Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home exercise equipment to recommend?

Default Re: Home exercise equipment to recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    New home? Climb the stairs everyday then....... free and most effective
    HDB build a 17 story steps exerciser free for me to use.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by soeypixels View Post
    no need mega gym

$2.50 per entry at clubfit or $4 at gymm boxx
    thank for sharing...

didn't know that I qualify to have discount liao. lol....

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    HDB build a 17 story steps exerciser free for me to use.
    Lol. Im sure u can even climb more than 17 floors, if u wan.....

Lol. Im sure u can even climb more than 17 floors, if u wan.....
    I didn't know climb 17 floors take less than 10mins..... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Andreq View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for the advice, especially on the possibility of it being a white elephant. I did consider this part carefully. I know many bought home exercise equipment but they ended up as expensive clothes hanger.

G man, do you mind sharing with me the model and price you bought your elliptical machine? Thanks!

You can say I am 100% motivated. Used to hit the gym near to my home for cardio exercises. But ever since I moved home and switched jobs with less regular hours, I just want fast workout. Like out of bed, onto the machine, bathe and go.

For the fitness parks that are mentioned, there is some equipment that resemble what I am looking for. But they lack adjustments on the resistance levels. Of course there are other means to replace machines when doing cardio, like simply going for a jog, etc, but guess I'm hooked to the machine! (Used it a lot last time.)
    k, if Andreq is clear about the choice, then i think its all settled le

Quote Originally Posted by keithwee View Post

k, if Andreq is clear about the choice, then i think its all settled le
    Basically, a home gym is a white elephant for most owners....

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    for people who like to complain about hawker selling cooked egg is expensive. than best thing to do is buy egg and cooking themself

a tray of 30 eggs (big) only $5.50 if know where to get it. can eat more eggs shiok shiok everyday till artery get choked.
    Ya la, COE, ERP......Auntie also take MRT.

Andreq, I bought the E830 which cost me $800, payment by cash. The list price was $899 and I asked if I could get a better price if pay by cash so the guy gave me that price.

It's basically a mechanical elliptical trainer with LCD panel that allows you to set the time, and it calculates the distance based on the speed you are going at. No power point needed, just 2 AA batteries. While the calories burnt is included, and so is a pulse scanner, I never bother with that. There is also the standard resistance knob.

Overall, it does give a good workout in just a short amount of time.

Hope that helps.

Hey guys, thanks for the advice, especially on the possibility of it being a white elephant. I did consider this part carefully. I know many bought home exercise equipment but they ended up as expensive clothes hanger.

G man, do you mind sharing with me the model and price you bought your elliptical machine? Thanks!

You can say I am 100% motivated. Used to hit the gym near to my home for cardio exercises. But ever since I moved home and switched jobs with less regular hours, I just want fast workout. Like out of bed, onto the machine, bathe and go.

For the fitness parks that are mentioned, there is some equipment that resemble what I am looking for. But they lack adjustments on the resistance levels. Of course there are other means to replace machines when doing cardio, like simply going for a jog, etc, but guess I'm hooked to the machine! (Used it a lot last time.)
    Last edited by G-man; 23rd December 2013 at 11:21 PM.

Basically, a home gym is a white elephant for most owners....
    I use dumbbells and skipping ropes.

Good for you try to exercise.
    But if you want there are many exercise you can do without any equipment.
    Such as push-ups, crunch, burpees, running, climb stairs, etc...
    Try burpees, just do for 50 times, you can see the result
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post

I use dumbbells and skipping ropes.
    Dumbbells are ok. Cheap and easy to store

Another cheaper option, buy xbox kinect sport & fitness games

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    Andreq, I bought the E830 which cost me $800, payment by cash. The list price was $899 and I asked if I could get a better price if pay by cash so the guy gave me that price.

It's basically a mechanical elliptical trainer with LCD panel that allows you to set the time, and it calculates the distance based on the speed you are going at. No power point needed, just 2 AA batteries. While the calories burnt is included, and so is a pulse scanner, I never bother with that. There is also the standard resistance knob.

Overall, it does give a good workout in just a short amount of time.

Hope that helps.
    Hi G-man,

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for filling me in!

Yes, I have that in mind also. But you got a good deal! They quoted me $988! Claimed it's the latest model but I read it's not.

It's only after some bargaining they decided to give only 10% discount, less than yours. Did you have to do anything to get it at $800? And is the warranty for 2 years?

I'm surprised such a large store like Aibi allows bargaining. The stores I went to often look empty and the guys there seem to have nothing much to do. Think business is not good for them!

Hi G-man,

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for filling me in!

Yes, I have that in mind also. But you got a good deal! They quoted me $988! Claimed it's the latest model but I read it's not.

It's only after some bargaining they decided to give only 10% discount, less than yours. Did you have to do anything to get it at $800? And is the warranty for 2 years?

I
    He did a striptease

So they agreed to give a higher discount so he would stop and put on his clothes

you can do 5BX...

or climb staircase.

Unless living in landed single-storey

I am pretty sure there are lots of staircases...

Unsurprisingly if a person is not able to have discipline nor motivation nor energy nor time to exercise outside, (such as this kitty here), she / he will not have the discipline nor motivation nor energy nor time to exercise inside.

Ok . I can haz my cheezeburger now.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

There's "The Scientific 7-Minute Workout":

Ben Wiseman

This column appears in the May 12 issue of The New York Times Magazine.

An article in the May-June issue of the American College of Sports Medicine’s Health & Fitness Journal does just that. In 12 exercises deploying only body weight, a chair and a wall, it fulfills the latest mandates for high-intensity effort, which essentially combines a long run and a visit to the weight room into about seven minutes of steady discomfort — all of it based on science.

“There’s very good evidence” that high-intensity interval training provides “many of the fitness benefits of prolonged endurance training but in much less time,” says Chris Jordan, the director of exercise physiology at the Human Performance Institute in Orlando, Fla., and co-author of the new article.

Work by scientists at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, and other institutions shows, for instance, that even a few minutes of training at an intensity approaching your maximum capacity produces molecular changes within muscles comparable to those of several hours of running or bike riding.

Interval training, though, requires intervals; the extremely intense activity must be intermingled with brief periods of recovery. In the program outlined by Mr. Jordan and his colleagues, this recovery is provided in part by a 10-second rest between exercises. But even more, he says, it’s accomplished by alternating an exercise that emphasizes the large muscles in the upper body with those in the lower body. During the intermezzo, the unexercised muscles have a moment to, metaphorically, catch their breath, which makes the order of the exercises important.

The exercises should be performed in rapid succession, allowing 30 seconds for each, while, throughout, the intensity hovers at about an 8 on a discomfort scale of 1 to 10, Mr. Jordan says. Those seven minutes should be, in a word, unpleasant. The upside is, after seven minutes, you’re done.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/0...inute-workout/
    Last edited by kandinsky; 30th December 2013 at 03:13 PM.

WTH woman! Don't expose my secrets to getting good deals can?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    He did a striptease

So they agreed to give a higher discount so he would stop and put on his clothes
    Last edited by G-man; 30th December 2013 at 03:35 PM.

Nintendo Wii! Family fun and lots of exercise... it also train your coordination, stamina and abit of strength, play with one when I visit my bro in Aust... seriously nice.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    I have an Aibi exercise bike...but caught web after a few months of usage...imo is a wast of the $600+.... nowaday go to downstair...have better equipment there
    same, i also got Aibi stationary bike. very boring cycle at home, buy a real bike and cycle better.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    same, i also got Aibi stationary bike. very boring cycle at home, buy a real bike and cycle better.
    You can have the best of both world

Cycle at home or outside

I eats, shoots & leaves

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12