Thread: Megapixels

Default Megapixels

The following statement sounds confusing. How can one produce a photo less than 3 megapixels given the stated requirement?
    Or did I interprete wrongly?

"The size of your images must be a minimum of 2,048 X 1,536 or (1,536 X 2,048) pixels in
    JPEG format. The entries submitted online should not be larger than 3 megapixels, "

Default Re: Megapixels

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaster33 View Post
    The following statement sounds confusing. How can one produce a photo less than 3 megapixels given the stated requirement?

"The size of your images must be a minimum of 2,048 X 1,536 or (1,536 X 2,048) pixels in
    JPEG format. The entries submitted online should not be larger than 3 megapixels, "
    Can.

http://web.forret.com/tools/megapixel_aspect.asp?mp=3

The above site should explain a bit better.
    Last edited by rhino123; 3rd January 2014 at 11:24 PM.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Sounds like typo, mixing up Megapixel and Megabyte.
    The first line is a general requirement, maybe for pictures submitted via CD/DVD.
    The second line refers to online submissions. For online submissions (e.g. email) the file size should not be too large in order not to jam the email servers and inboxes. 3MB is more than enough.
    EOS

the sentence is contradictory. the first part asks for a minimum 3 megapixel image.
    i believe the second part should ask for a file size limit of 3 megabytes, not megapixels.
    better to check with the organizer.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    the sentence is contradictory. the first part asks for a minimum 3 megapixel image.
    i believe the second part should ask for a file size limit of 3 megabytes, not megapixels.
    better to check with the organizer.
    Yep...it has to be a typo..saw a new link and file size shall not exceed 3 MB for online submission..

Thanks all.