Thread: I bought TAMRON SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR DI II LD DS for S$355 from ebay. Any advice.

Default I bought TAMRON SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR DI II LD DS for S$355 from ebay. Any advice.

Bought it yesterday night due to impulse buying. May I know is the purchase okay as I think I have time to cancel it?

Also anyone know is there warranty as I read tamron is international warranty?
    Last edited by maisatomai1; 28th December 2013 at 10:33 AM.

Default Re: I bought TAMRON SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR DI II LD DS for S$355 from ebay. Any advi

Not all come with international warranty, if u purchase online u should check with the vendor u buy from.

Quote Originally Posted by maisatomai1 View Post
    Bought it yesterday night due to impulse buying. May I know is the purchase okay as I think I have time to cancel it?

Default Re: I bought TAMRON SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR DI II LD DS for S$355 from ebay. Any advi

From what I read here, seem like they don't cover warranty for set bought outside Singapore.
    http://www.tamron.com.sg/index.php/s...anty-statement
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

sell in BnS at what you got it for then... Take a photo of your impulse buy and stick it next to your computer screen to remind you not to be hasty next time.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Amazing speed. 27dec buy today got it.

see you in the BnS then.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Amazing speed. 27dec buy today got it.
    The seller just wanted to offload it before you think twice Enjoy.
    EOS

Local Tamron distro will service PI lens but got surcharge on top of the repair bill. Now that Jel is giving 5 years warranty for Tamron lens in SG, not so attractive to get PI units in my opinion especially if going to use the lens extensively.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    Local Tamron distro will service PI lens but got surcharge on top of the repair bill.
    What surcharge would that be? Costs for labour and parts are ok. If JEL thinks about some form of 'penalty' they better check with their lawyers carefully, before others do it.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    What surcharge would that be? Costs for labour and parts are ok. If JEL thinks about some form of 'penalty' they better check with their lawyers carefully, before others do it.
    Jel is now GSH.

Depends how they use the term "Premium" i think.

from http://www.tamron.com.sg/index.php/s...portant-notice

How i read it is the total repair bill + premium.
    Last edited by Reportage; 2nd January 2014 at 10:02 AM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    Jel is now GSH.
    Depends how they use the term "Premium" i think.

from http://www.tamron.com.sg/index.php/s...portant-notice
    How i read it is the total repair bill + premium.
    This is obvious crap to protect their position as sole official importer. It looks as if they want to impose the amount of money as Premium that they put on top of every officially imported lens.
    Sure, they can try. Customer service is spelled differently, though. Luckily they aren't the only one who can repair a Tamron lens.
    EOS