Thread: Need help: Starhub coxial cable

Default Need help: Starhub coxial cable

Is the black cable used by the Starhub TV cable that connects the digital box to the SCV point on my wall the same coxial cable as the one used by the cable modem (white colour)?

Am moving my comp to the living room, thus have to make use of the splitter, however, I can't seem to find that short cable that comes with it...

Also, are wireless network a health hazard? I'm using the G standard one and having qualms about putting the wireless router in the same room as my kid...any expert wanna comment on this?

yes the cables are the same.

can't comment on the router coz just like mobile phones, different model have different emission rates. but i think most should be within the safe range.

if you're worried, just put the router in the living room or somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by numzkull
    yes the cables are the same.

can't comment on the router coz just like mobile phones, different model have different emission rates. but i think most should be within the safe range.

if you're worried, just put the router in the living room or somewhere else.

ic thanks!

that's why I'm putting the router in the living room now...

heath hazards actually aren't scientifically proven.. but having daughters are statistically proven. :P
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by canturn

Also, are wireless network a health hazard? I'm using the G standard one and having qualms about putting the wireless router in the same room as my kid...any expert wanna comment on this?
    WIFI only 2.4Ghz.... handphone is way way above that ...somewhere above 900ghz.... cheers

WLAN transmission = 2.4GHz
    Handphone = 900MHz, 1800MHz, 1900MHz

Hertz < KiloHertz < MegaHertz < GigaHertz

If Handphones are transmitting in the bandwidth of 900GHz and above at full power, I would have fried my innards and died horribly of cancer a year ago.

Is the black cable used by the Starhub TV cable that connects the digital box to the SCV point on my wall the same coxial cable as the one used by the cable modem (white colour)?

Am moving my comp to the living room, thus have to make use of the splitter, however, I can't seem to find that short cable that comes with it...

Don't worry abt having wireless stuff in ur room.

I've got: UHF/VHF antenna, Wireless G Router, Handphone, Cordless Phone.

If got health hazard, I die dunno how many times oredi.

OT: I wonder how safe are all these, noticed the few (famous) people in singapore that had passed away recently (had some form of cancer)?

BTW, which is more dangerous, the base station (wireless router) or the adapter at your PC.

same thing, the hp or standing near the telco station.

or equally bad?

of course the base station lah....

but the power emitted is low enough not to cause any significant health hazards, meaning it's negligible. it's not like that microwave transmitters / radar. Now those are really harmful.

btw, canturn, yes, Starhub is using coxial cable, same as the TV type.

Quote Originally Posted by pcwe68
    OT: I wonder how safe are all these, noticed the few (famous) people in singapore that had passed away recently (had some form of cancer)?
    how can this topic be related to the deaths?

these devices are rigourlessly tested by health authorities before they can be used by members of the public... DOUBLE DUH~~

Quote Originally Posted by kegler
    WIFI only 2.4Ghz.... handphone is way way above that ...somewhere above 900ghz.... cheers
    duh... i can blast you with 300Hz of RF at 10kW and happily you will develop cancer.

duh... the frequency doesn't matter. it's the amount of raw RF power emitted by the transmitter that is harmful. which reminds me of an article in the letters section of Straits Times whom one asked about the use of handphone in lifts and concerns about the power transmitted. the handphone battery is so small, where got enough power to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by mervlam
    duh... i can blast you with 300Hz of RF at 10kW and happily you will develop cancer.

duh... the frequency doesn't matter. it's the amount of raw RF power emitted by the transmitter that is harmful. which reminds me of an article in the letters section of Straits Times whom one asked about the use of handphone in lifts and concerns about the power transmitted. the handphone battery is so small, where got enough power to kill you.
    Just a little concern when I read the sticker on the WiFi router that says "For health reasons, keep router at least 30cm working distance away from people".

paiseh for e wrong info.... remembered wrongly... hee

Just a little concern when I read the sticker on the WiFi router that says "For health reasons, keep router at least 30cm working distance away from people".
    This is just a precautionary measure. I'm sure your wireless router will be more than 30cm from anyone. I prefer to put my wireless router at a high place. This way there will be no harm to anyone and the overall signal would be better around your house.