Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chinese on the moon....

Default Re: Chinese on the moon....

Quote Originally Posted by justme77 View Post
    Probably they are thinking to set up a mooncake factory and shop there. Brings a whole new meaning to the words Chinese mooncake - "Fresh and direct to you from the moon" or "100% made on the moon".
    I doubt.. with the current mentality they just produce it using child labour and dubious ingredients, labelling them as 'Moon-made' and charge exorbitant prices

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    I doubt.. with the current mentality they just produce it using child labour and dubious ingredients, labelling them as 'Moon-made' and charge exorbitant prices
    Yeah. There are plenty of "useable materials" on the moon. They can be creative and make something out of it
    And right now, land space will not be an issue too (thus save costs and more profit).
    [This space is available for rent]

Some of us watch the cowboys and Indians shows in the past. We always classify the good and bad people. Very stereo type of mindset. The so call good county and bad country. Surprise to see that in our younger generation too.

Who is the world biggest supplier in fire arms and who fought in the most modern wars? Who paid for all these? You must have heard the budget to campaign for election in Singapore. It is peanuts compared to USA. You need to be a multi millionaire before you even blink you eye to consider it. So do you think the average citizen will ever be a president?

This world is about greed and how to benefit from others. There are the more extreme ones. No perfect one.

Deregistered

as mentioned, it appears to be a potential territorial claim on an area with abundance of Helium3, supposedly a potentially valuable fusion energy fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    I think its still quite far fetched. US landed man on moon 30+ yrs ago with minimal computational support. I've read somewhere that the onboard computer is still behind today's scientific calculator. Moreover, US military capability is not fully known.
    Take the latest NSA scandal for example, if not for Snowden, we wouldn't know the extent of the US intelligence capability.
    I think most people assumed that already before Snowden.

even though the moon and spacespace is by treaty not militarizable and belongs to everyone it's really difficult to dislodge a multi generation lunar base.

how does that come to be? the taikonauts found Chang Er. hehe hehe
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    even though the moon and spacespace is by treaty not militarizable and belongs to everyone it's really difficult to dislodge a multi generation lunar base.

how does that come to be? the taikonauts found Chang Er. hehe hehe
    Very soon, they will make a MoonCake factory on the moon
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    This is something very worrisome. Because this moon landing shows China's ambition. China isn't just trying to overtake the US, it is trying to BECOME the new US. This is the ambition at the back of their minds, even if the Chinese do not yet know it themselves. Just look at their new stealth fighter and aircraft carrier. They are beginning to model their military after the US. They want a fleet that can sail to any corner of the world to impose China's will. Just as the US is doing now. And they are preparing to do battle on the high seas with carrier fleets, the way Japan did with the US in WW2. So why is this a bad thing? Simply because China is not run like the US. Right now the US is Number One, but it is no big brother. It is a military industrial nation. It can go to any part of the world to destroy countries. But to keep itself in check it has a democratic process. For example, if a president wages a war, pretty soon the people will get tired and hold protests, vote someone else, start scandals, pull wikileaks, etc. Then the politicians have no choice but to give in. The outgoing president will end his term, and the new one will wind down the war. Or it may not even go to war, because the democrats and republicans can't reach any agreement. In short, the US political system sucks in many ways, but it has a mechanism to limit abuse of its own power, however ineffective or crappy that mechanism is. But if China overtakes the US and becomes Number One, there is simply no such mechanism in place. And such a world is no good for anybody, including China and its own citizens. Yet it is almost certain one day China will overtake US to become Number One. We can only hope when that happens China has changed enough to become more like the US.
    That is because you believe what the US media and popular culture tells you about China's ambitions. They always make it sound like the US is going everywhere to be big brother and make lives better and restore peace and stability or to bring their brand of democracy and governance to aid governments in ruling their land better. Think about it, really? I'm not saying China has good ambitions, who are we to judge? Ambitions are just ambitions, there is no China ambitions and US ambitions and which is better. Just because China starts making some warships or planes that the US makes, people start getting paranoid about it. That makes the US and their allies the only ones who are permitted to make such weapon because their ambitions are fine?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    ....is it just for Science? ?? Or more ambitious objectives
    Too many citizens, they exploring possibility of placing them on the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by nitewalk View Post
    That is because you believe what the US media and popular culture tells you about China's ambitions. They always make it sound like the US is going everywhere to be big brother and make lives better and restore peace and stability or to bring their brand of democracy and governance to aid governments in ruling their land better. Think about it, really? I'm not saying China has good ambitions, who are we to judge? Ambitions are just ambitions, there is no China ambitions and US ambitions and which is better. Just because China starts making some warships or planes that the US makes, people start getting paranoid about it. That makes the US and their allies the only ones who are permitted to make such weapon because their ambitions are fine?
    Dude, that's not what i'm saying.
    I'm not saying US is the good guy and China is the villain.

What i'm saying is there is an inherent mechanism, however ineffective, in the US to limit abuse of its own power. And the US did abuse it's power, on many occasions. US is definitely not a good guy.

But if overnight China was to come to power and replace US as the top dog, the lack of a similar mechanism in China is not good for anybody. And China has definitely displayed its ambitions to become top dog.
    Last edited by ArchRival; 25th December 2013 at 10:21 AM.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by nitewalk View Post
    Too many citizens, they exploring possibility of placing them on the moon.
    That's the ultimate objective. The more immediate one would be for Helium3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12