Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: shld i bank in the money after i won the bid in ebay?

Very similar to the Romanian scam, read here....

http://www.ifccfbi.gov/strategy/pressroom.asp

The price is really too good to be true....

99% a scam.....

PACKAGE CONTENTS
    Digital Camera EOS 20D
    Zoom Lens EF-S18-35mm f/3.5-5.6
    Wide Strap EW-100DGR
    Battery Charger CG-580
    Battery Pack BP-511A
    Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
    Video Cable VC-100
    Software (CD-ROM)

Please ask to still have what problem?
    Wow, he even typed the focal range of the 20D kit lens wrongly. Suggest you save your money and get it locally.

PS: If I were to bid in eBay, I would rather bid from a local seller. This way can meet up to deal and inspect items.
    eat. drink. shoot

For me, I only pay by paypal. Scam never accept paypal.

10q 10q~
    so i just leave the guy alone......

more and more scams in ebay.

not safe anymore~~~~

sigh...those money minded monkeys are spoiling the ebay market..Grrrrrrrrr

i'm frequent ebayer and also a high rated seller in ebay UK
    my ONLY advice is.... DON'T SEND !! else you'll 1000% guarantee regreat...

and DON'T expect SUPER deal in ebay, maybe slightly cheaper is ok, but less than 1k Sing for 2 cam ? u should know what i mean,
    and ONLY deal with paypal, but the thing is.... EVEN if you deal with paypal,
    they just only need to send a EMPTY boxes to you, and prove to ebay and paypal with the official shipment receipt and your signature, then ebay and paypal, will believe them, this policies was setup to protect seller.

So, don't pay, IF he complaint to ebay as you are non-pay bidder, then you write back to ebay, and said this seller request for "western union" or " trade outside ebay", and forward your his emailt o you to ebay, then ebay will black list him.

that's how ebay work. have fun.....

Quite obvious its a scam. Especially the BOC & Western Union account thingy. Go do your own research & google a bit.

Consider yourself very fortunate that there are kind folks here @CS giving you advise. But as someone who wants to 'trade' on the net, you better do your own homework properly. Or at least... check with some net savvy friends.

I have bought a lot of stuff from ebay.

I had paid with paypal, Western Union and bank transfer. Never had I once been cheated.

In this case you cannot complain to eBay about a scam. Just because a person with no ratings and sell things at prices unbelievably low does not make it a scam, "legally" speaking.

But you should be careful whom you buy things from. If a person has a 1000 ratings selling 5 dollars stuff, and suddenly sells an item costing 5000.00, my "red flag" comes up! Do not just look at the number of ratings. Look at what is being sold and bought.

If you back down from this buy, he will just leave you a negative feedback. Afterall you back down. Not him. You have not proven guilt.

Take it as a learning lesson. Don't let "good deals" confuse you. I buy things from ebay not because they are cheaper. But because I find it difficult it difficult or impossible to get them here.

I have ebayed for the past 1.5 years and all I have to say is dont trust western union, I know it's easy to use it but that's the number one place to lose ur moolah... use moneybookers or paypal for $ transfer

I believe I was nearly connned into buying a laptop at an unbelievable price before. The payment method was also via Western Union. Fortunately, I read up and found out about scams using Western Union for payment. When it is too good to be true, it probably is.

Come on, S$850 for the camera? I would even pay the amount at US$ for the Canon 20D if it is a real deal. Don't be tempted. But if you are willing to try it, pay for one of the two cameras, and then let us know the outcome.

base on ur URL...
    don't sent..
    1st he post @ ebay Singapore which alot of seller or buyer don't bother abt the ebay rule. As the seller does not pay a single cents for posting. Not like ebay US or others.
    2nd, his account is newly created @ 10-04-2005. Too new
    3rd, he is @ China. Goods what condition. If he keep ur money and item. That's nothing u can do
    4th, I don't trust Western Union. Unable to track. Basically like money order. Can sent the money to any tom or jerry.

Some tips rule for ebay.
    1st, If you want to buy anything from ebay especially expensive stuff like camera , lens, etc.. go for seller that has good repulation.. at least 50 pts.
    2nd, also ask for more information. Like shipment cost, warranty before bid.
    3rd, take note, any good worth more than S$400 that ship into singapore include the shipment cost, will kenna GST. Do your sum before bid.

As your account also new.. even he neg u.. u can just create a new account.... but take note, 1st time bid is always hard. And some seller indicate he will not sell his stuff to 0 pt buyer.
    Try not to bid so expensive stuff for the 1st bidding...

Quote Originally Posted by PQ23
    For me, I only pay by paypal. Scam never accept paypal.
    True... I always pay by paypal and accept payment by paypal...
    more safe..
    Last edited by therat; 6th June 2005 at 10:49 PM.

before you click on ur winning bid, you should have found out more details of the deal, where the seller is located, who is paying for the shipping costs, etc.

i would not risk my money to him becos
    (1) of his zero feedback rating
    (2) items are priced too ridiculously low

one tip when buying from ebay (tho it may not be 100% foolproof), is to buy from large distributors with few thousands of ratings and not from end-users.

typically the big sellers are rated as power-sellers or platinum-sellers with tens of thousands of positive reviews. such sellers are usually more safe to transact with, since, they've got a long-built reputation to upkeep and will not let any isolated scams to tarnish their reputation.

at most, even if the seller report u to ebay of Non-Paying Bidder and you received a Unpaid Item Strike, just choose a new user nick and start again on a fresh account

i kena one time received NPB, becos the seller from US was damn inconsistent with his quotations (including shipping). i reported him to ebay, giving documentary proof of his inconsistent quotation even after winning a bid. in the end i got my strike removed...

just as buyers like you and me choose sellers, the sellers can also choose buyers with some ratings to transact with.

so dun be penny-wise pound-foolish, thinking you've chanced upon a godsend offer.

my 0.000001 cents worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by fangyau
    morning all~~~

yesterdy i hav won two bid in ebay.sg,
    a canon 20d n a canon pro1.
    sell by the same person.
    after tht i discover tht this seller live in china now.
    he email to me and call me bank in the amount to bank of china or western union.and he will sent the item to me after he reciv the money.

this is the first time i won a bid in ebay.shld i trust him?
    im still a student now n the amount of money means quite a lot to me....
    any1 with experience pls teach me how to do.
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by student
    I have bought a lot of stuff from ebay.

I had paid with paypal, Western Union and bank transfer. Never had I once been cheated.

In this case you cannot complain to eBay about a scam. Just because a person with no ratings and sell things at prices unbelievably low does not make it a scam, "legally" speaking.

But you should be careful whom you buy things from. If a person has a 1000 ratings selling 5 dollars stuff, and suddenly sells an item costing 5000.00, my "red flag" comes up! Do not just look at the number of ratings. Look at what is being sold and bought.

If you back down from this buy, he will just leave you a negative feedback. Afterall you back down. Not him. You have not proven guilt.

Take it as a learning lesson. Don't let "good deals" confuse you. I buy things from ebay not because they are cheaper. But because I find it difficult it difficult or impossible to get them here.
    Yes, you can report to eBay, this has been done so many times, and they take it off eBay very fast, once people report it......I did it once, bid at an unbelievably high prize (1,000,000 USD), they took it off!

[QUOTE=therat]
    3rd, he is @ China. [\QUOTE]This is not a reason to make it automatically a scam...........I have been scammed by three americans......

HS

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes
    seller got zero rating.. be careful, be very careful.
    Yes, send in the money. You are not going to see it again. Nor the 20D. Nor the S1 Pro.
    Send, Send, Send.
    There are plenty of shoulders in CS you can cry on. Just choose any suitable one.

[QUOTE=hongsien]
    Quote Originally Posted by therat
    3rd, he is @ China. [\QUOTE]This is not a reason to make it automatically a scam...........I have been scammed by three americans......

HS
    I had bought more than 10 items from sellers in China.

Transaction smoothere than butter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast