Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: Riot at Little India now !!

Deregistered

Default Re: Riot at Little Indian now !!

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    What if the stray bullets from warning shots hit the residents nearby ?
    Exactly!

Time to upgrade the patrol car to suv. Harder to over turn. Heh heh!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Time to upgrade the patrol car to suv. Harder to over turn. Heh heh!
    Might as well upgrade to this... even harder to overturn...

Objection !!!

Riot Police would be using rubber bullets which leaves you with painful bruises. The distant and force is not as powerful or lethal like actual live rounds and stray rounds will not ricochet with as much force unless you are in the range of the rioters which if you are not involve, you should be staying away from them and not kapo too close. And usually the police shooters will not be taking out rioters who go outside the group and take shelter behind general non involving people but well accidents do happens in the heat of operation but at least non live rounds are used. For live rounds to be used I would guess is when the situation has escalate so high that it calls for this.

Firing warning shot can be done with a gun loaded with rubber bullets. Police are not allow to any how just take out their revolver and fire warning shot into the air for no reason unless he want to be charged for illegal live round discharge. Special permission has to be given. This is not Hollywood. This is at least what I am taught during my Police NS and doing my time with the Riot Police Unit.
    Last edited by sammy888; 10th December 2013 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post

http://yawningbread.wordpress.com/20...park-and-fuel/
    Just sharing an article. Like always, Take it as pinch of salt for everything you read. Think yourself.
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    I am not asking the police to shoot all of them.

They said not even a warning shot.

The comment is on the effect of the Commssioner's words on the constables, when they face all other crime situations where life and death risk requires split second reaction without hesitation.
    And when the news spreads that SG police were using guns, the 400 will quickly turn into 40,000 and it's an all-out race war. Your "idea" is based on your own fear. You are only brave at your keyboard and just enjoy your speculations.

It's clear you should stop being a keyboard warrior and actually get some experience / common sense.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    This falls into the top tier of WTF comments I have seen in here.
    Oh, he's just warming up. We've seen worse from him.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    When you hv reached that stage, I bet you would rather die, my dear friend

And till it reach 'that stage'.... I won't make Mountains out of Pimples everytime something happens, my dear friend...
    Last edited by diver-hloc; 10th December 2013 at 07:12 AM.

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post

Not sure why... I just love those P90s...

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Not sure why... I just love those P90s...
    Yeah, they look lethal.

Sad incident ... Hmmm ... part of the "social cost" for the current population policy?

Quote Originally Posted by keiser View Post
    Sad incident ... Hmmm ... part of the "social cost" for the current population policy?
    Nope. We had riots here even before the current gov't, the current policies, etc. Stop trying to turn it into some political agenda.
    Alpha

During the press conference, the police Commissioner proudly emphasised that no shots were fired by police throughout the riot. He said not even a warning shot.
    So far the facts. Based on similar events around the world and their outcome (you have it all at your fingertips) I think this was the best thing that they have done. Bruises and cuts will heal, cars can be replaced. But once a riot gets out of control there is more to lose. A single bullet is enough.
    May I remind you on an incident that happened some years ago: a guy with a knife was running wild in one of the downtown MRT stations (City Hall?). The police was called and the officer approaching the guy on the platform level (underground!) did not use the same approach as in Little India. He just pulled the trigger and shot him down. Do you recall the outcry, the demanding questions where weaponless fight skills and common sense have been when firing in an underground facility? A baton is longer than a knife. Now, think again about your senseless call for weapons use.
    He seemed almost self-congratulatory as though a major milestone has been achieved. As though it was a badge of honour.
    These are just your own interpretations, go easy on that part. We all know that the government and its servant love to praise themselves, sometimes a bit over the top. Let it be, it's just words.
    Fact is, the riot got dissolved and the damages are limited. Now it's clean up time to see what actually went wrong.
    EOS

Please have a closer look at the population groups affected by those policies and the groups involved in the events in LI. Completely different.
    EOS

I think you put it very mildly. We all enjoy the fruits of cheap labour.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Might as well upgrade to this... even harder to overturn...

This one better. Can't even lift, how to overturn?
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Riot Police would be using rubber bullets which leaves you with painful bruises. The distant and force is not as powerful or lethal like actual live rounds and stray rounds will not ricochet with as much force unless you are in the range of the rioters which if you are not involve, you should be staying away from them and not kapo too close. And usually the police shooters will not be taking out rioters who go outside the group and take shelter behind general non involving people but well accidents do happens in the heat of operation but at least non live rounds are used. For live rounds to be used I would guess is when the situation has escalate so high that it calls for this.

Firing warning shot can be done with a gun loaded with rubber bullets. Police are not allow to any how just take out their revolver and fire warning shot into the air for no reason unless he want to be charged for illegal live round discharge. Special permission has to be given. This is not Hollywood. This is at least what I am taught during my Police NS and doing my time with the Riot Police Unit.
    Hose 'em down with water cannon from firetrucks is painful enough. Not to mention cold water has that sobering effect.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

I got no Pacific Rim Robot or transformer photos. Those confirm win at all Riots, haha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast