Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Thread: Is it against any law to shoot bread shops in action?

  1. #21

    Default

    No, not against the law, but I guess it's about respecting people's wishes.

    For one reason or another the baker didn't feel comfortable having his/her picture taken--after all photographs are permenant records, and not many people like to have photographs of them taken by a complete stranger.

    I think it would be good to look from the other person's pespective too.

  2. #22
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    It is not about bread talk and its concept of doing business. It is about the chef's/individual's privacy. He might be having a bad day, or doing something delicate and the photog is distracting him, shy or something else.

    Privacy also does not only mean "Cannot let ppl see" It can also mean that the individual wants to be photograph or not. The object in question is a person, an individual with personal rights, moods and personality.

    Bottomline is: Breadtalk did not say no photography allowed. It is THOSE particular chefs in question.
    This is from what i gather from sausage's post. I have not heard of no photography from breadtalk.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    It is not about bread talk and its concept of doing business. It is about the chef's/individual's privacy. He might be having a bad day, or doing something delicate and the photog is distracting him, shy or something else.

    Privacy also does not only mean "Cannot let ppl see" It can also mean that the individual wants to be photograph or not. The object in question is a person, an individual with personal rights, moods and personality.

    Bottomline is: Breadtalk did not say no photography allowed. It is THOSE particular chefs in question.
    Perhaps you should tell that to the reporter shooting outside of the courtroom.

  4. #24
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    Perhaps you should tell that to the reporter shooting outside of the courtroom.
    A reporter has got a job to do. When working, his/her job comes 1st. But then, society is that complicated. One must know what to do and what not to do at certain times, sitiuations and locations. In certain countries (When visiting), it is wise to ask for permision before snapping their pic.

    That is why, some people have higher or lower EQ/streetwise. There is no right or wrong in most situations like this. There are no hardline rules as to what to do or what not to do.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    A reporter has got a job to do. When working, his/her job comes 1st. But then, society is that complicated. One must know what to do and what not to do at certain times, sitiuations and locations. In certain countries (When visiting), it is wise to ask for permision before snapping their pic.

    That is why, some people have higher or lower EQ/streetwise. There is no right or wrong in most situations like this. There are no hardline rules as to what to do or what not to do.
    A job to do, does not mean lesser evil. Just like the paparazzi spying and snapping on the celebrities. There are no higher or lower EQ/streetwise in this case. Just differences in opinions.

  6. #26

    Default

    Not sure about all breadtalk outlets in Singapore, but the Toa Payoh central branch clearly have a 'no photography' sticker pasted outside the shop.. I was doing a shoot regarding local brands few weeks ago and was turned down by the staffs for any kind of photography inside the shop.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    Not sure about all breadtalk outlets in Singapore, but the Toa Payoh central branch clearly have a 'no photography' sticker pasted outside the shop.. I was doing a shoot regarding local brands few weeks ago and was turned down by the staffs for any kind of photography inside the shop.
    Ah, that where the line is drawn. Inside the outlet is a private premises, its their right.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    Ah, that where the line is drawn. Inside the outlet is a private premises, its their right.
    Any idea whether is this a step for their copyrights or is it just a form of anti-terrorism? Since cameras are such sensitive issues in urban places these days! Because it's not only Breadtalk, but a whole lot of other shops i've went also forbid photography.

  9. #29

    Lightbulb

    there are other reasons why a commercial estab imposes a no photography prohibition.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    there are other reasons why a commercial estab imposes a no photography prohibition.
    care explaning what are the other reasons?

  11. #31
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default

    stand outside and shoot lor
    Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    Not sure about all breadtalk outlets in Singapore, but the Toa Payoh central branch clearly have a 'no photography' sticker pasted outside the shop.. I was doing a shoot regarding local brands few weeks ago and was turned down by the staffs for any kind of photography inside the shop.

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    north
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    tell him don be so thick skin la. you are not wasting film on him but just taking your own relection

  13. #33
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surge
    tell him don be so thick skin la. you are not wasting film on him but just taking your own relection
    As long as you are standing outside their premises.

  14. #34

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    care explaning what are the other reasons?
    a camera can be used as an evidence gathering tool. sure you have seen in programmes like CSI, etc.

  15. #35

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    As long as you are standing outside their premises.
    however, do note that once you step outside of the shop in question and into the common areas of a shopping centre, mall, etc which has a no photography prohibition, you are in the same situation as before. l-- l--.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 30th May 2005 at 12:36 PM.

  16. #36
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default

    ah but this time, it has to be the shopping centre's management who has to come in and ask you to leave, by which time, you'd probably already have the shots you wanted. hehe

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    however, do note that once you step outside of the shop in question and into the common areas of a shopping centre, mall, etc which has a no photography prohibition, you are in the same situation as before.

  17. #37

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    ah but this time, it has to be the shopping centre's management who has to come in and ask you to leave, by which time, you'd probably already have the shots you wanted. hehe
    yes, however, the request may originate from the shop in question and enforced by the centre's mgt or their representatives. debatable whether one will get the shot/s by then.

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    yes, however, the request may originate from the shop in question and enforced by the centre's mgt or their representatives. debatable whether one will get the shot/s by then.
    something like out of the frying pan, direct into the fire...

    seriously thou, is there anything nice to shoot about breadtalk?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  19. #39

    Default

    Next time, shoot in video mode. If it shows the guy waving hand gestures at you, maybe you could tell him that you intend to send this footage to the management and seek clarification on the rationale of his hand-waving aciton. Then at this moment, capture that 'look' on his face!!

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder
    Next time, shoot in video mode. If it shows the guy waving hand gestures at you, maybe you could tell him that you intend to send this footage to the management and seek clarification on the rationale of his hand-waving aciton. Then at this moment, capture that 'look' on his face!!
    i just thought of a good place for our Sony Yam Seng dinner liao... lets go breadtalk...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •