Thread: Does a branded remote shutter matter for bulb photography/Time Lapse huh?

Default Does a branded remote shutter matter for bulb photography/Time Lapse huh?

as per title? Should choose a premium one or just a cheap one? Thanks! Or to specify, time lapse photography to be exact.
    Last edited by Ev0lutionz; 4th December 2013 at 09:56 PM.

Default Re: Does a branded remote shutter matter for bulb photography/Time Lapse huh?

if you are using Canon, you can install Magic Lantern add-on software.
    It is free. You can set arbitrary time interval for between frames and also set a timer for bulb (for precise bulbing)

No need buy accessories.

Sorry if you are not Canon user. tough luck!
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Default Re: Does a branded remote shutter matter for bulb photography/Time Lapse huh?

I am using cheap phottix wired release costing around $10 for my cameras all these years and served me well without issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Limiter View Post
    I am using cheap phottix wired release costing around $10 for my cameras all these years and served me well without issues.
    Got lobang on where to get? Can't find it in the classifieds section here too.

For time lapse shooting what you need is a intervalometer,
    you don't want to use normal remote release to shoot time lapse, not saying you can't do that, just that you need to press the release a few hundreds time and keep track of the interval time is no fun at all.
    go ahead and check out the mass sellers and Vshops, any third party intervalometers will work just fine if you don't use the original camera brand intervalometer. you just need to buy the correct connector that fits your camera model.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    For time lapse shooting what you need is a intervalometer,
    you don't want to use normal remote release to shoot time lapse, not saying you can't do that, just that you need to press the release a few hundreds time and keep track of the interval time is no fun at all.
    go ahead and check out the mass sellers and Vshops, any third party intervalometers will work just fine if you don't use the original camera brand intervalometer. you just need to buy the correct connector that fits your camera model.
    I got my intervalometer at Red Dot: 1x control and 3x cables for my 3 systems

I got the wired release from TK Foto.

To add on, i don't do timelapse, i only use it for bulb mode.

Deregistered

used to use cheapo version for timelapse ... worked okay for about a year then spoilt (seems like cable connection got problem)

now using this - http://www.phottix.com/en/phottix-aion.html

"still" working =D