View Poll Results: Do you support the exemptions for Do Not Call registry

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

9 100.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do not call registry Exemption Order. Do you support it?

Default Re: Do not call registry Exemption Order. Do you support it?

The more I read about the press, the more apparent it looks like a climbdown owing to strong lobbying by businesses. How could the following have been possible? Who did they poll? All those who did not register their numbers?
    'It said the exemption is meant to benefit as many consumers as possible, and was in response to feedback from businesses and consumers themselves'

This PDPC is turning out to be a major farce. I bet my entire camera kit that a large majority of the 380,000 people who have registered do not even want to get anything from companies they have an 'existing relationship' with.

Pissed.

Never mind lah. There is a heavy hit back by various industry groups that gave feedback in closed door sessions.

You know what. If they were upfront about it and said they came under heavy pressure from businesses, it would have been a little easier to accept. To disseminate BS as if we Singaporeans are idiots is what really bugs me. I would understand that our government is mercenary to FDI and the corporate dollar. Honesty goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    You know what. If they were upfront about it and said they came under heavy pressure from businesses, it would have been a little easier to accept. To disseminate BS as if we Singaporeans are idiots is what really bugs me. I would understand that our government is mercenary to FDI and the corporate dollar. Honesty goes a long way.
    Welcome to SG where backing down from a DNC registry is branded as 'benefitting' consumers.

If u had glanced at Straits Times forum today, anyone would have noticed how negative the reactions are towards this sudden about turn.

Although I may be flamed for this, but kudos to the companies who lobbied for this about turn and well done! to how this downgrade is being packaged as benefitting us consumers.

Kinda feels like déjà vu all over. Remember how Singtel, M1 and Starhub cut the 12gb plans to 1gb , 2gb and 4gb all for the sake of providing us 'better value' and a 'better surfing experience'?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12