I communicated with suntax (http://www.suntax.com.sg) and they requested a custom flash for digital cameras. This is the result.
- GN 32 meters
- Manual Override for setting flash, etc full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16... flash power -- (Can do, but need space in the body to accomodate the switch.)
- Circuit to allow first flash to trigger timer, then second flash to trigger flash within the timing period of 120 ms.
- Auto power sensor has only one F stop. we are looking at multiple F stop. Multiple F stop will make Item 1 redundant. It would eight this multiple F stop or multiple power level. the item 3 is more user friendly.
- Turn/Swivel Right Left Up Down - YES
- Mountable on cold shoe? YES
- Does not react to red eye flash as it is very trigger together with preflash. for those with preflash, there is no need for the red eye setting in the camera.
- Metered value compensation -- (not possible except for direct mount. currently, only Nikon model works with Coolpix, fuji, but not Nikon D1)(all other models are not there. this we call TTL?)
- PC Sync Capable / Cord? -- not available, you need to buy from the original maker. we are seeking for this too.)
- Zoom - YES
- thyrister - (more advance than thyristor, thyristor is slow)
- GN -40 is tough as it requires special reflector which currently only available on the hand mount models.
- Uses 4 AA
- Completed units as above will be about 120 sing. or more on open market. if the shop don't charge this as a one of a kind in the market.
It should look something like this:
Anyone interested? Thinking that more orders will help drive the price down. At the same time can help fellow clubsnappers get a nice affordable slave flash.
More details/Ordering details: