Thread: foot wear with tracker?

Even my $20+ bata sandal got stolen before, my $90 one is the second time. I heard cases of shoes been stolen even you at some one house.

Will gps or other tracking device stop those "smelly" thieves? Even you made a police report, which I did, they can't do much even lift got cctv.

For our convenient, we place shoes outside to dry and not to dirty the house. Hopes some shoes maker saw this thread and come out with such devices soon.
    Last edited by BBTM; 15th December 2013 at 03:37 PM.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Missing shoes are an excuse to buy more shoes

Deregistered

Default Re: foot wear with tracker?

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Missing shoes are an excuse to buy more shoes
    I definitely agree with that. LOL.
    Why waste the resources tracking? Must as well use that to buy a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    For our convenient, we place shoes outside to dry and not to dirty the house. Hopes some shoes maker saw this thread and come out with such devices soon.
    http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapo...-refuse-donate

There was a recent report of youngsters who went from door to door asking residents for donations to dubious entities/so-called charities. They threw away the shoes on the shoe racks outside the flats of residents who did not "donate" to their dubious charity. It was a vengeful act to threaten residents that next time they better "donate".

Perhaps similarly if residents did not buy from some vendors selling all sorts of stuff going door to door within a housing estate. If you bought from them then your shoes in the shoe rack outside are safe.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 15th December 2013 at 05:41 PM.

I prefer footwear with remote detonated explosives

We go steal someone else A7R and let them buy new one.

Btw, my shoes still new. I not that rich to buy and buy. If you think you are so rich, please leave your camera outside and someone will help u to get new one.
    Last edited by BBTM; 15th December 2013 at 06:35 PM.

Deregistered

We go steal someone else A7R and let them buy new one.

Btw, my shoes still new. I not that rich to buy and buy. If you think you are so rich, please leave your camera outside and someone will help u to get new one.
    Pls steal from me, pls. LOL.
    So that I tell my wify I lost my camera. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    Pls steal from me, pls. LOL.
    So that I tell my wify I lost my camera. LOL
    I go steal your wife, then you can get new wife and new camera OTOT, isn't that better? I sold her to Thailand, then I also got $ from her "selling", haha!

If the manufacturer can made them viable, why not? Just built the costs into the retail price of the shoes. In fact any products can be applicable, not just shoes. Things we put outside our house and things that are left alone unattended can all be stolen. Unless you don't mind paying for the device to track all your things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Chan View Post
    If the manufacturer can made them viable, why not? Just built the costs into the retail price of the shoes. In fact any products can be applicable, not just shoes. Things we put outside our house and things that are left alone unattended can all be stolen. Unless you don't mind paying for the device to track all your things.
    New and expensive stuffs, they will steal. Else my flippers down there for so long, also no one touch. Nowadays got smart phone, items can be track easily else those application for iphone, shouldn't be there in the first place, right? As kei and peter says, stolen liao, buy new one. (as they are rich)

For our convenient, we place shoes outside to dry and not to dirty the house.
    You're making the choice to trade security for convenience, so you gotta decide if that's worth it.
    If even locked items like bicycles can get stolen, much less unsecured items like shoes.

It's sad that we can't trust people, but HDB common areas are practically public areas as anyone can access them. Anything that I don't want to lose, I keep behind locked doors. Anything unsecured outside, I don't really care if they get taken A $2 mat from Daiso, and an old broom.

Hopes some shoes maker saw this thread and come out with such devices soon.
    See this: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/re...ing-retrieving

Lol, for luxury shoes that cost $$$-$$$$ maybe (then again would you leave them outside??)... Would you bother to put a $200+ GPS tracker in a pair of $90 shoes? Skali lose the tracker for whatever reason (no reception maybe) and you're out $290 It would just be easier to keep them indoors.

Those device which allows you to track your belonging, sync with phone and once it's out of range, you will know. Once gone, can track down easily. As small as possible, so that thief don't know it's there. Nano technology! heh heh!

Btw, Idk why, before I reach home that night, I feels that my sandal already stolen. Strong 6th sense but police don't bother to look into CCTV, LL lor. I left it outside to dry and also, don't want to dirty my house. I also know that leaving it outside is dangerous but what to do?

there was a teen came to our floor to stead our shoes which left it outside our door, my neighbour's shoes also being stolen before.
    so I bought a visitor chime, like the one use by 7-11 convenient store, place it at our door, this scare the thief away and he never return.

the visitor chime cost only 10 over bucks and solve the problem.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    there was a teen came to our floor to stead our shoes which left it outside our door, my neighbour's shoes also being stolen before.
    so I bought a visitor chime, like the one use by 7-11 convenient store, place it at our door, this scare the thief away and he never return.

the visitor chime cost only 10 over bucks and solve the problem.
    But my area very quiet, even that also hardly can works. My area even got robbery at ground floor, no one helps her even in board daylight (she told me)

I left it outside to dry and also, don't want to dirty my house. I also know that leaving it outside is dangerous but what to do?
    I see... Well, I have one floor mat outside, and another right inside. Clean twice, knock off dirt/sand, then take off and put on shoe rack.
    If it's extra wet just lay to dry on old newspaper. No matter what, it's still preferable (for me) to clean the floor than lose my slippers/shoes/bicycle entirely. I also would prefer to leave these things outside, but (like you say) what to do? Might as well be giving them away.

One possible solution might be to prepare a shoe basket/tray in your house near the door, so that for wet days you can just take them off straight away, maybe before you step in, and dump in the basket.

My family lost 3 pairs of running shoes to such thieves.

While my family members searched outside each unit in 3 different blocks wasting one whole day, i simply went to buy a new pair.

Well, mine were cheap, but those belonging to the rest were expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    My family lost 3 pairs of running shoes to such thieves.

While my family members searched outside each unit in 3 different blocks wasting one whole day, i simply went to buy a new pair.

Well, mine were cheap, but those belonging to the rest were expensive.
    It's not on $. Got thief, need to catch and put in jail. Sooner or later, more daring, can rob or house break in.
    I need good shoes/sandal as I walk fast and am heavy. Need a good support. Those bata ones, can't support for long.
    Those thieves hardly from own estate. Mostly passby or on a mission. Even you go other house, also need to watch out.

Times are still bad? I tot Sg employment rate at all time high?...the thief must be attracted by ur smelly shoe...just like those undergarment fetish :lol:

It's not on $. Got thief, need to catch and put in jail. Sooner or later, more daring, can rob or house break in.
    I need good shoes/sandal as I walk fast and am heavy. Need a good support. Those bata ones, can't support for long.
    Those thieves hardly from own estate. Mostly passby or on a mission. Even you go other house, also need to watch out.
    that's why i didn't search. plus, we don't have a CCTV outside the house. so it makes no sense to go through that hassle.