Thread: Slow Broadband

Default Slow Broadband

Anyone else got slow broadband?

Upgraded to Pacnet 1500 ADSL a few months ago. Bad in the afternoon and evening. Late night like molasses. Have to work at home often... more like 150 ADSL . Make you wait long time to talk to anyone, then no help.

Anyone got reliable, fast service?

Simply Crawling

pacnet cs, not so bad lah...

anyway nowadays seem that every consumer broadband acc in sg seem to be slower than usual except for the business broadband, nothing affected yet. of course you paid a premium...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I also upgraded to Pacnet 1500 soon after the introduction. No major issue apart from the the maintenance slowness once every month on Pacnet's side and once every month on SingTel's side. To rate Pacnet 1500 as Pacnet 150 is an overstatement as you do not have the actual numbers. I do download stuff at 100KB/s everyday while also sharing the connection with my sister's computer and surfing the net.

Default Asia Internet Traffic

Perhaps I am blaming too much on PacNet..... check out how bad the internet is today in Asia. Why don't we get speeds like the USA?

Internet Traffic Report

Quote Originally Posted by theITguy
    I also upgraded to Pacnet 1500 soon after the introduction. No major issue apart from the the maintenance slowness once every month on Pacnet's side and once every month on SingTel's side. To rate Pacnet 1500 as Pacnet 150 is an overstatement as you do not have the actual numbers. I do download stuff at 100KB/s everyday while also sharing the connection with my sister's computer and surfing the net.

eh.. not onli pacnet affected.. my MOL 2000 is like crawling... but i started to appreciate internet when i got back home after a 19day camp...

haha....

overseas pipe congested at peak hours..whats new?

no wonder last nite surf the net so slow and got cut off several times while downloading files

get 25mpbs... haha... if u can't get even a 2mbps connection, time to screw them...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by r52lanc
    Anyone else got slow broadband?

Upgraded to Pacnet 1500 ADSL a few months ago. Bad in the afternoon and evening. Late night like molasses. Have to work at home often... more like 150 ADSL . Make you wait long time to talk to anyone, then no help.

Bro, check your line. May be line faulty/moist and got interference.

I got SingNet 1500. So far so good. Only at night a bit slow, but since ADSL has got no SLAs, so can't complain.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

we cant really complain, as long local lines is ok, they wun care what else happens overseas..they will say its out of their control...

nothings new..

Quote Originally Posted by r52lanc
    not in singapore

want reliable service? may be u can get biz plan, but they cost few times more
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

too many ppl d/l-ing mp3s and avis :P

i using the singnet one...ok le...