Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: About flash

  1. #21
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: About flash

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter
    Poor Eric, really feel bad for you seeing all these sarcastic remarks on you from some of our "helpful" bros here.
    Ok... I will try to be helpful... otherwise, some sympathizers would think that we in CS are not helpful (even if he/she/it are actually the one who only know how to comment on other people but provide no help too.)

    Anyway... the number of flashes needed depend on what you are doing. Sometime one used 1 flash, sometime one uses 2 flashes, other time they use multiple flashes and quite a number of times uses of reflectors and umbrellas are needed.

    And for us to accurately and responsibly advise, TS needed to give us specific scenarios.
    Last edited by rhino123; 31st December 2013 at 10:33 AM.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  2. #22
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: About flash

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    Normally I see them only use one, but with reflectors held by their assistant.
    Technically this is true. But I believe a true photographer must use an assistant like this to hold the reflector to realize the full potential:

    Last edited by Sion; 31st December 2013 at 10:41 AM.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: About flash

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Ok... I will try to be helpful... otherwise, some sympathizers would think that we in CS are not helpful (even if he/she/it are actually the one who only know how to comment on other people but provide no help too.)

    Anyway... the number of flashes needed depend on what you are doing. Sometime one used 1 flash, sometime one uses 2 flashes, other time they use multiple flashes and quite a number of times uses of reflectors and umbrellas are needed.

    And for us to accurately and responsibly advise, TS needed to give us specific scenarios.
    OK I'll try to be helpful.

    In a lighting situation such as this you need 2 big flashes one left and one right at equal height. Why? Please open your eyes and look and think for yourself.

    Last edited by Sion; 31st December 2013 at 11:03 AM.

  4. #24
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: About flash

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    OK I'll try to be helpful.

    In a lighting situation such as this you need 2 big flashes one left and one right at equal height. Why? Please open your eyes and look and think for yourself.

    No... you need three.

    One left, one right and one at the face.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  5. #25

    Default Re: About flash

    Model has deep set ...eyes. Which is why you need to illuminate their eye sockets or she'll look like zombies.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  6. #26
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: About flash

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    Model has deep set ...eyes. Which is why you need to illuminate their eye sockets or she'll look like zombies.
    I don't think anybody even notice anything about the darken eyes sockets except you and me, most are paying more attention the two head lights. (车前灯)
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  7. #27
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: About flash

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    I don't think anybody even notice anything about the darken eyes sockets except you and me, most are paying more attention the two head lights. (车前灯)
    Got headlights no need to use flash liao.

    Headlights plus flash will blind the photographer.

  8. #28
    Senior Member dennisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
    Posts
    2,008

    Default Re: About flash

    I not pro but I have 2X600w and 1200w outdoor strobes and only 3 speedlight. I find the 3 speedlight is more versatile and lighter no need to get the big heavy expensive ones. Unless you're shooting a plane

  9. #29
    Member eric8526's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Thanks you so much for helping me thank

  10. #30
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post

    No... you need three.

    One left, one right and one at the face.
    Can use 2 head light with reflector? Opps... I mean using 2 flash... with reflector...
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 31st December 2013 at 11:57 PM.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  11. #31
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: About flash

    Quote Originally Posted by eric8526 View Post
    Thanks you so much for helping me thank
    See Eric, after i say feel bad for you everyone become so guilty-conscious and so eager to help. LOL.

    I think you were referring to repeating flash, as what bro foxshade mentioned. Not only sb800 has this feature. Other cheaper brand has also, where you can set to the desired freq in the flash.

    Happy new year to you, bro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •