Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't blame the designer,

AK47 is easy to use & maintain, even small kid can use but they are not accurate in the average firer hands, so wasting bullet only.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Deregistered

Default Re: Don't blame the designer,

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    AK47 is easy to use & maintain, even small kid can use but they are not accurate in the average firer hands, so wasting bullet only.
    but i understand that it was ever used to shoot down a US helicopter [attack helicopter?]before?
    Last edited by d2xpeter; 26th December 2013 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    If the news clips I saw during the Vietnam war are typical, most soldiers firing the M16 also wasting bullets. Firing standing up without support, firing auto from shoulder etc. I guess in war this is what mostly happens, soldiers like Audie Murphy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audie_Murphy) are rare.

Quote Originally Posted by sgciti55 View Post
    If the news clips I saw during the Vietnam war are typical, most soldiers firing the M16 also wasting bullets. Firing standing up without support, firing auto from shoulder etc. I guess in war this is what mostly happens, soldiers like Audie Murphy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audie_Murphy) are rare.
    Ah yes, as Sean Connery would say in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, "Very American. Fire enough bullets and hope that one hits."

There are tons of good video in YouTube on M16/AK47...

The design of both weapon is based on the difference theories and philosophy of 2 difference army...

One Gun Documentry I've watch put it simply...

AK47 was design more as a mini machine gun, high rate of fire with less accuracy at long range. The philosophy behind this is that during the battle of Stalingrad... both army fought no more than one block of building from then other... most time, the 'frontline' is no more than one floor or one room separating both combatant. In situation like this... a weapon that could fire at high rate while still 'accurate' within 50/60m is more than enough. Accuracy at long range is pointless when you are fighting a enemy no more than a few metres from you.

M16 was more of a rifle than could shoot automatic... than a machine gun. The philosophy has some 'Wild West' idea behind it... where a Cowboy with a good accurate rifle could take out the 'bad guy' at distance. Allowing GI to shoot at high rates meant a waste of ammo. The idea is that a well trained GI will be able to take out his/her target at long range with short burst.

To know more... go watch the video yourself....

Scuba & Father... For Life

Any IS version coming ?😊
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Using references of a rifle or the bullets (rounds) caliber from a war that had happen more than 20years ago, as something to say that the particular round and rifle is not good or something like that is a total joke.

Technology moves forward, not backward. Veteran of the war would have feedback their finding and if you will - wishlist to the developers and they would improve the overall products. Right now, we are seeing rifles of all types and brands using the 5.56mm rounds and the US military (being extremely experience) are still using the M16 rifle although not the same M16 as used in Vietnam War (another testimony that the rifle design had move ahead).

And may I also remind those people who spit on the 5.56mm rounds and sing praises of the 7.76mm rounds... the Russian had start using 5.4mm rounds for their assault rifle and the Chinese had also abandon their 7.76mm rounds on their assault rifle and go for the 5.8mm rounds. These two countries are among the biggest user of the 7.76mm on assault rifles and even they dump that particular round and go for smaller caliber ones that are essentially closer to the 5.56mm caliber rounds. These should speak of something about the 7.76mm that is actually not as high and mighty as it seemed to be.

It is like saying that a digital sensor for a DSLR is not as good as the film 10 years or 20 years ago... and that is a testimony that the digital sensor is inferior even up till now... if everyone is thinking that, we will not be seeing DSLR now... and everyone would go straight back to SLR only... and dump the idea.

Really....
    Last edited by rhino123; 26th December 2013 at 05:16 PM.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Deregistered

We are still using paper aren't we? Thought we are supposed to go paperless with our so called advanced IT.? LOL. Why are we still using something that is few thousands yr old?
    Film's resolution could be still superior to digital.
    The AK is still a very effective weapon without a doubt.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    There are tons of good video in YouTube on M16/AK47...

The design of both weapon is based on the difference theories and philosophy of 2 difference army...

One Gun Documentry I've watch put it simply...

AK47 was design more as a mini machine gun, high rate of fire with less accuracy at long range. The philosophy behind this is that during the battle of Stalingrad... both army fought no more than one block of building from then other... most time, the 'frontline' is no more than one floor or one room separating both combatant. In situation like this... a weapon that could fire at high rate while still 'accurate' within 50/60m is more than enough. Accuracy at long range is pointless when you are fighting a enemy no more than a few metres from you.

M16 was more of a rifle than could shoot automatic... than a machine gun. The philosophy has some 'Wild West' idea behind it... where a Cowboy with a good accurate rifle could take out the 'bad guy' at distance. Allowing GI to shoot at high rates meant a waste of ammo. The idea is that a well trained GI will be able to take out his/her target at long range with short burst.

To know more... go watch the video yourself....
    You are spot-on regarding the use of the AK. And with a higher caliber round, it has more punch/destructive power

That is correct. Plus low manufacture cost, ease of getting spare parts, easy to use, low maintenance, resistance to jamming.

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    both army fought no more than one block of building from then other... most time, the 'frontline' is no more than one floor or one room separating both combatant. In situation like this... a weapon that could fire at high rate while still 'accurate' within 50/60m is more than enough. Accuracy at long range is pointless when you are fighting a enemy no more than a few metres from you.

Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    We are still using paper aren't we? Thought we are supposed to go paperless with our so called advanced IT.? LOL. Why are we still using something that is few thousands yr old?
    Film's resolution could be still superior to digital.
    The AK is still a very effective weapon without a doubt.
    That's why when i played counterstrike in the days past as a counter-terrorist, i would always drop the M4-A1 for the AK-47

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12