Thread: Need help regarding mounting Yashica lens onto Nikon D3100

Default Need help regarding mounting Yashica lens onto Nikon D3100

Hi there. I've owned my Nikon D3100 for a couple of years now and finally putting in to good use as I've decided to pursue much further in this hobby. And today while shopping for lenses I chanced across this old vintage Yashica 230 AF SLR from the late 80's and the lens were in superb condition. In my case I really liked the lens and wondered if anyone knows where can I purchase a lens adaptor for this lens, Yashica Kyocera AF 35-70mm Macro. Also, if I were to put this lens onto my Nikon if it's possible, how would I adjust the aperture or would it be fixed as it is on the lens? I notice there's no aperture manual adjuster on the lens so i assume it must be on the Yashica camera body itself. Do help me out if you could. All help appreciated. Thanks!

Default Re: Need help regarding mounting Yashica lens onto Nikon D3100

As far as I am know, the Lens flange distance for Yashica lens is shorter than that of Nikon lenses (46.5mm).
    In this case Yashica lenses mounted onto the Nikon body will not focus to infinity.
    And the lens has no on-lens aperture control, on a Nikon body look like you will be shooting macros!
    You will probably not find an adapter in the market.

Thanks for the heads up bro! I'm not really keen on buying new lenses so thought I'd explore and see what I could do with whatever I had. Considering if there was somehow that adaptor I'm looking for and enabling me to shoot macro would be awesome. I'm more keen to finding my way around than just to take the easy way out haha. In other words, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by firdfirdfird View Post
    Thanks for the heads up bro! I'm not really keen on buying new lenses so thought I'd explore and see what I could do with whatever I had. Considering if there was somehow that adaptor I'm looking for and enabling me to shoot macro would be awesome. I'm more keen to finding my way around than just to take the easy way out haha. In other words, thanks!
    Here is the Yashica to Nikon adapter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Macro-Contax...-/220957111120

Contax/Yashica Lens to Nikon F Mount Adapter Ring (Without Optical Glass/Macro)

Features
    ·Completely manual control, manual focus and manual exposure
    ·Not Focus to Infinity
    ·No electrical connection
    ·There is no ROM connection on the ring so diaphragm control of the lens is set manually.
    ·Made of Aluminum and Brass with High Quality

Compatible
    ·All Contax/Yashica Mount Lenses
    ·All Nikon F Mount Camera
    Such as: Nikon Df, D5300, D610, D7100, D5200, D600, D3200, D800/D800E, D4, D5100, D7000, D3100, D300S, D3000, D3X, D90, D700

Package Include
    ·Brand new Contax/Yashica Lens to Nikon F Mount Adapter Ring (Without Optical Glass/Macro) x1
    ·Original manufactory package

and there is no metering mode available.

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr...patibility.htm
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

this advice will prove not so helpful to Nikon users.

crop canon users can mount almost anything except Hexanon and a small number of few others ... metering is possible stopped down in Aperture Priority mode
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Please be informed that the Yashica AF bayonet mount is different from the Contax/Yashica mount.
    They are not the same.

The Yashica Kyocera AF 35-70mm Macro lens would fit the Yashica AF bayonet mount (e.g. in the Yashica 230AF Super camera body).

It cannot fit the Contax/Yashica mount (e.g. the Contax RTS or Yashica FX3 camera bodies)

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Please be informed that the Yashica AF bayonet mount is different from the Contax/Yashica mount.
    They are not the same.

The Yashica Kyocera AF 35-70mm Macro lens would fit the Yashica AF bayonet mount (e.g. in the Yashica 230AF Super camera body).

It cannot fit the Contax/Yashica mount (e.g. the Contax RTS or Yashica FX3 camera bodies)
    I guess that'll be classified under "few others " then
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人