot char bos in singapore....

  12. #272
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Westy
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    same old question - wat are u shooting? and where?
    say majority portraits / outdoor shoots?

  13. #273
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,550

    Default

    eh guru, how can changing system lead to end of worries ah?
    wallet break until no $ to tink of lens ah?

  14. #274

  15. #275
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Westy
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    Change to Nikon.....end of yr worries......

    Ask will03 or darkforce....i think they are able to help you make up yr mind which to buy...if you were to compare the 3 lens...the 85 f1.8 would e the last choice for me.......

    Just my 2 cents worth of thought....except the change to Nikon system...
    ( NS runs away)
    will03 must wait until midnight then he appear one le..

    as for e change to nikon part.. you sponsor me 1 entire set from body to flash la, me surely change over.

  16. #276
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hazekang
    eh guru, how can changing system lead to end of worries ah?
    wallet break until no $ to tink of lens ah?
    i not guru lah.... the first part about changing system was just teasing him only lah.... it doesn't matter which system you use as long as yr techniques work.....Peace....

  17. #277
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~
    will03 must wait until midnight then he appear one le..

    as for e change to nikon part.. you sponsor me 1 entire set from body to flash la, me surely change over.
    He will tell you to buy the 135 F2...coz he using it mah hahah

  18. #278
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,550

    Default

    haha somebody tell arcanic all 3 good, so he can buy all n let me play with them

  19. #279
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~
    say majority portraits / outdoor shoots?
    if outdoors, either the 85mm or 135 are good buys. 135 on a DSLR might be a bit long, unless u are into long range sniping for event coverage. i used a 135/f2.8 before. nice, sharp and lovely bokeh. but, on a 10D (1.6x), i have to stand further away to shoot.

    the 85/1.8 is a just-nice lens for DSLR. small, lightweight and fast AF. the bokeh, tho not as nice as a 135, is still pretty good. if got money, plonk for a 1.4. really. not kidding.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  20. #280
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Westy
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alechim
    He will tell you to buy the 135 F2...coz he using it mah hahah
    i guess as much...

    But between e 100 and e 135L, is the a significant difference in term of optics and speed etc? esp for portraits shot?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •