Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photographer's Etiquette During Performance

Quote Originally Posted by arowana
    Did you go to bugis and shoot today ?

Notice that your male fren also obstruct the audience behind?

Do you notice behind your male fren back? . Mind you , your friend was on a big camera bag, flash bracket, testing and firing shot at the performer while they are children cannot even see what going on .Some even resort to piggyback on the dad shoulder.Did you notice all this ?

Your male friend was in the middle facing the stage. Around 6 feet from the stage.

Flash photography and concert performance don't go together, frankly. It is very distracting to the performer and affects their concentration, also audience get to watch a flash show rather than enjoy the concert.

Esp with paid concert, whether it is official photographer or "unofficial" ones, doesn't give you any right to obstruct/distract the audience. Any photographer who is professional and experience in stage photography should know that better. Most of the professionals will know where to position themselves and not get in the way of others, but in event others get in the way, don't blame them for reacting or taking drastic measures because they get screwed if they can't produce the pictures.

Also, if organisers are not stringent enough with these, they're partly to be blamed too, frankly. Making annoucements about no flash policy is one, stopping thick-skinned people from doing otherwise despite the reminder is another. If you're to look at the way Esplanade handles these folk professionally, you're understand what I mean...yea, some of you might think they're being tight-ass, but they're out there to up enforce certain standards which this country seriously lacks.

Just my 2 cents.

Concert hall and theatre ... strictly no flash photography same as stage photography, organiser will make announcement prior to performance start. As an official photog, you either make it early to shoot their rehearsal or take your chance dun use flash during their performance, in additional not to obstruct the audience. Normally when performance starts, you just click 1-2 shots and seat there relax to watch the show ..

Events depends on what is required, need flash use flash, no flash allowed then dun use flash lor ... simple as that ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    Cant be you rite ??? ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    Cant be you rite ??? ...
    No lar, was at home all the time.. down with the flu

siao liao, like that you guys must have shot me countless times. ok, obsverve what has been mentioned here (only when ont on duty). but when on duty, getting the job done is my only concern, sorry if I will be or going to block some of you guys .

btw, i think most of us shooting in SSF while not on duty did not wear the pass , I think that its because we respect that the guys on duty and dont want the SSF organiser to be confuse (for what ever reason).

but seriously, some of us dont what big fast lens, thats why need to use flash and stand infront. however, I think as a photog, one should know when not to use flash (just u the ISO and use software to remove noise). imagine the breakers, blinded by a series of flash, while going into a head spin , can end up breaking neck instead.

just to add, most here arent pro, so we appreciate valuable pointers like these.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    No lar, was at home all the time.. down with the flu
    chey ... thot u connected by throwing in 2 BIG smiles .....
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Concert photography also, especially those in esplanade, victoria concert hall, singapore conference hall and other performing theatres. Shutters are NOT TO BE heard, or the organiser will bar you from shooting. if shooting is a must, wait till a loud part in the performance before firing your shutter.
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    chey ... thot u connected by throwing in 2 BIG smiles .....
    No, just thought that statement was pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    Concert photography also, especially those in esplanade, victoria concert hall, singapore conference hall and other performing theatres. Shutters are NOT TO BE heard, or the organiser will bar you from shooting. if shooting is a must, wait till a loud part in the performance before firing your shutter.
    Shutter noise..ah..thats when the prosumers come in handy.But more PS work thats all.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz
    Shutter noise..ah..thats when the prosumers come in handy.But more PS work thats all.
    How about Leica rangefinder cameras???

Deregistered

two words:

"Be nice."

simple words even a child will understand.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    How about Leica rangefinder cameras???
    Exquisite.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    Good one FB. You might as well take a pic for record on the offending photographer as well.
    I do have pics, but not nice to post here ....

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Why do you think I use eye cups? now you understand? Heehee...
    It doesnt help when the flash is pointing towards you. Face burnt by flash ...

Did you go to bugis and shoot today ?
    Notice that your male fren also obstruct the audience behind?
    Yes, I was there, but sorry my friend was at the side of the stage.

Deregistered

fb: at least I can still see after the flash fire, I also ever kena a 550EX right into my left eye as I was looking through the VF, after that a few secs cannot see anything, somemore I was shooting an event...

Cheer up!

Quote Originally Posted by furball
    I do have pics, but not nice to post here ....

It doesnt help when the flash is pointing towards you. Face burnt by flash ...

Yes, I was there, but sorry my friend was at the side of the stage.

side of the stage...

side of the stage...
    Hey, if u want to pick on my posting, FINE !
    But for what I know, he was standing just in front of a tree.
    If he is obstructing the view of people standing behind that tree, I 've got nothing to say.

I know what u would say next, the tree isn't exactly very big ...

I'll let him know about his mistake and to avoid it next time.

I just posted this thread to make people aware and probably take note while shooting during performances.

P.S. But if you are the photographer that cut across the performance area while team 13 was performing ... I'm sorry but I've got to say I'm pissed with you.

Quote Originally Posted by furball
    Hey, if u want to pick on my posting, FINE !
    But for what I know, he was standing just in front of a tree.
    If he is obstructing the view of people standing behind that tree, I 've got nothing to say.

I know what u would say next, the tree isn't exactly very big ...

I'll let him know about his mistake and to avoid it next time.

I just posted this thread to make people aware and probably take note while shooting during performances.

P.S. But if you are the photographer that cut across the performance area while team 13 was performing ... I'm sorry but I've got to say I'm pissed with you.

Cool down , i was there for the puppet show in bugis junction 1830pm and standing behind the crowd when i saw you and your "male friend" show up. You sit down with the children enjoy the show while your "male friend" was continue standing , fiddling with the setup , shooting at the performer .Your "mle friend" was standing directly facing the stage.

Cool down , i was there for the puppet show in bugis junction 1830pm and standing behind the crowd when i saw you and your "male friend" show up. You sit down with the children enjoy the show while your "male friend" was continue standing , fiddling with the setup , shooting at the performer .Your "mle friend" was standing directly facing the stage.
    OMG !!! I've been stalked ... Didnt know I'm so easily spotted ...
    Okie, I would let him know about his mistake.

For now, can we not
    This thread is not about me, my "male friend" and his mistakes.

Is it me? If so, my apology on this issue. Let's move on.
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast