Thread: Sony 707 batt life

Default Sony 707 batt life

Hi,

Can anyone with the same camera, pls tell me how much batt life do you have after a full charge and how long it can last? Thank you very much!

qhelix
    Guests

Well, from my personal experience it'll last a long time, 1 battery for me lasted a couple of days. If you want more accurate stats check out

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydscf707/page11.asp

to be honest, i am really quite shocked to see the results posted @ dpreview. after a ful discharge and charge for 3 hrs, i get a reading of 165mins and it is dropping fast...do you think that the batt is spoilt?

qhelix
    Guests

Originally posted by yoggieb
    to be honest, i am really quite shocked to see the results posted @ dpreview. after a ful discharge and charge for 3 hrs, i get a reading of 165mins and it is dropping fast...do you think that the batt is spoilt?
    165min sounds right to me. After all, that's more than 2hrs 20min as reported by dpreview right? I guess in the end it depends on your usuage. Maybe you're continually using the flash?

Moralis
    Guests

After a full discharge and charge of about 3hrs or so, I get about 160mins or so...I think thats about normal.

really guys....there was a time it showed me 303mins after the charge but then in a few secs later, it showed 165mins. But it doesnt last for 165mins. it seems to be counting down fast. If i switch it off then on again, the batt life will show at 3mins lesser. Is the camera spoilt or the batt losing its charge fast?

Moralis
    Guests

Nah...it'll never go over 300mins unless it's fully charged and you put it into "Playback" mode.

The battery indicator in "Playback" is roughly twice as long as in any other modes.

So the camera at full charge should have about 165 mins of shooting time approximate or 330 mins of playback time.

i did a full discharge and a full recharge. but the batt life seems to be draining fast. i dont think it will be able to last one day's of photo shoot.