Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 162

Thread: Ready for the D4S / or D4X ( maybe the D400 ) 3rd week JAN 2014 ;)

  1. #81
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: Ready for the D4S / or D4X ( maybe the D400 ) 3rd week JAN 2014 ;)

    D4S will have video capabilities equal or better than the Canon 1D X as far as I know. ( Nikon wants to tackle them in this department a little more.... )

    The new processor will be good also.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  2. #82

    Default Re: Ready for the D4S / or D4X ( maybe the D400 ) 3rd week JAN 2014 ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    D4S will have video capabilities equal or better than the Canon 1D X as far as I know. ( Nikon wants to tackle them in this department a little more.... )

    The new processor will be good also.
    I've never shot video on the D4... just paying for the feature to be white elephant. :|

  3. #83
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lenslust View Post

    I've never shot video on the D4... just paying for the feature to be white elephant. :|
    I think there is a demand for it. When d4 and d800 was released, pretty much all reviews came to the conclusion that the d4's video output was a little disappointing. D800 on ther hand was very good.

  4. #84
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: Ready for the D4S / or D4X ( maybe the D400 ) 3rd week JAN 2014 ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by lenslust View Post
    I've never shot video on the D4... just paying for the feature to be white elephant. :|
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I think there is a demand for it. When d4 and d800 was released, pretty much all reviews came to the conclusion that the d4's video output was a little disappointing. D800 on ther hand was very good.
    Agree... Def demand for it.... Want to see video capabilities of DSLR's ?? watch the movie " Act Of Valor - 2012 " it's filmed mostly on Canon EOS5-mk3 !

    Quite Extraordinary really.... Behind the scenes here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuqpLOiFCfo

    Trailers here :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acCwbnsSIDE
    and
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YB_96ootug
    Last edited by Dfive; 9th January 2014 at 04:28 PM.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  5. #85
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Ready for the D4S / or D4X ( maybe the D400 ) 3rd week JAN 2014 ;)

    Got this off the comment's section from Nikon rumours site, found it to be quite interesting


    Notice the card door, could be something?

    People are speculating this... Here is a mockup

  6. #86

    Default Re: Ready for the D4S / or D4X ( maybe the D400 ) 3rd week JAN 2014 ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by duskman View Post
    Got this off the comment's section from Nikon rumours site, found it to be quite interesting

    Notice the card door, could be something?

    People are speculating this... Here is a mockup
    Good bye XQD card ! Welcome double CFast 2.0 card slots !

    Lexar 3333x CFast 2.0 cards are coming !!
    (data transfer rate up to 500MB/s, catching speed of SSD harddisk)
    Link: http://petapixel.com/2014/01/07/lexa...ry-card-title/
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

  7. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Ready for the D4S / or D4X ( maybe the D400 ) 3rd week JAN 2014 ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff7id View Post
    Good bye XQD card ! Welcome double CFast 2.0 card slots !

    Lexar 3333x CFast 2.0 cards are coming !!
    (data transfer rate up to 500MB/s, catching speed of SSD harddisk)
    Link: http://petapixel.com/2014/01/07/lexa...ry-card-title/
    Irony is that no camera currently supports CFast 2.0, while XQD at the very least supported by the D4. IF the Nikon D4s is the first camera in the world to be able to use CFast 2.0, that would then be a gamechanger IMO

  8. #88

    Default Re: Ready for the D4S / or D4X ( maybe the D400 ) 3rd week JAN 2014 ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by duskman View Post
    Irony is that no camera currently supports CFast 2.0, while XQD at the very least supported by the D4. IF the Nikon D4s is the first camera in the world to be able to use CFast 2.0, that would then be a gamechanger IMO
    I hope Nikon Japan Engineering department read this thread, and they work with Lexar to provide double CFast 2.0 card slots
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

  9. #89
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    1,976

    Default Re: Ready for the D4S / or D4X ( maybe the D400 ) 3rd week JAN 2014 ;)

    Seems like there wont be a change in the memory card slots. D4s will still be using the same XQD + CF like the D4.

    Source: http://nikonrumors.com/2014/01/09/ni...s-xqd-cf.aspx/
    In the eyes of the beholder!

  10. #90

    Default Re: Ready for the D4S / or D4X ( maybe the D400 ) 3rd week JAN 2014 ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I think there is a demand for it. When d4 and d800 was released, pretty much all reviews came to the conclusion that the d4's video output was a little disappointing. D800 on ther hand was very good.
    Well, no and yes, I did try the video output, and the AF in LV is very fast and accurate, but I would still very much (read: old fogey) prefer a camera to be a camera, I'm paying for the video functionality which I don't have a choice not to have... (it's not like some AGP video card to add in or remove, or what's the new one these days? PCI? Lost...).

    If there's a D4m (minor) and D4f (full), one without video and cost less, I would be happier. XQD is pretty fine for me, I like the speed, though there's once I filled it up haha...

    CF on the D4 is quite okay too, just having to reach across the table to get another card reader is quite... oh wait, think I said this before. Shall not repeat & nag.

  11. #91

    Default Re: Ready for the D4S / or D4X ( maybe the D400 ) 3rd week JAN 2014 ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff7id View Post
    Good bye XQD card ! Welcome double CFast 2.0 card slots !

    Lexar 3333x CFast 2.0 cards are coming !!
    (data transfer rate up to 500MB/s, catching speed of SSD harddisk)
    Link: http://petapixel.com/2014/01/07/lexa...ry-card-title/
    They'd better offer an 'upgrade' for existing D4 owners then, to change the card slots.

    Even with CFast 2.0, most card readers can't even sustain the speed even at USB3.0 back to square 1...

  12. #92
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: Ready for the D4S / or D4X ( maybe the D400 ) 3rd week JAN 2014 ;)

    I'm hearing that the slots will be the same.... but I don't know what they will be.....

    That said... IF they same as D4 ( Dual types ) I WILL NEVER BUY A D4S... PERIOD !!

    Single biggest design flaw / and market experimentation on a "pro" camera in modern era.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  13. #93

    Default Re: Ready for the D4S / or D4X ( maybe the D400 ) 3rd week JAN 2014 ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    I'm hearing that the slots will be the same.... but I don't know what they will be.....

    That said... IF they same as D4 ( Dual types ) I WILL NEVER BUY A D4S... PERIOD !!

    Single biggest design flaw / and market experimentation on a "pro" camera in modern era.
    It's a minor one, just the price of XQD is exorbitantly high locally. Still waiting for the S-series to drop in price before I whack a few more pieces (from Amazon). 6 pieces of H-series is not enough :P

  14. #94
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ready for the D4S / or D4X ( maybe the D400 ) 3rd week JAN 2014 ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by lenslust View Post
    It's a minor one, just the price of XQD is exorbitantly high locally. Still waiting for the S-series to drop in price before I whack a few more pieces (from Amazon). 6 pieces of H-series is not enough :P
    Prices of XQD has dropped a lot. Check out the new Sony N series. Prices down to CF card levels.

  15. #95

    Default Re: Ready for the D4S / or D4X ( maybe the D400 ) 3rd week JAN 2014 ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Prices of XQD has dropped a lot. Check out the new Sony N series. Prices down to CF card levels.
    Thanks, haven't been tracking lately due to holidays. Just hope the next flagship utilizes all XQD at least.

  16. #96

    Default Re: Ready for the D4S / or D4X ( maybe the D400 ) 3rd week JAN 2014 ;)

    Bad news:
    Nikon is still working on a solution to error message when using Nikon D4 cameras with any of the SanDisk Extreme Pro CF 160MB/s and Sony XQD S memory cards at the same time.

    Good news:
    There should be no more issue in the upcoming D4s.
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

  17. #97
    Senior Member Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    4,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff7id View Post
    Bad news: Nikon is still working on a solution to error message when using Nikon D4 cameras with any of the SanDisk Extreme Pro CF 160MB/s and Sony XQD S memory cards at the same time. Good news: There should be no more issue in the upcoming D4s.
    I was not aware that there is an issue with the Extreme Pro Cards. I bought one recently and have no issues with it. Setting on camera is to have both cards save the image taken.

  18. #98
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I just heard from a boss of a camera store in Taiwan that D4s will be 24MP, 11fps and dual CF card slots... To ship in May.

    i have no idea how true this is.

  19. #99

    Default Re: Ready for the D4S / or D4X ( maybe the D400 ) 3rd week JAN 2014 ;)

    But many rumors say D4s specs are as follow:

    same 16MP sensor with D4 and Df
    higher fps rate
    improved AF
    better low light performance
    improved video
    XQD and CF memory cards
    newExpeed 4 processor

    Unless Sony release a new sensor, I don't think D4s will use a new sensor.
    Don't say 24 Mp D4s use same sensor with 24 Mp D610
    Last edited by jeff7id; 15th January 2014 at 09:44 PM.
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

  20. #100

    Default Re: Ready for the D4S / or D4X ( maybe the D400 ) 3rd week JAN 2014 ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff7id View Post
    But many rumors say D4s specs are as follow:

    same 16MP sensor with D4 and Df
    higher fps rate
    improved AF
    better low light performance
    improved video
    XQD and CF memory cards
    newExpeed 4 processor

    Unless Sony release a new sensor, I don't think D4s will use a new sensor.
    Don't say 24 Mp D4s use same sensor with 24 Mp D610
    Sounds like iPhone 4 to iPhone 4s to me! Heng ah, can safe money for a while more!
    Nikon D4 | AF-S 50mm 1.4G | AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED (2.9x) | AF-S VR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED | SB900

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •