Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Elections or 'People's Council' ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post

Are Asian born with smaller brains? Time to wake up and stop watching cowboy shows.
    Asian do not have smaller brain.... maybe smaller man hood and the inferior complex comes in.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Quote Originally Posted by NazgulKing View Post

No. It's because we are more conservative and more reluctant to embrace alternative ideas. Just one kid going on youtube and sprouting stuff and you have the bulk of the population reacting with wounded pride.
    Asian would be more conservative. And they take things too personally.

I hv not seen the video but I think roughly the content is the same.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Default Re: Elections or 'People's Council' ?

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    Asian do not have smaller brain.... maybe smaller man hood and the inferior complex comes in.
    You'll be surprised that Singapore men do not belong to this smaller category, going by their lack of inferior complexity. On real life accounts, I have partying friends that says that most Singapore men are quite a handful.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    You'll be surprised that Singapore men do not belong to this smaller category, going by their lack of inferior complexity. On real life accounts, I have partying friends that says that most Singapore men are quite a handful.
    No. The Inferiority complex here is more subtle than outright brashness that most display here. The inferiority complex is more a collective one, which is why all it took was one little girl to go out and rant openly about society's problems for everyone to get worked up. Most people here are simply incapable of admitting that there are problems here openly, either because they think life is good enough because they have low standards and they have found a way to exploit the system, or they have already given up hope of ever changing things here.

Then there are those who... have packed their bags and left. Mind you, this includes our best and brightest.

And most of the partying lot here aren't exactly the brightest. In fact, they are most likely to give in to the slightest provocation when they are slighted by whatever silly reason.
    Last edited by NazgulKing; 20th January 2014 at 10:54 AM.

Google translation of Sin Min Re Pao news article.

Bangkok shocking news came, one dead 39 injured in bombings occurred on Friday, there is video captured the man after throwing hand grenades, and the truck driver both fled the scene, while a truck belonging to the opposition at all, and therefore it is rumored anti-government protesters and the army Party set a trap, a self attack action!

Thailand, "Bangkok blockade" of anti-government protests last into the first six days earlier was a suspected grenade attack protesters died yesterday morning, becoming self-week "blockade of Bangkok" first person killed since the demonstrations began, but also to self- Since the end of anti-government protesters to nine victims.

Events that further political tension, the police pointed out that CCTV near the scene photographed wearing a white hat, a man suspected murderer, he worked in the vicinity of the opposition Democratic Party belongs to an assistant truck appeared, police looking for the assistant to assist in the investigation.

According to video footage, Whitecaps men approached the truck after throwing an "article", quickly hid behind a pillar, five seconds after triggering an explosion, smoke in the sky, the man with the truck driver fled the scene, ignoring the site of injury demonstrators.

Democrats angry denial; Thai party refers to the opposition: the blockade not discredit the government; Zaibao last night shooting a man seriously injured. Full coverage, please refer to 19.01.2014 "Shin Min Daily News."

Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Google translation of Sin Min Re Pao news article.
    Thanks for the translation. It is going to get very interesting, Suthep is desperate to force the game to an end as the strength of the protests are waning.

The conclusion should be coming soon. Somehow the gut feeling tells me Army gonna step in soon.

And yes , I hope Suthep has the balls to face his murder charge in court. Thaksin corrupted or not, did manage to bring a decade of peace to Thailand and most of all, improved the lives of the poorest - how many leaders can u find nowadays that does this ?

Quote Originally Posted by keithwee View Post
    The conclusion should be coming soon. Somehow the gut feeling tells me Army gonna step in soon.

And yes , I hope Suthep has the balls to face his murder charge in court. Thaksin corrupted or not, did manage to bring a decade of peace to Thailand and most of all, improved the lives of the poorest - how many leaders can u find nowadays that does this ?
    It is interesting to see the Army refraining from staging a coup. It seems like the king has not issued any direct orders. So the army may still wait.

As for corruption, Suthep's corruption cases are quite clear-cut. Thaksin made executive decisions that favored himself but this is not clear cut corruption. If this is considered corruption then every political leader is corrupt.

State of emergency imposed. For 60 days.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...ngkok-20140121

It will damage the tourism trade in BKK during crucial Lunar New Year festive period. Gone case for the hotels.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 21st January 2014 at 07:28 PM.

Toyota threatened to pull out their investment if this continues

At 10.25pm on 21 Jan 2014

Suthep vows to defy emergency decree.

There will be a clash when the mob does not respect the law.

At 10.25pm on 21 Jan 2014

Suthep vows to defy emergency decree.

There will be a clash when the mob does not respect the law.
    If the Thais choose to support someone like this, they deserve the consequences.
    Wikileaks diplomatic cables from the US embassy revealed that many members of his own party have long complained of his corrupt and unethical behavior.[7][8][9]
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suthep_Thaugsuban

The Democrat party (need to change the name) of Thailand sends the mob to prevent the Thai citizens from voting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4667474.html

Quote from Suthida Sungkhapunthu

"I saw this coming but I'm still quite disappointed," she said, denouncing the protesters as "undemocratic" as she watched the mob at her polling station a block away. "It's my constitutional right" to vote.

The Thai King should give LKY a call and ask for advise before it is too late.

Why? He never learn succession planning meh?
    He could have just redraw the boundary of BKK or group it under a constituency. Never seek advice again.
    I think the Thai Royal family is reading CS KPT.

thai-princess-sirindhorn-in-singapore-on-visit

thai-princess-calls-on-pm

I think the Thai Royal family is reading CS KPT.

thai-princess-sirindhorn-in-singapore-on-visit

thai-princess-calls-on-pm
    Looks like they are taking your good advice.
    If they had come earlier they could have joined Thaksin and Aung San Su Kyi at the 2013 Singapore F1.
    http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/371076/

The former Asean Secretary General Surin Pitsuwan opines.

Link Credit: www.bangkokpost.com

Destruction and transition in Thailand

The former Asean Secretary General Surin Pitsuwan opines.

Link Credit: www.bangkokpost.com

Destruction and transition in Thailand
    We still recall Thaksin Shinawatra, in one of his famous weekly radio programmes, admonishing Thais to "get into debt like me. You will never get rich unless you get into debt. Look at me". We also recall...
    So Thailand is the new Singapore ?

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    So Thailand is the new Singapore ?
    No... The other way around... We seems to be heading in that same direction...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast