Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling FZ1

Default Selling FZ1

Does anyone know where I can sell my FZ1 and what price I will be able to sell it at? Sorry but I don't really know much about such things.

Sell it at ClupSnap Buy & Sell
    It is a very old 2MP Lumix but with 12X optical, you might be able to get
    around $300 to $400 it.

doubt so for a 2mp cam.

NOw got cheap 3mp from Kodak $188, new one some more..

Is there anywhere else I can sell it other than Buy & Sell (e.g. 2nd hand camera shops...)? What if the camera has its paint scratched off in a few areas (like base of camera)?

Quote Originally Posted by bwilly
    doubt so for a 2mp cam.

NOw got cheap 3mp from Kodak $188, new one some more..
    The 3mp Kodak got 12X Optical with O.I.S.?

Most people are blind to other specs like the zoom and stabilizer features. They will only tell you, it's ONLY a 2MP camera, how can you sell so ex, now XXX camera is already 5MP etc... most camera manufacturer's advert works too well and have brainwashed most people into blind megapixel devotes even if they will never ever print a photo larger than 4R in their entire lives.

Quote Originally Posted by kenshinz
    Most people are blind to other specs like the zoom and stabilizer features. They will only tell you, it's ONLY a 2MP camera, how can you sell so ex, now XXX camera is already 5MP etc... most camera manufacturer's advert works too well and have brainwashed most people into blind megapixel devotes even if they will never ever print a photo larger than 4R in their entire lives.
    so true....look at Intel

Totally agreed..(both hands and legs raised up)

what about me???
    i'm using a 5mp camera but till now all these while my setting always
    1600 X 1200 which is about 2mp only.
    but i never had problem with the quality when cropping or developing prints.
    the only problem i have is i got 3mp extra which i never used before!
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

2MP is perfectly fine for developing 4R prints, with abit of photoshop, A4 size prints are fine too. Heh I always set mine at the 2nd highest setting, in case I need to blow up to A3 size

Then only way is to wait till those that are not blind loh...

depend on stuff like battery and other add-on(s)?
    A new FZ5 ... u know la...

how much can i sell it for if there are no add-ons?
    want to upgrade to fz5 too...

went to a shop at peninsular plaza and said that they would give $100 since it is a very old camera. worth it or not?

Bro keep it as spare....its a good cam!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seeyf
    went to a shop at peninsular plaza and said that they would give $100 since it is a very old camera. worth it or not?
    Jus a suggestion, if you really do have to sell, why not post an auction on 'Yahoo auctions' n start your auction from $100? Guess many pple would definitely pay more than $100 bucks for this great cam. $100 seems very low..

Thanks for all the tips. Someone PMed me already. btw, checked on yahoo auctions and saw someone selling a black fz1 for $490. That's seriously overpriced. No wonder he didn't get any bids.

Is there anywhere else I can sell it other than Buy & Sell (e.g. 2nd hand camera shops...)? What if the camera has its paint scratched off in a few areas (like base of camera)?
    1. Yahoo Auction
    2. Hardware zone
    3. eBay
    4. Cash Converter
    5. Sungai Road

Hope one of these help.

Er, what are the last two? Never heard of them before.

Er, what are the last two? Never heard of them before.
    Cash convertor originated from Australia, you bring in your item to them, they assess the item and give you the price, you decide if you want to sell or not.

Sungai Road is near Sim Lim Tower (I think it is just behind SLT), you bring your item there, ask if any trader there interested to buy, you give a price, they negotiate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast