Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More is not necessarily better......

Default Re: More is not necessarily better......

Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    You hv not been reading, Sionny. LOL
    Ok you're talking about hard limits or soft limits?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Don't pay big money, don't get talents. Not even small talents.

This is the new world order.

But once talent get big money, they said doing more is not necessarily better.
    Sad

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Personally I wouldn't commit any stupidity even in a forum that permit it. I will make me look... stupid
    Stupid is as stupid does, ignorance can be educated and crazy can be medicated but there's no cure for stupidity.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Stupid is as stupid does, ignorance can be educated and crazy can be medicated but there's no cure for stupidity.
    Some say sex can stimulate the side of the brain where intelligence resides.

Geylang would testify to how people are desperate for intelligence.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Some say sex can stimulate the side of the brain where intelligence resides.

Geylang would testify to how people are desperate for intelligence.
    The furious thing is that after sucking a lot of$ from you, "they" tell you now that more sex from geylang may not be able to help much on yr intelligence. And they tell you that certain hospital might be able help solve the problem.
    And most important of all, they said "Don't rely too much on us, the Geylang". LOL. "More Geylang is not the solution"....LOL

.....interesting indeed. So does more salary payout necessarily gaurantee better talents?? LOL
    Old story, dead horse... You can't buy talents with money, or at least not for long. If the the job sucks they are gone faster than recruited.
    EOS

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Old story, dead horse... You can't buy talents with money, or at least not for long. If the the job sucks they are gone faster than recruited.
    Really? That is interesting too. Then why are you paying ministers high salary? LOL

Really? That is interesting too. Then why are you paying ministers high salary? LOL
    The ministers of my country don't get a single Euro Cent from me, already since 2005. Interestingly, the question hardly comes up in our daily politics. It usually surfaces after elections when the salaries of MPs are adjusted (upwards, of course).
    Here in SG it seems to be an awkward discussion filled with greed, greenish envy and a good dosage of helplessness of the governing when questioned by the governed.
    Last edited by Octarine; 25th December 2013 at 10:18 PM.
    EOS

If you're interested, Dan Pink gave a very good TED talk a few years ago on Reward, Motivation and Performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrkrv...gl=SG&hl=en-GB

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Francis View Post
    If you're interested, Dan Pink gave a very good TED talk a few years ago on Reward, Motivation and Performance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrkrv...gl=SG&hl=en-GB
    Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Have seen also other versions of the same topic.
    Now, looking back at SG government, it will be a big challenge to get this sort of thinking into the minds of all the lawyers there, where compliance to laws and regulations is first priority. (Which is questionable, to begin with.) Let's not forget the hierarchy and its effects. Creative environments don't have any.
    It also reminds me on a statement of my previous boss. He said clearly (when talking about hiring the right people): "I hire people according their personality, subject knowledge is what I expect them to have or to learn during their initial months." The right attitude can have a deeper impact on the working environment than the all-knowing guru with walls of certificates.
    EOS

Deregistered

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Have seen also other versions of the same topic.
    Now, looking back at SG government, it will be a big challenge to get this sort of thinking into the minds of all the lawyers there, where compliance to laws and regulations is first priority. (Which is questionable, to begin with.) Let's not forget the hierarchy and its effects. Creative environments don't have any.
    It also reminds me on a statement of my previous boss. He said clearly (when talking about hiring the right people): "I hire people according their personality, subject knowledge is what I expect them to have or to learn during their initial months." The right attitude can have a deeper impact on the working environment than the all-knowing guru with walls of certificates.
    Agree, but would like to differ in yr opinion regarding compliance to law/regulations. It is still paramount, IMO. We simply cannot tolerate things such as lawless riots.
    Last edited by d2xpeter; 26th December 2013 at 09:22 PM.

The ministers of my country
    What country is that?

Agree, but would like to differ in yr opinion regarding compliance to law/regulations. It is still paramount, IMO. We simply cannot tolerate things such as lawless riots.
    It is quite astonishing how you put 'creative thinking' and 'rioting' into the same sentence.... What kind of scared mind is this?
    On the other hand: if you do so, where then do you agree with me?
    EOS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12