Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617202540 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 1053

Thread: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season VI

  1. #281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post

    Nice attempt.
    I wish more guys are less shy like you about posting photos here and talking about improving them (and improve their skill level in the process)

    Composition :
    I think it can be improved with a basic rule of thirds placement of the horizon.
    One problem here is that there is no interesting point in the waters nor the sky (eg. reflection or fiery sky)
    So both water and sky does not add much to the photo except a mass of black (or yellow in this case)
    Maybe think about a 16x9 format landscape crop.

    Otherwise, it can help to work a bit to find some foreground or find some sort of leading line towards the CBD area.
    I like to think of it like a "As if the object is looking at the backround"
    Eg. The rock is looking at the CBD

    For me, the workflow would be pretty generic.

    1. Get WB right first (on your RAW converter)
    The shot is too yellow.
    Check the WB or play around to get the right one.
    You may also need to add more magenta to offset the yellows.

    If you can afford the time, why not try those out and post the adjusted photo and we can see how it goes.
    Agreed....learning never end...

  2. #282
    Senior Member oceanpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ghim Moh
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season VI

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Power lah!
    You should let ppl know that it was with the K100D too.
    Goes to show that its the photographer that counts.
    mega pixel that counts?

    yes, it's taken with k100d ir + 18-55 lens

  3. #283

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season VI

    Quote Originally Posted by ranchy View Post
    Went for a Photoshoot..
    Sharing some of my shots..

    K3 with DA 15.


    with FA31


    Must hint to someone to show his better shots compare to mine!!!
    Something about this shot that makes her stand out. The 31 mm lens?, Model? or Photographer...

    Guess the guy behind the lens.

    Beautiful and nice.


    marcus

  4. #284

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season VI

    Just want to say something here.. Welcomed back guys! this forum esp this thread super dry and quiet for very long already,we need more discussion and more photos! Keep them coming.

    Recent months,this thread did not move much..hope that it will move to like the older days
    Last edited by Iittoo; 3rd June 2014 at 09:36 PM.

  5. #285

    Default

    Thumbs up

  6. #286

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season VI

    Quote Originally Posted by Iittoo View Post
    Just want to say something here.. Welcomed back guys! this forum esp this thread super dry and quiet for very long already,we need more discussion and more photos! Keep them coming.

    Recent months,this thread did not move much..hope that it will move to like the older days
    Everyone needs to do their part.
    Unfortunately, some seem reluctant to speak up or would prefer to follow some invisible 'pecking order'.
    Others just want to join CS for the BnS.

    For the shy folks, I think the past few months of silence has been telling.
    Keep it up and the community will die.


    For the BnS folks, its a vicious cycle.
    Want more stuff to BnS, want to sell faster, want better prices for your stuff?
    All this is linked to a more vibrant community.

    Bottom line.
    Talk more, post more, join the outings more.

    Just give a good comment to some of the folks who have nice posted photos.
    They deserve a pat on the back.
    Even better, get into some discussions on technique, new small outings and such.
    Keep up the silence and one fine day, even these posters will go away.


    No Edutilos
    No Kengoh
    No Shiosaki
    and others...
    No one wants to post somewhere where all they get is silence.

    Its up to everyone to make it happen.


    My few cents.

  7. #287

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season VI


    IMGP2384-1 by jenkwang, on Flickr
    Q7+06 Zoom


    Its the friendship made in the Pentax community here that has made this trip to Bali possible and enjoyable.

  8. #288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post

    Everyone needs to do their part.
    Unfortunately, some seem reluctant to speak up or would prefer to follow some invisible 'pecking order'.
    Others just want to join CS for the BnS.

    For the shy folks, I think the past few months of silence has been telling.
    Keep it up and the community will die.

    For the BnS folks, its a vicious cycle.
    Want more stuff to BnS, want to sell faster, want better prices for your stuff?
    All this is linked to a more vibrant community.

    Bottom line.
    Talk more, post more, join the outings more.

    Just give a good comment to some of the folks who have nice posted photos.
    They deserve a pat on the back.
    Even better, get into some discussions on technique, new small outings and such.
    Keep up the silence and one fine day, even these posters will go away.

    No Edutilos
    No Kengoh
    No Shiosaki
    and others...
    No one wants to post somewhere where all they get is silence.

    Its up to everyone to make it happen.

    My few cents.
    Doing my best...noted thumbs up

  9. #289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    IMGP2384-1 by jenkwang, on Flickr
    Q7+06 Zoom

    Its the friendship made in the Pentax community here that has made this trip to Bali possible and enjoyable.
    Jus back home from night class...after seeing this pics all my tireness gone...niceeee
    Last edited by jaiyen; 3rd June 2014 at 11:05 PM.

  10. #290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    One share from last weekend bali trip with pentax kakis...
    Makes me feel like doing b+w again....

  11. #291
    Senior Member oceanpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ghim Moh
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season VI

    Bumping up this thread

    another one from k100d + 18-55mm

  12. #292

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season VI

    Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    Bumping up this thread

    another one from k100d + 18-55mm
    Another nice shot!
    Mine won't be ready till next week.

    Doing a photo course for my daughter's primary school this Sat and need to clean up the slides.
    Hopefully, I can add in some Pentax poison during that course.

  13. #293
    Senior Member oceanpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ghim Moh
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season VI

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Another nice shot!
    Mine won't be ready till next week.

    Doing a photo course for my daughter's primary school this Sat and need to clean up the slides.
    Hopefully, I can add in some Pentax poison during that course.
    Thanks. I started the thread already under landscape section, waiting for yours to upload
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1411158

  14. #294

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season VI

    Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    Thanks. I started the thread already under landscape section, waiting for yours to upload
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1411158

  15. #295

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season VI

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Everyone needs to do their part.
    Unfortunately, some seem reluctant to speak up or would prefer to follow some invisible 'pecking order'.
    Others just want to join CS for the BnS.

    For the shy folks, I think the past few months of silence has been telling.
    Keep it up and the community will die.


    For the BnS folks, its a vicious cycle.
    Want more stuff to BnS, want to sell faster, want better prices for your stuff?
    All this is linked to a more vibrant community.

    Bottom line.
    Talk more, post more, join the outings more.

    Just give a good comment to some of the folks who have nice posted photos.
    They deserve a pat on the back.
    Even better, get into some discussions on technique, new small outings and such.
    Keep up the silence and one fine day, even these posters will go away.


    No Edutilos
    No Kengoh
    No Shiosaki
    and others...
    No one wants to post somewhere where all they get is silence.

    Its up to everyone to make it happen.


    My few cents.
    Need to get back a pentax cam b4 I can post here sia .... Wait a min ... maybe go dig my old unprocess photo will help too . ha
    My Flickr ->Flickr

  16. #296

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season VI

    Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post
    Need to get back a pentax cam b4 I can post here sia .... Wait a min ... maybe go dig my old unprocess photo will help too . ha
    Hi bro u should get back a pentax cam...u took great pics with pentax

  17. #297

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season VI

    Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    nice photos, ranchy. cool reflection on pic #2

    anyway where's sharon pics?
    Sharon's pictures? Waiting for you to capture leh..
    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Nice shots Randy.


    This model caught my eye.
    Got her name/contact?
    I might be looking at doing some model photography
    She's nice. As for her contacts, think Martini will be sharing.

    Two photos of Sharon for you, Iman.. one is taken last time and one recently. hee hee.



  18. #298

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season VI

    Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    Something about this shot that makes her stand out. The 31 mm lens?, Model? or Photographer...

    Guess the guy behind the lens.

    Beautiful and nice.


    marcus
    I think is the lens.. :P

  19. #299
    Senior Member oceanpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ghim Moh
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season VI

    Quote Originally Posted by ranchy View Post
    Two photos of Sharon for you, Iman.. one is taken last time and one recently. hee hee.


    wah she looks prettier and prettier

  20. #300

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season VI

    Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post
    Need to get back a pentax cam b4 I can post here sia .... Wait a min ... maybe go dig my old unprocess photo will help too . ha
    Always get if you do.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •