Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Riot at Little India now !!

Default Re: Riot at Little India now !!

Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    We need to activate 350 riot police to take on 400+ rioters and you said our police had done well? This is so laughable. There are 600 thousands FWs in Singapore and if only 1% of them run amok, are we going to activate 5000 riot police? Do we even have so many riot police in the first place?
    We have 5000 NSF from Armor Regiment.

When I was serving NS, my unit of 5000 men, have to stand by for 4 type of worst case scenarios

1) War
    2) Terrorist attack ( Protect important places )
    3) Rescue operation ( Hotel New World / Sentosa cable car )
    4) Riots

If my unit are activated for riots, you will see lots of dead bodies on the street.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post

When I was serving NS, my unit of 5000 men, have to stand by for 4 type of worst case scenarios

1) War
    4) Riots

If my unit are activated for riots, you will see lots of dead bodies on the street.
    Are you guys Properly trained when you said stand by? Are you prepared? If not, wonder whose dead bodies are those. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    Are you guys Properly trained when you said stand by? Are you prepared? If not, wonder whose dead bodies are those. LOL
    Poor birds flyig in the air when they fire into the sky.

1) War
    4) Riots

If feel like saving the nation can self-activate to control the riot or not?

(edit)
    Wrong guy. CNA and Today newspapers made an error. Sloppy journalists. He has clarified he was not the one.
    Not too difficult to find, though - since he frequents a particular coffee shop.
    (edit)

This is the guy who pulled Mdm Grace Wong to safety and tried to stop others from attacking the bus. I can buy this fellow a beer.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 14th December 2013 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

This is the guy who pulled Mdm Grace Wong to safety and tried to stop others from attacking the bus. I can buy this fellow a beer.
    So whats stopping you ? Please bring Sion along

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    So whats stopping you ? Please bring Sion along
    He buys beer in alcohol free days?

Sorry, if you have no confidence even in your own military, then I would suggest that you migrate to other better prepared countries. I chose to trust our military and police are equipped and trained enough to deal with this type of problems.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    He buys beer in alcohol free days?
    Please don't start a riot

Apparently, the Youtube video was only part of a more complete video which can be viewed at this URL:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
    Observations

The group of police constables in this video are badly trained........
    Excellent post mortem. The Ministry of Home Affairs will probably draw the same conclusions but it will not be public.

We have a truck full of ammo.

When machine guns start to spray bullets around, anyone stupid enough to stand in the line of fire will die.

That include bystanders taking photos of the riots and may be some residents if they stand too close to the windows.

That is only for worst case scenarios when the police cannot handle the situation and it is getting out of control.

I eats, shoots & leaves

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Sorry, if you have no confidence even in your own military, then I would suggest that you migrate to other better prepared countries. I chose to trust our military and police are equipped and trained enough to deal with this type of problems.
    I don't know. Some say they saw policeman running for their lives and they are not prepared for this type of situation. What do you think? LOL

I don't know. Some say they saw policeman running for their lives and they are not prepared for this type of situation. What do you think? LOL
    Proof?

If you are outnumbered, would you stay around and get killed ?

You think every police man in SG is Jackie Chan ?

I eats, shoots & leaves

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

MHA should give those heroic Indians some medals for saving the lives of Mdm Wong and those officers hiding in the ambulance. Give the man a Tiger! Or Heineken also can!

You think every police man in SG is Jackie Chan ?

http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/ne...035200038.html

Japanese actress admits past affair with Jackie Chan

12 Dec Japanese model-actress Aki Mizusawa recently made a confession, saying that she had an affair with action superstar Jackie Chan in the past.

According to 21CN, Mizusawa, who was on a variety show on 1 December, revealed that she met Jackie in Barcelona during her youth when she was assigned to interview the actor at his movie set.

The model revealed that the two of them fell in love and had an affair for a year despite the fact that Jackie was already married with children.

Mizusawa, who later married an American businessman and had two children together, disclosed that though they finally broke up, she always thinks fondly of Jackie and even praised him for being a gentleman.

When asked to address Mizusawa's claim, Jackie, who attended a promotional event for his upcoming film, "Police Story 2013" on 8 December, only smiled and said, "We'll discuss this privately. It's hard to just address it with a few sentences."

Mizusawa is not the first woman to have been linked with the actor. Jackie was rumoured to be dating several other women, including the late singer Teresa Teng and actress Brigitte Lin. He also admitted to have had an affair with actress Elaine Ng, who then gave birth to their daughter Etta Ng.
    I am sure SG brith rate will increase too!!! We will have "GOOD GENES" from a Super Cop... and very "Reproductive"!!!
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Singapore’s rioting serves as wake up call to Malaysia, says MTUC - Bernama
    http://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore-r...090254480.html

The Malaysian Trades Union Congress (MTUC) has called on the Human Resource Ministry to hold a tripartite meeting between the government, employers and employees to work out a strategy to prevent rioting by foreign workers.

Its president, Khalid Atan, said a recent foreign workers riot in Singapore should serve as a wake-up call to Malaysia in preparing a strategy to anticipate and contain such an occurrence.

Growing discontent among foreign workers in Malaysia due to poor working conditions, discrimination and low wages are like a "time bomb", he said, adding so far dissatisfactions among foreign workers in the country were confined to factories and work places.

Khalid felt that if a widespread discontent among foreign workers was not addressed, it could spell trouble for the country in years to come.

He said the MTUC felt that the government should take steps to reduce and even curtail recruitment of foreign workers until it could come out with a plan to cater to their basic needs and rights.

The government should also stop outsourcing companies from importing workers who then fail to find jobs here, he added.

Last Sunday, about 400 South Asian migrant workers angered by an accident, battled the police and set vehicles ablaze in Singapore's worst rioting in decades, leaving 39 policemen and emergency workers injured.

The rampage erupted in the crowded Little India after an Indian national was killed by a private bus driven by a Singaporean. - Bernama, December 12, 2013.
    Just hope there's no more "TIME BOMB" in SG... Mas Selamat.... Strike.... Riots..... No more please......

During my NS, our missions were always to infiltrate into enemy territory and kill or get killed. I should have joined the police instead.

Just remembered why I lost more faith in Policemen...

On top of my personal experience of witnessing on a lazy weekday afternoon.... a police car at HDB car park with 2 officer inside sleeping/ napping...

Ex-cop charged for shocking Kovan double murder

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/father-and-...093816810.html
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 14th December 2013 at 01:11 AM.

Some comments from our Singaporean in the comments section from this report that are related to this.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/fire--rioti...152651999.html

Joo Matt • 4 days ago

My brother who is staying in Block 681 has been complaining to the town council and the authorities several times about the "congregations" and the potential possibilities of a riot should things go out of hand these past years but no steps were taken to discourage these workers from gathering in large groups. He said there is a clinic downnstairs who are providing medical checkups to new foreign workers below his block and the queue gets worst especially in the evenings. He was right about the impending "time bomb".

23 Replies
    Leng • 4 days ago

Road congestion along Little India is not the 1st time encounter for drivers and most often jaywalkers not one but many are crossing at the same time expecting drivers to hail the car for them, while they take their own sweet time to cross at any part of the road, if so what is the point of having traffic lights.
    Next, jaywalkers are often being caught especially along Orchard area, aren't Little India a place congested with jaywalkers that need action too?
    michael • 2 days 12 hours ago

I am not at all impressed by the the police report on this incidence which are very very sketchy & have a lot of inconsistencies. Are the police trying to be like the Philipino police over the HK hijacked incidence trying to cover up as much as possible. A simple drunkard death incidence can never cause such a massive riot. Until the whole truth comes out eg. any exchange of abusive language used between the driver & the dead man or comments from other boarded passengers, I personally believe that the riots may be only the beginning of the unhappiness between migrant workers & the government policies forcing them to take suck drastic action. It may also be the tip of the iceberg of the massive subdued unhappiness over the working conditions in Singapore in general. One thing is for sure. You cannot use paper to cover up a internal inferno.
    VVS1 • 4 days ago Report Abuse

This is an incident waiting to happen. Along the of little india,the road are too crowded with workers straying into the road making it difficult for other road users.The police should have known that with such a big crowd and heavy drinking any mishaps will be blown out of proportion,yet no precaution is being taken by the authority.
    With this unfortunate incident it is time for the police to pay more attention to other areas especially along the Esplanade where various groups were seen drinking,dirtying and even urinating.Under Singapore's law having 5 or more people at one location is considered illegally assembly.Is this law applied only to the opposition.
    Julie Wenders • 4 days ago Report Abuse

There are immediate triggers for riots (eg. bus driver running over Indian National, mob mentality, attitudes towards police) and there are these other more important issues that are brewing among not only foreign workers and Singaporeans (eg. population policy, foreign talent, strong arm of government control, marginalization of workers, focusing only on economic growth without considering negative impacts on social integration and national morale) that makes this incident fodder for discussion.

Did the government bring this on themselves? Will there be more riots in the future? How will the government use this as an excuse to clamp down more ethnic enclaves? These are broader issues that i hope will be raised from this discussion.

I am sensing much xenophobic comments here about the real cause of the violence being blamed on Indian nationals who "import their violence" from India or illegal immigrants. This really doesn't help address the deeper issues that are really at the core of the riots here.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819 ... LastLast