Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How is your MCE experience?

Default Re: How is your MCE experience?

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Just as I was explaining to a foreign friend that this is the smoothest road in Singapore, my car took a small bump. There was silence in the car after that. This is in the direction from ECP to Marina Coastal Drive.
    SG road not longer like last time... last time they will periodically coat the road and road was really black!!!

Now... they dig dig dig... and patch patch patch... and is pretty bump bump bump....

Some road is like grey, almost white maybe... lol... like lego road...

Art is perception; Perception is art.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    or perhaps they can't detect the mass? i've cut quite a few red lights when i was tired and not paying attention but so far, no problem.
    the real problem lies with the new cameras that they were testing out along Upper Thomson Road. even when my wheel just went slightly over the line, they went off
    The speed cameras in the tunnel work with radar from behind. Everything reflects radar and the cameras will fire off if a speed above limit is detected. So far so good, but there can be a few built-in tricks like: not every speed limit violation results in pictures taken. That gives false security. I don't think that the system differentiates between cars and m/cycles, I would be very surprised if it did.
    The existing red light cameras work with sensor loops embedded in the road. If a car passes over after red light shows then the flash goes off. But I haven't seen any of them actually working. Not even when cars are already halfway in the yellow box after red light is shown. Pointless crap, imho. Since these types of loops are also used for automatic traffic light switching and based on the time I have spent at some crossings waiting for green light I have my doubts whether they always detect m/cycles. That could explain your 'luck' - And if you pass through between the loops nothing will happen anyway.
    Newer red light systems work with sensor stripes, detecting the physical pressure from tires. Quite established in many other countries for speed cameras. The wheels of the car trigger the signal when rolling over the pressure sensitive stripes. Here it is technically possible to differentiate between cars and m/cycles: the latter one will only give one signal per axis. I have also already set off the flashes in Bugis area when inching through the cars to the stop line. Irritating.
    The latest gadget has not arrived here, but it's used in Germany and other countries: multi-camera systems with laser detection on the road divider, able to monitor all lanes in all directions up to a distance of 300m, able to track vehicles even when changing lanes. With that one there is hardly a chance to escape. Another nasty method is established in the tunnels of Switzerland: based on number plate recognition the time to pass through the tunnel is taken. If the time is too short for the speed limit the flash goes off, regardless how fast you pass the camera. And the Swiss guys start cashing in with 1km/h above limit, it's really painful. So far, let's be happy about the few obvious gadgets under the tunnel ceiling
    Last edited by Octarine; 3rd January 2014 at 01:23 AM.
    EOS

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    Thanks for the field report

On 6th Jan 2014 peak rush, MCE is going to face the actual full loading

no amount of engineering can simulate these
    1. ppl who dunno ang mo zi
    2. ppl who are sotong
    3. ppl who are short-sighted
    4. ppl who are talking on the phone while on the wheels
    5. ppl who are called char bo
    6. ppl who are called ah beng
    7. ppl who are dunno where to go
    8. ppl who dont what Central Boulevard , marina coastal drive
    I like 5.
    Char bo is the worst, imo. Sometime i see them drive also want to vomit blood.
    For them har, it is either accelerator or brake. Very extreme one. Tak boleh tahan.

Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    I like 5.
    For them har, it is either accelerator or brake. Very extreme one. Tak boleh tahan.
    I disagree with you. A small percentage of them actually drives very well. Your statement is also very sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post

I disagree with you. A small percentage of them actually drives very well. Your statement is also very sexist.
    Well, someone always makes sweeping statements without thinking through

I like 5.
    Is there any other way to drive nowadays with auto cars? I am just curious.....

Still have to select Park, Reverse, Neutral or Drive and some people still cannot get this right.

I like 5.
    I had seen far worse male drivers than female.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

I like 5.
    Sometimes on forums ah, I see people talk also want to vomit blood.

Views always very extreme one. Tak boleh tahan.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post

Usually statements with nothing to back up the assumption

Given the number of posts, I think CS can organize blood donations on school holidays

MCE: More Cowpeh Expressway... but at least this guy gives some advice at the end of the clip.

Enjoy.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

It's KPT. You should turn off your brain before reading. Failure to do so, could risk brain hemorrhaging hence vomit blood symptoms.

Only turn it back on when you are about to go to other thread.
    Last edited by Foxshade; 3rd January 2014 at 04:18 PM.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Deregistered

For us, we regulate speed by easing on the accelerator without always need to step the brake.
    For them, to slow down, it is straight from accelerator to brake. Hopeless creature. LOL.
    When you drive behind them, very stressful, always see brake lights flashing. Frustrating sia.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    It's KPT. You should turn off your brain before reading. Failure to do so, could risk brain hemorrhaging hence vomit blood symptoms.

Only turn it back on when you are about to go to other thread.
    Ya lah, he forgotten the definition of "irreverent". LOL. Suggest he go and read up Darren's post on the definition. LOL

Contrary to popular belief, there are still cars with manual gear shifting available.
    Back to what is meant here: Instead of brainlessly stepping either on accelerator or break one can just ease or take off the foot from the accelerator and let the car continue rolling, or just use a lower gear using engine break.
    I had the questionable pleasure to go with several drivers (private people and taxi drivers) who had a strange habit: accelerating just above limit (or their preference), then take off the foot from accelerator completely till car slowed down, then stepping on it again. The car is jerking around the chosen speed mark. One feels like riding a camel and getting seasick is very easy. But as mentioned in other threads, since I pass by Ubi Drive Center every morning and can see the crap that students get taught there I'm not longer surprised .. and hope has taken retreat in the cellar...
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, there are still cars with manual gear shifting available.
    Back to what is meant here: Instead of brainlessly stepping either on accelerator or break one can just ease or take off the foot from the accelerator and let the car continue rolling, or just use a lower gear using engine break.
    I had the questionable pleasure to go with several drivers (private people and taxi drivers) who had a strange habit: accelerating just above limit (or their preference), then take off the foot from accelerator completely till car slowed down, then stepping on it again. The car is jerking around the chosen speed mark. One feels like riding a camel and getting seasick is very easy. But as mentioned in other threads, since I pass by Ubi Drive Center every morning and can see the crap that students get taught there I'm not longer surprised .. and hope has taken retreat in the cellar...
    The last I check.... most dealer in SG do not bring in Manual... only saw.. (base on memory).. I think Suzuki Swift.... have manual.... If not, will be exotic car like WRX, BRZ, 86.....

I pass from Ubi but was a long time back... maybe it is those auto driver??? I learn a lot from experienced driver (friends and family) who gave tips that is life saving....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

There are still manual cars brought in by dealers. All my rides had been manual. Even my wife had only driven manual cars in her life. And she definitely drives better than a lot of male drivers here. The common stereotypical driving behaviour attribute to female drivers can easily apply to many male drivers as well.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Deregistered

Talking about male, suddenly reminds me of another name for MCE.
    MALE CHAUVINIST EXPRESSWAY.
    Last edited by d2xpeter; 4th January 2014 at 10:20 AM.

Talking about male, suddenly reminds me of another name for MCE.
    MALE CHAUVINIST EXPRESSWAY.

So char bo should be banned from using it. LOL. Just joking
    watch your jokes.

there are women and kids inside here too.

This is not HWZ or EDMW where you can be crass and get away with it. have some etiquette; i expect that as a Singaporean you would at least have some

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast