Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pentax DSLR just anounced!

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei
    Yeah, I got my Ds body alone for S$1260 nett over three months ago. You should be able to buy it at a lower price now I guess.
    Cheers
    Where did you buy it?
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

Default cathay photo

you can try your luck at cathay photo at pennisula plaza. they quoted me S$1195 w/o gst for body alone 1 month ago.

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b
    Where did you buy it?
    TK Photo at Shaw Towers (10min walk from CityHall mrt stn). You just let them know other shops price and ask them to have a better one Don't forget to buy some batteries/SD cards when you get the body, can get much better prices if purchase together.

Good luck!

Yeah, I got my Ds body alone for S$1260 nett over three months ago. You should be able to buy it at a lower price now I guess.

Looks tiong is very interested in the 40mm lens. I don't know what's so special of the lens except its size. Anyway, good luck finding one

Cheers

precisely its size.

im already loaded with stuff when i go out to paint.
    so a smaller cam would be nice for recording info.
    instead of gettng a new cam, think a 40 would probably do the job.

also would be nice to have a compact cam w iso 3200 and full manual capability.

Quote Originally Posted by danst
    you can try your luck at cathay photo at pennisula plaza. they quoted me S$1195 w/o gst for body alone 1 month ago.

cheers!
    I got quoted $1250 today. Kit price is $1560.

Will any of you recommend it over a d70?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorite
    Hm, very strange question to ask in this forum. But anyway, I don't really like the D70 mainly because of its size. For me, its just way too bulky to bring around comfortably all the time.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Heretix
    Hm, very strange question to ask in this forum. But anyway, I don't really like the D70 mainly because of its size. For me, its just way too bulky to bring around comfortably all the time.
    Actually Dslrs are not recommended for family travel. If D70 is bulky... THen what is the canon d1s mk2 or the nikon d2x... Haha...

Actually Dslrs are not recommended for family travel. If D70 is bulky... THen what is the canon d1s mk2 or the nikon d2x... Haha...
    Actually, i've successfully used the *istDS as a travelling companion. Its quite easy to fit the *istDS and a lens into a small pouch to carry around all day. Depends on your requirements of portability of course. Nothing beats a modern digicam of course for the ultimate in portability (my goodness, look at the sizes of the new credit-card-sized-cameras!). But DSLRs need not be entirely discounted for general travel usage, IMHO.

If you're really extreme, you can try mounting the 40mm pancake as your walkaround lens...

Most magazine recommends the D70 or it's the 'choice' over the Pentax *ist DS.

Most magazine recommends the D70 or it's the 'choice' over the Pentax *ist DS.
    That's okay lah. Then just buy a D70, you won't regret with the purchase It's a decent camera too, good enough for most of us. It's sure better than D/Ds in some way, but we here still prefer D/Ds just for our own reasons, not for the sack of REVIEWS

Cheers!

That's okay lah. Then just buy a D70, you won't regret with the purchase It's a decent camera too, good enough for most of us. It's sure better than D/Ds in some way, but we here still prefer D/Ds just for our own reasons, not for the sack of REVIEWS

Cheers!
    Hahaha.. I agreed with Fengwei.. we have our own preference.. and both D/DS and D70 are good enough for us.. go test the cameras and makes decision based on your own criteria and perferences..

Cheers...

Cheers!
    I am also deciding but i think i'll stick to the idea of buying the *ist DS becoz of it's usage of SD card (i already have a 1gz Transcend 80x high speed SD card), small form factor & using of AA & CR-V3 batteries (i plan to use rechargeable 1400mAh CR-V3).

I checked the price at TK Photo at Shaw Towers beach Rd as recommended by someone here. The sales man is very kind. I went on Saturday, he quote me the price of $1260 (body alone) & $1530 (wif starter lense). But said why dun i call him on Monday to check the price again coz he heard something like there is gonna be a reduction in price.

So i called him up on Monday, he got me back & said agent told him they are planning a 'promotion' either end of this week or early nxt week, but no further details released. So the kind salesman suggest tat i wait if i can, then get back to him nxt week, he'll tell me wat's up, either price reduction or package with some lense deal.

So i'll wait loh.

I am also deciding but i think i'll stick to the idea of buying the *ist DS becoz of it's usage of SD card (i already have a 1gz Transcend 80x high speed SD card), small form factor & using of AA & CR-V3 batteries (i plan to use rechargeable 1400mAh CR-V3).

I checked the price at TK Photo at Shaw Towers beach Rd as recommended by someone here. The sales man is very kind. I went on Saturday, he quote me the price of $1260 (body alone) & $1530 (wif starter lense). But said why dun i call him on Monday to check the price again coz he heard something like there is gonna be a reduction in price.

So i called him up on Monday, he got me back & said agent told him they are planning a 'promotion' either end of this week or early nxt week, but no further details released. So the kind salesman suggest tat i wait if i can, then get back to him nxt week, he'll tell me wat's up, either price reduction or package with some lense deal.

So i'll wait loh.

Good for you Hope you'd get a better deal soon. You'll love the Ds, as much as you will if buying the D70

Cheers!

using of AA & CR-V3 batteries (i plan to use rechargeable 1400mAh CR-V3).
    try not to buy those from ebay, get it locally.. 1400mAh outputs can be more than 3V.. the one we got output at 3.4 - 3.45V... So far so good....

The 1400mAh states 3V. Should be safe? There are 1300mAh 3V & also 1200mAh 3V.

The only one tat is unsafe i saw is 1580mAh but states 3.7V.

Are the voltage true to wat it states? Should be right?

Well, the one we get stated 3V too, but when i use a multimeter, it read 3.45V.. but i gues, there will be some voltage drop when the camera is power up.

Quote Originally Posted by k_istDS
    Well, the one we get stated 3V too, but when i use a multimeter, it read 3.45V.. but i gues, there will be some voltage drop when the camera is power up.
    You might be correct on this. I used to use a pair of RCRV3 batteries on the D (sold off a while ago, changed to a Ds ) for about 4 months, and the pre-owner of the D used the same batteries for about a year on the D. The battery says 3.85v after freshly charged. So the total is 7.7v, which is way over the limit. But after almost 1.5 year, the camera still worked fine. Never saw any problem at all. I guess the voltage drops a bit when camera is powered on.

But now I only use AA batteries (can be shared with the flash too).

Cheers!

So i'll wait loh.
    Called him today. Still no news / updates.

He called me today & said agent decided not to have any promotion....

If i bought the starter kit with the Pentax 18mm-55mm lense. Anyone wants to buy the lense from me at $280?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast