Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Geminid Meteor Shower - 13/14/15 Dec 2013

  1. #1

    Default Geminid Meteor Shower - 13/14/15 Dec 2013

    Geminid Meteor Shower peak tonight. Meteor rate is about 1 to 1.5 meteor per minute. Look in general direction of Gemini constellation or Jupiter.

    More info how to spot them these few nights: http://www.astro.sg/2013/12/geminid-...mber-2013.html

    Good luck photographing meteors streaking across the sky!
    Last edited by astrosg; 13th December 2013 at 08:07 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Geminid Meteor Shower - 13/14/15 Dec 2013

    was surfing the net when i saw a streak of Bright Green light streak across the sky facing south about 40 degrees up

    looked like a fireball to me

    i suppose its part of Geminid (:

  3. #3

    Default Re: Geminid Meteor Shower - 13/14/15 Dec 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by rx7ong View Post
    was surfing the net when i saw a streak of Bright Green light streak across the sky facing south about 40 degrees up

    looked like a fireball to me

    i suppose its part of Geminid (:
    Congrats!! Did you make a wish?

    Check out this - Geminid meteors and fireball captured this morning in Singapore by Mr YK Chia!

    More info with photos: http://nightevents.blogspot.sg/2013/...-dec-2013.html

  4. #4
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Geminid Meteor Shower - 13/14/15 Dec 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by astrosg View Post
    Check out this - Geminid meteors and fireball captured this morning in Singapore by Mr YK Chia!

    More info with photos: http://nightevents.blogspot.sg/2013/...-dec-2013.html
    Thanks for sharing, rather compelling the say the least.

    Do you have any idea what Mr. YK Chia's camera setup with SonotaCo.com UFOCapture in NightEvents by Video Patrol - Singapore is?
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  5. #5

    Default Re: Geminid Meteor Shower - 13/14/15 Dec 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Thanks for sharing, rather compelling the say the least.

    Do you have any idea what Mr. YK Chia's camera setup with SonotaCo.com UFOCapture in NightEvents by Video Patrol - Singapore is?
    I am not sure. Perhaps you can post this question as a comment on his blog?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Geminid Meteor Shower - 13/14/15 Dec 2013

    Live streaming of Singapore sky now by my friend Alfred:

    http://www.nightskiesnetwork.com/liv...%20Observatory

    Select "View as Guest".
    Last edited by astrosg; 15th December 2013 at 01:13 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •