- Basic usage, point and shoot
    - Pref AA batt and CF mem
    - Budget around $300

2. Compact camera
    - Able to fit in pocket
    - 3MP sufficient
    - reasonable battery life
    - Budget about $400

Check out the Canon A400 and IXUS 40 respectively. Don't know about how good the cameras are though.

Check out panasonic for its stablilizer, cos slim camera difficult to take pix at night. Auto mode night scene tends to have longer shutter speed which make it difficult to take pix handheld (image will blurr). With stabilizer will definitely help. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by deepict
    Check out the Canon A400 and IXUS 40 respectively. Don't know about how good the cameras are though.
    Any other recommendations if can spare a little more?

Interested in a used Canon A40 (2 MP, CF and 4 "AA") for $200 with 128 MB Scandisk CF complete with Box and everything , immaculate condition ?
    Last edited by boonhai; 25th June 2005 at 05:51 PM.

Why don't you just consolidate yr money and buy only one ? Suggest u buy used digital camera as the new ones are still quite ex, even for a 3.2MP.

The other thing I've found is that while AA NiMh are cheap, they lose their charge quite quickly and u have to make sure u charge them before u use yr camera. Got caught a few times when the batt was flat after a week not using.

Now I'm using Lithium rechargeables only.