Thread: Newbie

Default Newbie

Hi All, I'm a newbie to photography and is very interested to pick up on digital photography. Used to own a Nikon Coolpix 5000 and didn't really get a chance to maximise on it apart from using it as a AF camera. Have sinced bought a Nikon D70 and preparing to take the next leap into digital SLR. Hoping to find a good friend/guide to lead and advise me. Am staying in CCK area. Thanks and Regards.

All u need to do is to participate in the many outings here. It is the best way to learn from other fellow users. The learning curve on DSLR may prove to be very steep if little time is spent on it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker
    Hi All, I'm a newbie to photography and is very interested to pick up on digital photography. Used to own a Nikon Coolpix 5000 and didn't really get a chance to maximise on it apart from using it as a AF camera. Have sinced bought a Nikon D70 and preparing to take the next leap into digital SLR. Hoping to find a good friend/guide to lead and advise me. Am staying in CCK area. Thanks and Regards.
    Welcome to the world of photography, you will never finish learning... keep taking pictures and read your manual, you will soon learn lot of things from there.... time permits join the outing...

Welcome to the world of photography too..

Since you have a D70, maybe you should consider this?

Default Reply

Thanks guys for the welcome. and Yes I am planning to follow up on the course on D70 by Stven Yee at PSS soon. Thanks for the encouragement and have just upgraded the software to Ver.2. Will try to find time to "play" with the camera. Regards.

Thanks guys for the welcome. and Yes I am planning to follow up on the course on D70 by Stven Yee at PSS soon. Thanks for the encouragement and have just upgraded the software to Ver.2. Will try to find time to "play" with the camera. Regards.

Welcome to the CLUB!!

IMHO, the best way to learn photography is to shoot shoot shoot, since you are using digital, just keep shooting, scenery, landscape, people, dustbin, etc etc. As you shoot, keep posting your shots, invite critiques, and take them seriously. For the initial stage, you'll probably feel like kicking the monitor, give up photography whenever you read the critiques. However if you can get over that stage, you'll find that "heh, my shots are not bad after all!"

Try to join the SEED gatherings too, make some new friends, get your questions solved. Again, at the initial stage, you'll probably find that no one talks to you, no one bothers about you etc. But after a few rounds, you'll find that it's actually a good evening out.

Hope to see your shots soon!

Blog Entries

to CS!

well, if u are looking for things to shoot and practice, can join some of the CSers to shoot at the Singapore Street Festival. plenty of things to shoot at. have a look at Darren's post under Events? btw, u dun have to be an official photog to shoot since the event is a public event.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Deregistered

I sincerely, do welcome you to NUG - Nikon User Group. In fact, there's a session on tonight.

PM nightwolf75 for more details