Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should i trust the hygrometer on my dry cab?

Originally posted by Barrios
    Pour salt on your hygrometer....hahahaha
    Just kidding.......Pour a tablespoonful of salt in a small container, preferably a container lid. Put a few drops of water in the salt just to moist it and not dissolve it. Next, place the container of moist salt, together with your hygrometer, in a see-through container or ziploc bag. Seal the container. Leave it aside for few hours, say about 4 hours. Check and see the reading on your meter. An accurate meter should read 75% or close to it as the humidity inside the container with moist salt always maintains at 75%. Got it from somewhere on the net......kekeke......but my meter showed between 74 - 76% all the time while inside the ziploc bag. Once it was brought out, it shot up to 85%.

Just kidding.......Pour a tablespoonful of salt in a small container, preferably a container lid. Put a few drops of water in the salt just to moist it and not dissolve it. Next, place the container of moist salt, together with your hygrometer, in a see-through container or ziploc bag. Seal the container. Leave it aside for few hours, say about 4 hours. Check and see the reading on your meter. An accurate meter should read 75% or close to it as the humidity inside the container with moist salt always maintains at 75%. Got it from somewhere on the net......kekeke......but my meter showed between 74 - 76% all the time while inside the ziploc bag. Once it was brought out, it shot up to 85%.
    Very interesting.... learn something new everyday in this forum...
    = ) got psychology lessons... (understanding how pple prefer to go toilet, how much pple spent, housing pple live in and whether too much polls are boliaoz...) now even got science lesson!!!

Originally posted by Eugene

Very interesting.... learn something new everyday in this forum...
    = ) got psychology lessons... (understanding how pple prefer to go toilet, how much pple spent, housing pple live in and whether too much polls are boliaoz...) now even got science lesson!!!

I think I've spent too much time here and gained too much knowledge too.....I have no more room up there.....hahahaha........

One thing I notice is the digital meter tends to respond very slowly to humidity changes. On the contrary, the analog meter shoots up sky high when the dry cabinet is opened for about a minute.
    This is strange. I encounter totally the opposite. My Radioshack digital hygrometer responds immediately and very fast. The slow one is the analog one.

If you want to buy hygrometer, I suggest SLT, the third floor, next to the escalator.

There are so many types there. For me, I paid almost $60 for it. It can read two different RH readings, it has a max/min for the day.

I find it extremely useful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12