Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bo Liao Qns: Why no left handed camera?

i think the reason might be....proper way of holding ur cam is with both hands... just a thought....

Another more Bo Lian Qn, why make the lens round shape and make the film/CCD sensor rectangle shape?

The deflector u mean?

No, sorry. The ejector hole is fixed, bored on the area around the butt plate. Apparently I was hoping for some kind of 'revolutionary design' that a firer can select either the left or the right in which the ejector hole can be located through a flick of a switch. Apparently not.

Check this website to find out the design as well as specs on it:
    http://world.guns.ru/assault/as31-e.htm

Right-side extraction only... sux huh? Never in my NS life have I expended my rounds in double quick time. Thanks to auto-firing. Still, da catridge pouch sux. Causes lotsa IAs.

Quote Originally Posted by auron
    talking about sar21. do they have an attachment to fixed at the bullet case ejector hole so that the empty cartridges will not hit the face when firing at the left side. i know the m16 have such attachment.
    Not yet.. The exit for cartridge will be block by the face if use it like M-16 with an attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Another more Bo Lian Qn, why make the lens round shape and make the film/CCD sensor rectangle shape?
    Bo Liao Answer.. else instead of forming circle, the aperture blades have to form a rectangle shape? And zoom can only be done by push/pull. canot rotate zoom ring.

Quote Originally Posted by auron
    talking about sar21. do they have an attachment to fixed at the bullet case ejector hole so that the empty cartridges will not hit the face when firing at the left side. i know the m16 have such attachment.
    Yes, there is a deflector IIRC, same as M16
    eat. drink. shoot

The trainer at ITD on our last SAR21 conversion course told all left-handed shooters to suck our thumbs though.

IIRC, some 30-40+ year old German Exactas (spelling?) were designed for left handers.

A few years ago, Fuji had a 35mm P&S camera called Zoomdate f2.8 or something that had a 24-50mm f2.8-5.6 lens and two shutter releases on top, which were supposed to be shooting yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by deslim27
    Bo Liao Answer.. else instead of forming circle, the aperture blades have to form a rectangle shape? And zoom can only be done by push/pull. canot rotate zoom ring.
    Hmmmm question should be now we are using CCD why not make it square... like hasslebland?

[QUOTE=jsbn]Ultimately, I solved the problem entirely... By switching to full-auto mode and not aiming.
    QUOTE]

that was hilarious

[QUOTE=haagen_dazs]
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Ultimately, I solved the problem entirely... By switching to full-auto mode and not aiming.
    /QUOTE]

that was hilarious
    I'd always believed in making full use of things. Guns, camera, what-you-have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12