Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Racing Car and Racing Queen

Quote Originally Posted by AhV
    well thought, bro ..... but judging from what they did last year ... they made 'guest appearances' at scheduled timings and they were off ..leaving the cars behind of cos, we would want them to stay longer .... so catching them at the right timing is important ....unless they choose to do things differently this year .....

just my 2 cents worth....
    I remember last yr's promo, they still sing and dance on the first day of the promo.....But they did not do so on the 2nd day ....

will only be able to go on 12th sunday ... can anyone confirm the time they will be there ? Got alot of cars around to shoot ? anyone wanna go together on sunday ?

Did anyone go scout today? If they're setting up the cars already, it means the roadshow is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango
    Road Show Date: 10th, 11th & 12th June 2005 (Fri - Sun)
    Venue : Turf City @ Bukit Timah Road
    Time : 10am - 7pm daily (FREE entrance, FREE parking)
    so must go there & try luck on the timing ?

550D.430EX.EFs55-250.EF50II.Sigma17-70

Quote Originally Posted by AhV
    hey ...... catch hold of yourselves here ... dun get too excited.

the facts are :

1. They will be at THUMPERLAND, GOODWOOD PARK HOTEL from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. .... 10 June 2005 (FRIDAY ONLY) ...cover charge applies ...If you want to see them, queue and pay to get in

"Japan GT Championship Y2005 Pre-Race Party
    Jun 10, 2005
    - Kawaii Attack Va Va Vroom at Thumperland. Ready...get set...Go! The Japanese Motor Race Queens are here to fix your adrenaline rush for a one night appearance only.

Japanese Motor Race Queens at Thumperland on Friday, 10 June 2005 from 7 to 10pm. Get your shot ready with these kawaii.

Drop your name cards and get a chance to win tickets to the race in Sepang!

*1st drink charge applies after 8pm. "

2. They will be at TURF CITY ....10 a.m. to 7 p.m. ...Logically, they will not be there for the full 9 hours....

I hope I ve sorted out the confusion
    How much it cost to get in ? (the ticket price)

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25
    so must go there & try luck on the timing ?

Pretty much it. Even for the indoor car shows you won't see the RQ all the time, not to mention this is outdoors. I think morning will have higher chance to see them. My guess only hor...dont come after me if all you get is a sea of men.

Quote Originally Posted by dennislim
    How much it cost to get in ? (the ticket price)
    Originally Posted by: Jango

Road Show Date: 10th, 11th & 12th June 2005 (Fri - Sun)
    Venue : Turf City @ Bukit Timah Road
    Time : 10am - 7pm daily (FREE entrance, FREE parking)

got it?

Was over there for a short while over lunch. Small booth above the carpark, no babes... only two cars... dunno if they will have anything interesting later or tomorrow or not... :|

Quote Originally Posted by RossChang
    Was over there for a short while over lunch. Small booth above the carpark, no babes... only two cars... dunno if they will have anything interesting later or tomorrow or not... :|
    ya loh..I was there...nothing..bloodyhell.

Latest News From Turf City

Our Sentosa representative ( YK LIM ) is under the hot sun looking at only 2 cars....The best part is the Race queens will only appear at 1800hrs....

Poor YK lim.... while he in the hot sun..i am drinking ice cold green tea...sigh..
    May the force be will him...

Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    Latest News From Turf City

Our Sentosa representative ( YK LIM ) is under the hot sun looking at only 2 cars....The best part is the Race queens will only appear at 1800hrs....

Poor YK lim.... while he in the hot sun..i am drinking ice cold green tea...sigh..
    May the force be will him...
    Then by 1900hrs they got to be at the party at Goodwood, right?

so is only nothing but a small booth with two cars huh ? then maybe nothing going there to waste time tot will have a few car to take photo and some babes anyone know if theres any upcoming car show ?

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Then by 1900hrs they got to be at the party at Goodwood, right?
    wah, so rush ah...looks like they will just stay for 15mins then off they go to Goodwood....i rather try my luck on sunday...

The whole thing is pretty badly organized. Spoke with the DJ there, he was saying that a lot of the day's events since morning were cancelled. This includes a press/media conference. He said that some photogs came & left (apparently, they were the media photogs).

From the setup there... does not seem to be a worthwhile event to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    ya loh..I was there...nothing..bloodyhell.
    me too...... I stayed there for less than 2 mins....

Can I know what cars were there, and which livery they were in?

Quote Originally Posted by Sausage
    Can I know what cars were there, and which livery they were in?
    1x Lotus Elise Modified for GT Race
    1x Lexus (forgot model) modified for GT Race
    1x DJ Speaking to himself
    Nx PPL with camera but nothign to shoot...
    0x Race Queen

vince123123
    Guests

I was there last night, didn't see anything at all...thats why I wasn't surprised that there's still nothing today.

I thought someone had contacted the organisers and got information straight from the source?

Quote Originally Posted by nyxx88
    The whole thing is pretty badly organized. Spoke with the DJ there, he was saying that a lot of the day's events since morning were cancelled. This includes a press/media conference. He said that some photogs came & left (apparently, they were the media photogs).

From the setup there... does not seem to be a worthwhile event to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    I was there last night, didn't see anything at all...thats why I wasn't surprised that there's still nothing today.

I thought someone had contacted the organisers and got information straight from the source?
    Erm... the event is suppose to start today?... I guess that's why u din see anything ysterday...

Default Just back from there

Everything cancelled at TC today. No girls and no press conf. Only press conf will be at Thumper by invitation only.

Everything on for tomorrow, more cars coming......... could not get times that the Race Queens will be there. Organizer very non-committal. Take your chances.
    Last edited by r52lanc; 10th June 2005 at 05:44 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast