View Poll Results: Is ur right hand on top or bottom?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • Top!

177 88.94%
  • Bottom!

22 11.06%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Silly qns: If u're shooting vertical without a vertical grip batt pack...

Default Re: Silly qns: If u're shooting vertical without a vertical grip batt pack...

Depends on situation. Usually its right hand on top but if I use flash, I may turn it the other way to get a better fill-in on the shadow part.

Default Re: Silly qns: If u're shooting vertical without a vertical grip batt pack...

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    who dug up such an old thread. .....
    Wow from year 2002!

Looks like the person on 30-11-2005.

i tried both methods n find that right hand on top pictures r sharper at low shutter speed.
    http://singaporephoto.blogspot.com

With the CG of the camera below the support (hanging from the right hand at the top) it is certainly more stable. With the right hand at teh bottom, the wrist is bent backwards (strain) and the CG is on top of the support, and that is not stable. Tucking the arm into teh body helps the arm, but teh shake is at the joint of the camera to the wrist.

If I am on my stroboframe, it is certainly right-on-top, as the flash will be on the bottom if the other way round. But if I am not using the flash flip, then my decision is more of whether I want a flash light from the left or the right. If there is no flash used, then it's right-on-top for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    it would definitely be more natural to have your right hand holding the camera from the top while your left hand cradle the lens from the bottom. That's assuming that you are a right hander.

well there isn't any left handed cams, so you will always need your right hand for triggering.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123