Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cyclist being hit & Flew at Singapore Expo

Default Re: Cyclist being hit & Flew at Singapore Expo

Checked the video in ultra slow motion. At moment of impact at 21:52:48.

As I said, if both sides of traffic lights are sync, the cyclist crossed his side when amber(from the car side). Too bad he is slow to pass the junction and the car, panic to turn, never noticed him. If not sync, the cyclist mostly beating the red light liao.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    You're right. Some drivers like to make the dash when they see the light flashing and can't stop in time, or just follow the car in front without looking
    Some people just follow the light..... and that's what most driver would do.... especially if they did not see any headlight...

The car saw the light and is in it's favor, and hence, I think that's why he did not slow down, nor noticed the cyclist.... Car was not dashing red light... and speed was not that fast actually...

Car turning have the right of way when he turn...... and it is just very suay for the Motorist to hit the cyclist.....

I think the cyclist was like in the center of lane one or between lane 1 & 2.

Just hope the cyclist is ok.....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

This is probably the location.

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    As I said, if both sides of traffic lights are sync, the cyclist crossed his side when amber(from the car side). Too bad he is slow to pass the junction and the car, panic to turn, never noticed him. If not sync, the cyclist mostly beating the red light liao.
    yup. BOth light should be in sync what. So Driver's fault. The cyclist crossed when amber so he did not beat red light. So all turning vehicles (car) must wait until the straight vehicle (cyclist) has passed before chiong across right?

Quote Originally Posted by dniwkh View Post
    yup. BOth light should be in sync what. So Driver's fault. The cyclist crossed when amber so he did not beat red light. So all turning vehicles (car) must wait until the straight vehicle (cyclist) has passed before chiong across right?
    I experienced traffic lights can be out of sync even you used it regularly. You never knows who is right or wrong unless the cyclist got video of he is passing during amber and not red. Anyway, as long driver hit cyclist, driver wrong liao, don't care cyclist ignore rules or not. Sad.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

1st principle applies. always slow down when approaching traffic junction.

Drive safely. Take good care.

Quote Originally Posted by dniwkh View Post

Unless it's the red light for all, except for turning vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    I experienced traffic lights can be out of sync even you used it regularly. You never knows who is right or wrong unless the cyclist got video of he is passing during amber and not red. Anyway, as long driver hit cyclist, driver wrong liao, don't care cyclist ignore rules or not. Sad.
    I think cannot be out of sync right? else there will be accident as both the turning and going straight (opposite) will have right of way.

In this case, I think must be synced.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    Some people just follow the light..... and that's what most driver would do.... especially if they did not see any headlight...

The car saw the light and is in it's favor, and hence, I think that's why he did not slow down, nor noticed the cyclist.... Car was not dashing red light... and speed was not that fast actually...

Car turning have the right of way when he turn...... and it is just very suay for the Motorist to hit the cyclist.....

I think the cyclist was like in the center of lane one or between lane 1 & 2.

Just hope the cyclist is ok.....
    bro...

i'm just making a reference to the typical driver on the road, not about the accident.

anyways, a car that is making a turn when the lights to go straight ahead are green (and when the turning arrow is off), has to give way to traffic from the opposite direction going straight

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    anyways, a car that is making a turn when the lights to go straight ahead are green (and when the turning arrow is off), has to give way to traffic from the opposite direction going straight
    I agree but as a driver of 30+ years experience, I still find it difficult to spot cyclists especially at night crossing where pedestrians cross. Our eyes will look for faster cars or slow pedestrians, so can miss the fast cyclist. I am not condoning what the driver did but saying it can happen to even the most careful driver. So everyone, pedestrians, cyclists and drivers need to be careful and not depend on others to watch out for them. Be safe. Merry Christmas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12