Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bus fare up

No wonder today, SMRT share prices rose to $1.10.

Do ya guy awares of this ? Johor Bahru bus fair raised 30 cents ?
    and everthing is going up.....

I used to pay 2 for the fair per trip, but now... 2.30 ....
    some more need to wait for an hour to get the bus come.....

Deregistered

Wait for the election come ?
    No use de ... cos every ticket have unique code ... 'they' will aim you lor if you .... no prey prey
    Btw, ... anyone have the feeling that, why our elink card, always become ZERO so fast ???? have you monitor your elink card? is the deduction always correct ?

Bus fare increase comfirm. Looks like we have to walk more soon.

i think the worst fear is that other entities seeing the approved increase for bus fares also want to do their own increases... dominoes effect.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxger
    Wait for the election come ?
    No use de ... cos every ticket have unique code ... 'they' will aim you lor if you .... no prey prey
    Btw, ... anyone have the feeling that, why our elink card, always become ZERO so fast ???? have you monitor your elink card? is the deduction always correct ?
    You are falling into their trap by giving in to fear generated by such hearsay. I really wish we could give the finger to the government at the coming GE like what the French did by voting overwhelmingly against the EU Charter. Unfortunately those in the non-walkover GRCs will likely vote for the ruling party out of fear(scarded kena marked, esp civil servants) or greed(for whatever carrot is being waved at them this time)

And yes, my card seems to get used up much faster than it should. I will monitor the balance more closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic
    No wonder today, SMRT share prices rose to $1.10.
    So fast ah, alamak, should have invest in their shares, than can use the divident to make up for the fare hike.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by av98m
    You are falling into their trap by giving in to fear generated by such hearsay. I really wish we could give the finger to the government at the coming GE like what the French did by voting overwhelmingly against the EU Charter. Unfortunately those in the non-walkover GRCs will likely vote for the ruling party out of fear(scarded kena marked, esp civil servants) or greed(for whatever carrot is being waved at them this time)

And yes, my card seems to get used up much faster than it should. I will monitor the balance more closely.

We are singaporeans. We make more noise then allowed...then got people invite us for tea liao.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

By next election, they will release the next installment of Singapore Share and put simle on everyone's face.. More good years!!

Dennis, learn from me, start cycling, haha! Remember how we met? I was cycling n saw you, haha! See, I predicted the future so fast. ;P

Think one day we will be cycling here and there. Esp one estate to another. Btw, I saw a cobweb at JE MRT few days back. Increase price but still no one bother about cleaness of the MRT
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

The PTC is completely useless.

Why increase bus fares when Ez-link problems haven't been solved yet? I say decrease fares. Their profits are high!

Then MRT. The train intervals are getting longer and longer. And now even taxis are looking for fare rises. And ERP.

If given a choice in an election, I'll not vote for **P. They are not providing any good years. However, the weak opposition is terrible too.

Looks like we're headed towards perpetual cost increases and a worse future. More bad years.
    Last edited by xray; 1st June 2005 at 05:38 PM.

if many turn to cycling, no one take public transport, than they will charge bicycle tax, coe (die give him), parking fee, insurrance ect. lay. @ the end of the day, its all about $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by xray

Why increase bus fares when Ez-link problems haven't been solved yet? I say decrease fares. Their profits are high!

Then MRT. The train intervals are getting longer and longer. And now even taxis are looking for fare rises. And ERP.

If given a choice in an election, I'll not vote for ***. They are not providing any good years. However, the weak opposition is terrible too.

Looks like we're headed towards perpetual cost increases and a worse future. More bad years.
    School buses will also increase the fee citing higher diesel cost, why not? Since SBS & TIBS can increase bus fare even though they have a good 2004 year.

If given a choice in an election, I'll not vote for ***. They are not providing any good years. However, the weak opposition is terrible too.

Don't worry, if they(garment) win(they'll win anyway by our cowardice) by lower margin, they will take heed.

Is this what I can expect with the increase fare?

Bus Services:
    a) The driver will turn down the aircon on rainy days when the aircon is so damn cold with few passengers in the bus.
    b) The driver will turn up the aircon on a hot day so that it will be cooler in the bus.
    c) When the aircon is faulty, and the bus feels like a sauna, the driver will NOT pretend like nothing is going on and stop the bus while waiting for the toll truck to come.
    d) More regular cleaning on buses so that little crockroaches will not run about, especially at the rear of the bus.
    e) To arrange some of the bus seats giving it more leg room, so that those who are more than 1.7 metres tall can sit decently comfortable (I wonder if the designers/engineers are shorty folks).

MRT Services:
    a) More frequent services at the North/South & East/West line like in the old days, so that the trains would not be so crowded most of the time these days.

I took mrt to punggol station lately, notice that although they have no train driver, they now have a employee station in the train through out the journey No wonder 1st they claim operating will be cheaper without the driver, but had decided that it is otherwise .

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    if many turn to cycling, no one take public transport, than they will charge bicycle tax, coe (die give him), parking fee, insurrance ect. lay. @ the end of the day, its all about $$$.
    If they see a surge in bicycles, they will also think of ways to tax us...
    squeeze us dry.... $$$
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

that's the mindset of capitalists. they are never gonna say they had earned enough.

Heh, the PTC is about as useful as nipples on a man.

remembered the NSS, ERS given to all singaporeans?
    its time they wan it back. everything they doing is wayang show lah.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast