Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just curious. Are there any ladies photographers here?

Quote Originally Posted by walker
    120% assurance... (just keipoh...hehehe)
    many thanks ar

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    Because most women do earn money, and don't spend much on other genders.... we do have enough to buy camera equipments
    yeah i totally agreed Women mainly won't spend on gadget

Quote Originally Posted by hOrizoNsKy
    but i personally very curious on how ladies perpective on taking photos and whts their view on taking portrait of a lady model...just wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    Check with the Mods, there`s a female only forum. Access restricted, mods have to confirm ID and gender before you can enter.
    wow... is there a male only forum here as well?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Jodie Tan is 1 female photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    Check with the Mods, there`s a female only forum. Access restricted, mods have to confirm ID and gender before you can enter.
    Go meh?

Seriously saying, I do not know what is the big deal with female photographer or male photographer. Organising female only outing is just another direction towards being sexist.

Talking about equally, thats only so much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dilys
    why is it that men are more into photography compared to women?
    it's pretty strange
    there are still a lot of females photographers, at least a lot who thinking of taking up photography

i think maybe:
    - females tend to be more concentrated once they have their target fixed on a hobby
    - family and friend pressure, quite a few friends who wanted to learn have their family members saying "gals shouldn't learn those guys stuffs"
    - duno who to approach (but nowadays with internet a lot easier to learn)
    - some ppl just liked to be pampered

u are not mixing with the right type of women then

Quote Originally Posted by quekky
    there are still a lot of females photographers, at least a lot who thinking of taking up photography

i think maybe:
    - females tend to be more concentrated once they have their target fixed on a hobby
    - family and friend pressure, quite a few friends who wanted to learn have their family members saying "gals shouldn't learn those guys stuffs"
    - duno who to approach (but nowadays with internet a lot easier to learn)
    - some ppl just liked to be pampered
    pampered?
    I personally feel that Singaporean ladies are quiteindependent and will not allow their families or freiends to discourage them to pick up any hobbies

izzit? u sure?

/me looks at the equipment list u got...

i said some lah, the number of gals liked to be pampered is still more then guys who like to be pampered.

btw pampered and independent is 2 different things, someone can be independent outside but likes being pampered by their friends
    I was referring to 2 diffewrent things.

Pampered was 1 thing and independent is another.
    Just want to clear the air a bit

izzit? u sure?

/me looks at the equipment list u got...
    well, MAJORITY

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    u are not mixing with the right type of women then
    Definately not.

Quote Originally Posted by dilys
    why is it that men are more into photography compared to women?
    it's pretty strange
    Ok pple, kindly keep this thread clean ok. My main intention is to know if there are any ladies who share the same interest as me. Not trying to draw a line in between of whatever. Was thinking if we could hav e a all girls photo-outing once a while would be something different to me

I always believe female takes better photo then male in average. Their eyes/composition are more artistic. Males brain abit too square...follow too much rules and concentrate too much on technical details or their equipments.

Oh, haha. any girl like to do outing with me I'm most welcome
    I'm male ofcos haha

I dont see why should girls not be interested in photography... it is an unisex activity... It is just that we dont buy huge equipments...
    a one click camera can also produce nice pics. it is the skill and not the equipment..
    Nex 7 / 16-80mm Carl Zeiss / 50mm1.4 Sony / 18-55mm Emount /35mm1.8 Emount

We can all agree that photography isn't be a sexist hobby. Perspective wise, I'm not sure - but we don't see any female photographers shooting female models (although i'm sure some of us would like to shoot male ones!). For example most of the shots on the modelling thread... Perhaps high fashion / advertising / product kind of model shoots work for me, but I'm not sure if having women just pose for the camera serve any meaning. In that sense, male and female photographers might be quite divided (in perspective).

Secondly, maybe the rest of the outings have been heavily patronized by male photographers, hence an intimidation of the females to participate. Not sure if that's the case, but if it is, I think horizonsky's suggestion is good.

Quote Originally Posted by fisheye
    We can all agree that photography isn't be a sexist hobby. Perspective wise, I'm not sure - but we don't see any female photographers shooting female models (although i'm sure some of us would like to shoot male ones!). For example most of the shots on the modelling thread... Perhaps high fashion / advertising / product kind of model shoots work for me, but I'm not sure if having women just pose for the camera serve any meaning. In that sense, male and female photographers might be quite divided (in perspective).

Secondly, maybe the rest of the outings have been heavily patronized by male photographers, hence an intimidation of the females to participate. Not sure if that's the case, but if it is, I think horizonsky's suggestion is good.
    Hi fisheye Nice to know you here

If I were to organise a ladies outing, would it be nice to be at St.John Island?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast