Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yingluck running out of luck?

Default Re: Yingluck running out of luck?

The king was in hospital for some time and all the rotten worms in the Thai power mongers are crawling out of the woodwork.
    Sensing their chance to seize power by non-electoral means.
    There are powerful and rich factions financing the meaningless street protests of past few days.

People who claim to be royalists may not be so. They just want to make use of the king to seize power without winning elections.

Last edited by ricohflex; 7th December 2013 at 06:58 PM.

Well... whatever will and could happen... it will be after today...

Would like to congratulate His Royal Majesty, King Bhumibol Adulyadej, (Rama IX), of Thailand.... on His 86th Birthday. May His Majesty find PEACE & HAPPINESS for all times.

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by keithwee View Post
    Sometimes , actions are done for show if the army took over , it will damage the country with the perceived lack of security and of course stability. The most powerful is always the one who doesn't make a scene and takes actions when it's really needed. U don't see the Thai King saying anything but it doesn't mean he has no power. There r many countries who have done a voting system but the process didn't turn out very clean or democratic either. Just look at the Soviet Union and the many newly minted countries in S.Africa for examples.
    That is why this is unique with Thailand. Coup and riot will be there till they can find a solution. I say this again, it is the people that suffer. Those playing with it have lots to gain.

Happy Birthday to the Best Photographer in Thailand, His Majesty the King of Thailand.
    Long live the King.

He uses Canon, by the way
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    Happy Birthday to the Best Photographer in Thailand, His Majesty the King of Thailand.
    Long live the King.

He uses Canon, by the way
    Not Leica?

Happy Birthday to the Thai King Bhumibol Adulyadej.

Very wise.

He gave a short and sharp veiled warning to Suthep Thaugsuban not to overdo it. Let us see if Suthep disrespects his King and continues to protest.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 7th December 2013 at 06:58 PM.

While this is other people politics, I find them interesting like any other country. The king suppose to be able to influence but prefers to stay out. Then his people are suffering caused by these few idiots that are greedy. Either he do not participate at all or he has to act on the interest of his people. I guess also not so simple lah

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    While this is other people politics, I find them interesting like any other country. The king suppose to be able to influence but prefers to stay out. Then his people are suffering caused by these few idiots that are greedy. Either he do not participate at all or he has to act on the interest of his people. I guess also not so simple lah

Remember NOT to express your views regarding the Royal Family when in Thailand. Or you could end up with a 20yr prison sentence...

Anyway... go library and find this unauthorized biography of the Thai King called "The King Never Smiles" to know the reason why he couldn't or unwilling to get involve...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_Never_Smiles

Scuba & Father... For Life

Don't forget that Thailand has a constitution and the role of the king is defined there. Whatever reputation and sympathy the has, he cannot simply overstep / overthrow the laws and act as if there is no law to him. Yes, people are longing for the strong man uniting people and country in times of crisis. But this has been abused many times and not only a few heroes turned into villains after being in power for too long. And I believe this is the reason why the King wisely stays away from political power.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Don't forget that Thailand has a constitution and the role of the king is defined there.
    Protestors want the constitution to be suspended and Thailand to go into reboot.

Apology to the King of Thailand if I didn't get what I meant properly conveyed. What I am trying to say here is, if he has that power, maybe it would be good to exercise it to save the people. If as what one of the members here said, no power, then maybe good not to involve. To say and then don't say, it is complicated. Bad people will use him to claim a lot of things.

As an outside person, I just feel sad for those people suffering over such repeated events.

Who would dare to invest in a country where the govt changes like flipping a roti prata?

The middle class and the elites understood this and yet they want to change again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Who would dare to invest in a country where the govt changes like flipping a roti prata?

The middle class and the elites understood this and yet they want to change again and again.
    Apparently.. many.. lots of big manufacturing base is in thailand. I'm sure CS folks familiar with this thing called Nikon ?
    As well as auto industry like Toyota, or electronics like Seagate. Hopefully things will change and those companies move elsewhere to give lesson to the elite politicians.

In 2006, the privileged elites got the military to launch a coup.

They have let the genie (Thai military dominance - from 1932 to 1973) out of the lamp and they cannot put the genie back inside.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    About the mob leader.

See Link. Credit: David Eimer/South China Morning Post

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/articl...lite-axe-grind
    Last edited by ricohflex; 7th December 2013 at 06:53 PM.

Now Suthep can take it easy. The rice farmers from north, south, east and west making the second wave assault.

Thailand is undergoing regime change.

We are not talking about Yingluck. This protest against her democratically elected government is just a smoke screen.

We are talking about royal succession.

The expectation of the impending death of the beloved King is pushing powerful elite Thais to do extraordinary things.

Everyone is fighting for their piece of turf before it happens.

The Privy Council has become too powerful.

Ancient China had the same problem. Emperors were controlled by powerful eunuchs who effectively ran the whole empire using the emperor's name.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Now Suthep can take it easy. The rice farmers from north, south, east and west making the second wave assault.
    Wonder the farmers know it is the elite group that is against subsidizing them? Are they supporting that?

Wonder the farmers know it is the elite group that is against subsidizing them? Are they supporting that?
    They don't care. They just want to be paid immediately.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123