Let me offer my outmost apologies to jazzlee for the time wasted and a deal that did not go through. His deal was fantastic, body is in near prime condition as good as buying 1st hand.
However, due to my prior arangement with another seller, i have to reject jazzlee offer. This decision was however, made based on factors that is not biased to either seller jazzlee or the 1st seller (to be refer as Mr L for the rest of the post) i contacted with.
Here the story, should jazzlee want to know.
1. Had made arrangement with Mr L to view his equipment last thursday. Due to work requirement, was unable to follow through with the deal. However, an agreed price of $2200 was made for 3 battery, 1x 1GB CF card and the body. Had agreed to consider his this week if he had not close his offer.
2. Contacted Mr L. This morning that i will be able to meet him this evening to follow up on the offer. Mr L can only commit @ 7.15pm.
3. Saw jazzlee sales offer this morning as well, decided to offer @ his RP for his 20D combo. Jazzlee agreed for a viewing/inspect session @ 7pm.
4. At around 7.10pm (was late) i meet jazzlee at cityhall starbucks to inspect the condition of his offered items. I was very please at the condition and told him i would have no issue to buy at his offered price, BUT i must wait for Mr L who happened to be caught in a jam and came around 7.40pm+, which jazzlee had no objection with as i told him my reasons for waiting for Mr L.
5. I went to withdraw the required amount as both jazzlee and Mr L do not have a UOB account but POSB/DBS ones. I withdrew a total of $2400 in $1000, $1000, $400 in all $50 notes(i have the withdraw slip to prove). I was prepare to go for jazzlee offer should Mr L equipment fall short of expectation. As Jazzlee offer dont have a CF card, i had withdrew an addition $100 + my personal change of $70+ so i can after the deal, go to funan to top up a new 1GB CF.
6. When i came back from the ATM machine, Mr L is already there, and had meet Jazzlee. I went through checking of Mr L machine, from external to CMOS. Generally the condition is fantastic, just 0.0001% better than jazzlee machine, as i believe Mr L had not used his hotshoe at all as there is totally no sight of wear and tear. I made a fair comment that Mr L condition is as good as jazzlee ones. The 2 gentleman made their bid to ask me to make a choice which i did based on the below reasons, in which i took Mr L offers. Do note that i had not promise either party that i;m obligated to buy their equipment.
R1.> I had contacted Mr L days before.
R2.> Jazzlee offer is Good, and his claimed to have 3-4k+ shutter count. Mr L have ard not more than 1.2-1.5k count which to me makes no differences.
R3.> I asked their source of their camera purchases, Jazz from TCW and Mr L from AP.
R4.> Gross value of either offer is around $2300. In which Jazz strenght is the grip and Mr L is the CF card.
R5.> Based on reason 2-4, both offers are equally good in terms of value and price. So to caculate, i factor in the cost i would incure for taking on either offers (after all its suppose to be a good buy, if not it would have been a first hand). Mr L offers still stand out as i do not need to spend extra to aquire an extra CF card that can will save me $1xx.
R6.> As i am unable to find any critical fault with Mr L machine who i had already agreed to view first, should he is able to make it on an earlier timing, I wouldnt have made an offer to jazzlee. Thus based on the above 5 reason, i took Mr L offers, which i believe is totally fair towards both party.
However, Jazzlee is unhappy that i declined his sales and say he will blacklist me for dealing reasons he deem is unfair to him. Not knowning the reason behind my call, i feel is unfair to him, thus i made this effort to type it out. I here by again, offer my apologies for his time wasted and is regretful that i was unable to close the deal with him.