Thread: anyone using a slave flash on the s602z?

Default anyone using a slave flash on the s602z?

hi,

anybody using a slave flash on the s602z? that is, can you fix the flash on the hotshoe and still pop up the in built flash? any obstruction or problems? i intend to get the custom flash that zoomer is MO, and am wondering if this setup is ok.

any 602 users getting it as well?

That flash should have a normal flash trigger so you could use it like any normal flash (using non-slave mode) instead of a slave one. One bad thing about using slave mode is that the flash could be triggerred by other cameras.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

hi mpenza,

thanks for the info. any idea why they build it as a slave in the first place? what's the advantage over the non flash one?

can i leave it as a stand alone flash at one corner, such that when i use my flash at the subject, the slave flashes too?

Originally posted by fastwatch
    hi mpenza,

thanks for the info. any idea why they build it as a slave in the first place? what's the advantage over the non flash one?

can i leave it as a stand alone flash at one corner, such that when i use my flash at the subject, the slave flashes too?
    for many other cameras, they don't have a hotshoe or any flash sync port and the only way for them to use an external flash is via a slave mode. on some others like Sony F707, they use a proprietary way to sync the flash and the Sony flash is expensive. So, they have an incentive to get a slave flash.

leaving the slave flash off the camera is a creative use of flash. It'll flash too when you use your camera's flash (provided the sensor can detect your camera's flash)

hi mpenza,

thanks for your quick reply. i believe i'll get this flash for the 602. are there any more powerful flashes out there that works with the 602? you have any ideal flash in your sight?

Vivitar 285HV is more powerful but costs more $145.

I've a Metz 32Z-1 but thinking of getting a 2nd hand Nikon SB24, which is more powerful. Also thinking of getting Metz 40MZ3 series which have a secondary fill-in light.... both are expensive though

One thing about the 285HV is that it can't swivel!