Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 79 of 79

Thread: Golden Egg???

  1. #61
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Golden Egg???

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    so from the general response, it is ok to raise the price because the shop need to buy in bulk, need to take a risk, need to pay miscellaneous

    and it is ok for the increment

    please remember that if they increase 20cents every ------- quarterly, then eggs this year is 70cents, egg next year is $1.5

    ok?
    No it is not OK for increasing the price. It is however OK, when vendor warned you first of the increase and the choice is yours to make whether you want to accept that increase or not. If you don't want to accept, just go to another stall and eat or best still, buy your own raw food and bring home to cook.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  2. #62

    Default Re: Golden Egg???

    I also just realised lol
    Sorry shouldn't comment
    Conflict of interest!
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    so from the general response, it is ok to raise the price because the shop need to buy in bulk, need to take a risk, need to pay miscellaneous

    and it is ok for the increment

    please remember that if they increase 20cents every ------- quarterly, then eggs this year is 70cents, egg next year is $1.5

    ok?
    It's ok. Got some rich people in here willing to pay $10 for an egg and find it's cheap due to own theory.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  4. #64
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Golden Egg???

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    so from the general response, it is ok to raise the price because the shop need to buy in bulk, need to take a risk, need to pay miscellaneous

    and it is ok for the increment

    please remember that if they increase 20cents every ------- quarterly, then eggs this year is 70cents, egg next year is $1.5

    ok?
    Obviously the market will speak and not buy any eggs from that stall if it is raised in that manner.

    That said, have eggs' price from cooked food stalls been raised in such a fashion? If not, your argument is a strawman one, you appear to be taking the view that that people shouldn't agree that the stall can charge 70 cents for an egg because if they continue raising QUARTERLY in that fashion, the egg prices will soar.

    Firstly, that has not happened in the past and it remains to be seen if the stall will do so, or if people will accept the stall doing so.

    Secondly, no one here is saying that they are ok with the prices being raised in such a fashion.
    Last edited by edutilos-; 23rd December 2013 at 03:07 PM.

  5. #65

    Default Re: Golden Egg???

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Sorry. Don't sound familiar at all...

    I guess it was just me. I am stingy when it come to money, don't care if I am starving or have craving for whatever food, I make sure that I know exactly how much I am spending.
    Good for you.. unfortunately not everyone have the same level of self control
    However I think this thread have gone overboard for .2 $, not that I approve the increase
    Maybe should talk about how to stop price inflation instead. Otherwise no use discussing

  6. #66
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Golden Egg???

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Maybe should talk about how to stop price inflation instead. Otherwise no use discussing
    Ask the tze char stall to offer quail's eggs instead?

  7. #67

    Default Re: Golden Egg???

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Ask the tze char stall to offer quail's eggs instead?
    Well ok maybe no point discussing it also.
    Because the underlying cause is population increase squeezing land supply hence the rent increase IMO.
    Second is manpower scarcity due to recent hiring restriction. I have no power over both, more importantly, not paid 1 mil $.

    so y'all folks can continue to throw eggs to each other.
    I'll just buy pop corn, hopefully price not increased... yet

  8. #68
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Golden Egg???

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    Days when you bring bring your own egg to roti prata uncle stall is gone. gone forever...
    Now you can bring your own roti prata to the egg stall.

  9. #69

    Default Re: Golden Egg???

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    No worry. no conflict unless you got extra egg as an optional item in the menu
    Haha not optional, egg included and non-negotiable!
    Introducing deer meat rice with fried egg set - $7.50
    No itemization, no breakdown, take-it-or-leave-it

    *Mirrored from real life experience, we stopped patronizing, they folded not long after
    'twas a pity, food was pretty nice. The wok hei was quite good
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

  10. #70

    Default Re: Golden Egg???

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Well ok maybe no point discussing it also.
    Because the underlying cause is population increase squeezing land supply hence the rent increase IMO.
    Second is manpower scarcity due to recent hiring restriction. I have no power over both, more importantly, not paid 1 mil $.

    so y'all folks can continue to throw eggs to each other.
    I'll just buy pop corn, hopefully price not increased... yet
    If anything this thread should have taught you that eggs are too expensive and precious to throw at each other!
    Catch 'em and fryyyyyyy
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

  11. #71

    Default Re: Golden Egg???

    It is interesting that the government or the media keeps portraying that inflation is very low in Singapore.

    However, if you really look around you, not just eggs but other stuff, prices have creped up over time, sometimes you don't even realise it.

  12. #72
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Golden Egg???

    Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    The egg travel 1st class on SIA from NZ to SG.
    Then the egg take a taxi from Changi to the supermarket at Jurong.
    When the chef bought the egg, he travel by bus and MRT.
    All the travel expense will be added together and paid by you
    Ya la, COE, ERP.....auntie also take MRT....

  13. #73
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Golden Egg???

    Only way to get 40 c egg now is to cook it yourself.

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: Golden Egg???

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    Only way to get 40 c egg now is to cook it yourself.
    30 cents will do. 10 eggs at 2.30, plus some oil and fire, haha! If you got a tray of eggs at $5 (idk price, roughly), it might cost 20 cents (or less?)
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  15. #75
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Golden Egg???

    Sheng Siong

  16. #76

    Default Re: Golden Egg???

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    Singapore's inflation rises to 2.6% in November

    The consumer price index rose to 2.6 per cent on-year in November, compared with 2.0 per cent in October, according to the latest data from the Department of Statistics.
    Is 2.6% very high? What is the benchmark that MAS used?

  17. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Golden Egg???

    FYI only from Giant hypermart. If retail price is X, then typically long term commercial supplier bulk purchase direct price to hawker would be much cheaper than X. So if the retail price is 17 cents per egg, long term supplier price direct to hawker may be say, 10 cents to 12 cents.

    Oh, I am not entering the debate on the hawker charging 70cts for the egg.

    I have personally experienced a ktv nightclub try to charge $450+++ for a below average bottle of red wine that is sold at retail price of $27 in supermarket.
    So commercial enterprises have a profit motive and a few (not all) will push the envelope to see to what extent they can over-charge you.

    As a consumer, simply reject outrageous price gouging.

    One more thing, do not be afraid to lose face. Always ask the price upfront.
    Don't be like the HK guy who ate a fish dish without asking the price (for fear of losing face in front of his friends whom he invited to dinner) and complained bitterly afterwards in the media about the $1,200 bill.

    Last edited by ricohflex; 23rd December 2013 at 10:11 PM.

  18. #78
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Golden Egg???

    No lah, sheng siong better. Told you liao. Uncle catchlight also said big one. Giant's is small one. Don't be fool by it's name. LOL

  19. #79
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Golden Egg???

    Or maybe as you said, buy raw egg from hawker and go home cook it yourself? LOL

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •