Thread: Singapore Street Festival Shooting Tips

Lightbulb Singapore Street Festival Shooting Tips

Welcome anyone to contribute as i think quite a lot of newbie sign up and it may be a bit daunting for them to shoot alone as "OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPHER".

Gear
    I will probably bring the following:
    D70, Tokina F4 12-24 (haven;t use before), Tokina F2.8 28-80mm & SB800, CF Cards, spare batteries. filters... prob won't need except for UV. A spare film camera and 2-3 rolls of films may be good... just in case.

Others
    Non-shooting things: Pen, notebook, Umbrella (TOUCH WOOD! just in case), namecards, Official pass, CS polo shirt...

Shooting tips
    Hmm... i not very qualified to say. However, i feel a wide-angle lens will be useful to take in the surroundings esp if there's a crowd. I did not intend to bring a long tele (80-200) as since official photog, shd be close enough....

Anyone have anything to add? Just add on...

Deregistered

main idea: get shots that NOBODY else can get.

if not, we'll get a whole load of photos from different photogs that all look the same.

True... but i think a lot depends on the performance also... I don't think there's any backstage etc or any segregation of the area as well... I think i will prob go down at least 1/2 hr early to recce and observe other photogs..