Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free Model shoots for your portfolio

What's the biggie? Agencies usually do this...

Default haha. let not discussing abt this issue

this thread is to invite photographer from newbie to pro. i hope to hear from the organiser who is the chosen one to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by shan_gui
    this thread is to invite photographer from newbie to pro. i hope to hear from the organiser who is the chosen one to shoot.
    If you really do not want to discuss the issue, why do you need to know who the shooter is? Do we really care?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by shan_gui
    I believe you have to send him ur portfolio before he choose the photogapher. So there goes my chance.

i think from an agency's point of view, it's only right they get a copy of the CD because they provided the model to the photographer and further more, outfits and make-up artist are provided by them. i am sure they'll use the images to print the composite cards for the model.

it's a small issue here. i think it's a win-win situation. at most, give the agency the CD after the shoot and let them burn a copy for the model instead. you don't need to pass anything to the model. sukverfrond is a model so she's in a better position to know what's the procedures. i think no agencies would want their models' photographs to be used for some other things.

Agreed. I really see no fuss about this.

Granted that an agency wants to view folios to select photographers (new or pro) that can produce pictures that suit their agency's image/comp cards.

Models, wardrobe, makeup are provided. All they ask for is an extra CD. What's the hoo haa about?

Must pay make noise. Now don't need to pay anything also must make noise.

tsk tsk.
    www.miatan.com
    blog.miatan.com

Alamak.. if happy take the shoot lor.. if not jus leave it lor.. is tat simple

I used to shoot books for Phantom models.

That was a long time ago.

I may have one or two comp cards lying around.

Reannemia would not do a shoot with me ... if that helps you make more critical decisions.

Are you interested, really and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake
    Alamak.. if happy take the shoot lor.. if not jus leave it lor.. is tat simple

Quote Originally Posted by Feinwerkbau
    I used to shoot books for Phantom models.

That was a long time ago.

I may have one or two comp cards lying around.

Reannemia would not do a shoot with me ... if that helps you make more critical decisions.

Are you interested, really and why?
    Gee, did I just say that?

Fatigue and intoxication does wonders to clarity.

What I meant was the shoot between Mia and I never happened probably because I didn't have my head on straight. LOL!

K, I'm goung to zzz land.

the isue is agency wants to see portfolio, and newbie may not have good ones, so there goes the chance. (They need the chance)

Pro i don,t think they want to shoot, cos they don,t need it. (Cos medel are newbies.)

So, wats left? semi-pro?

So, at the end of the day, model, agency and photographer may (high chance) not get what they need, or shld i say require.

Thats was what i think.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Then it's not TFCD already?

Thought the exchange here is between the model & photographer?

"Free Model shoots for your portfolio" was the title I believe.

It's FOC, the models are new, we train them, they get pictures for portfolio and we get ours, but why does the agency needs them. That's puzzling me. I don't see how the agency comes into the FOC shoot?
    I have a funny feeling that the models are paying the agency for their portfolio.

"Model pays the laundry. Agency gets free photographers to do clean laundry. Laundry is return to the agency fresh and clean. Agency is win win situation. Free photographers get exploited again and again."

Newbies wants to do but portfolio weak. Semi Pro......hmm for them it's a 50/50. Professional.....i think not.

Anyway, I have a few model friends from this agency and all of them need to pay the agency for photo portfolio. Agency will not mentioned to the models that they are hiring free photographer.

If it's free, why not ask the model to approach us to do TFP/TFCD instead of going thru the agency? No need any middle man what.

It's not that photographers do not want to help but this agency are not able to come clean and truthful about it.

The agency only has a right to get a copy of a CD IF the photographers are PAID.

Quote Originally Posted by Feinwerkbau
    Gee, did I just say that?

Fatigue and intoxication does wonders to clarity.

What I meant was the shoot between Mia and I never happened probably because I didn't have my head on straight. LOL!

K, I'm goung to zzz land.

oei it's not like tat one leh.
    coz your style not really what i want mah.
    dr chong n u guys are into more artistic natured shoots.

would still be keen to work with your pets but direction of shoot may not be what u guys want leh.
    www.miatan.com
    blog.miatan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades
    "Model pays the laundry. Agency gets free photographers to do clean laundry. Laundry is return to the agency fresh and clean. Agency is win win situation. Free photographers get exploited again and again."
    So this is called "Photolaundry"? And the photographers are called "photolaundrers" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades
    I have a funny feeling that the models are paying the agency for their portfolio.
    You remind us something ... i did encountered that before .... but not this agency and hope this agency dont resort to this.

In goodwills, hope the agency can finds good photographer for the models TFCD ...

Sorry for the OT ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

hi guys,
    thanks for the explaination. as mentioned, its a win win situation. as a model agency, we need to keep a copy of teh picture to promote the mdoels. credit of the shooters will be mentioned on the com card.

i am inviting interested shooters to build up the portfolio and yes, if you have a website on your own, you may do so to post the model picture as your work.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by modelista
    i think from an agency's point of view, it's only right they get a copy of the CD because they provided the model to the photographer and further more, outfits and make-up artist are provided by them. i am sure they'll use the images to print the composite cards for the model.

it's a small issue here. i think it's a win-win situation. at most, give the agency the CD after the shoot and let them burn a copy for the model instead. you don't need to pass anything to the model. sukverfrond is a model so she's in a better position to know what's the procedures. i think no agencies would want their models' photographs to be used for some other things.

hi,
    we do not charge the models . i understand there are agencies doing this. the main reason for the agency to win is to get nice picture for the model.
    pls rest assure

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    So this is called "Photolaundry"? And the photographers are called "photolaundrers" ?

Default email

hi,
    should there be any enquires on the above thread, pls do not hesitate to contact me at 62249885 or email me : booking@markchowmodels.com.sg

as i will not be reading the thread oftens. no pms also pls.
    thank for your kind attention.

Deregistered

KNIGHT ONG: yes, I still remember the incident

Quote Originally Posted by ModelBooker
    Dear Photographers,

We are offering a FOC shoot for the new models intake. You are allowed to use it as your portfolio. its a win-win situation where the mdoels get the picture and you get to update the portfolio.

make up and outfit is provided.

requirement: to provide 2 sets of pic to me and the model with cd.

interested?
    pls email me your work, contact no : booking@markchowmodels.com.sg

Quote Originally Posted by ModelBooker
    hi guys,
    thanks for the explaination. as mentioned, its a win win situation. as a model agency, we need to keep a copy of teh picture to promote the mdoels. credit of the shooters will be mentioned on the com card.

i am inviting interested shooters to build up the portfolio and yes, if you have a website on your own, you may do so to post the model picture as your work.

thank you
    So... conclusion?

Conclusion?

Free CD and throw in a free Hello Kitty as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast