Thread: Storage of photos online

Default Storage of photos online

Hi there,

anyone know where i can store photos online and sync to my computers and devices and still be able to access them while i'm traveling without a computer..

I've tried dropbox but the space is really useless..

any other alternatives that you use while traveling and is good?
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

Default Re: Storage of photos online

how about upgrade your dropbox?

you can try sign up paid service of US$19.99 a month for 200GB storeage, or US$9.99 a month for 100GB storage.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

How about flickr? ( not sure about desktop synchronisation though )

Ryan

I think I have 65gb of google drive without paying a single cent....

I think you start with 15 or 25gb and the extra come with my HTC one max phone....

to increase the size of your dropbox without paying it, referral is one way, get all your friends, everyone and anyone you know to sign up dropbox, I think you can earn up to 16GB
    or you can buy a few Samsung S4 phones, IIRC, each will give you 48 GB.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    to increase the size of your dropbox without paying it, referral is one way, get all your friends, everyone and anyone you know to sign up dropbox, I think you can earn up to 16GB
    or you can buy a few Samsung S4 phones, IIRC, each will give you 48 GB.
    The samsung bonus only last for 2 years, iirc. That said, if u keep recontracting Samsung phones (or other phones that has the promo) you get a constant boost in your drop box space.

There's also services like skydrive and copy.
    hi

Thanks Guys!

I found Copy! it works like drop box and it has an application can use on your computer or access through the web. After comparing with Skydrive, Dropbox and even Weiyun from china i figured this is the easiest solution.

As some might think that i was trying to bait people, i have redrafted my message to just be a sharing message.. It's true that they give you an extra generous 5GB for every referral, so you can build up a huge storage without limit, but yup that's up to you and your friends sharing and using the same service.

its easy to pass files and use them in the office or just amongst friends so don't need to be too worried, just give it a try and everyone has their own preferences...
    Last edited by enzeru21; 22nd November 2013 at 11:06 AM.
    mylightedreams

Actually I think this is a baited thread/message. If you read the Copy! website details, it has a scheme whereby a person can entice / encourage others to apply for a free account with the Copy! cloud storage.

Just like in insurance or property agency, you get a "commission" or reward for every successful referral - other persons take up the account using your URL link provided in the message.

So perhaps it is an extra 5 GB for each one. Assuming 100 persons click the link provided by TS in this thread to open a free account, that is a tally of 500GB.

Well, you do not lose anything.

Just that the TS get rewarded, which is OK too.

To celebrate Copy's launch, earn 5 GB of extra free storage for yourself andwhoever you refer each time you introduce someone new to Copy. This is a limited time opportunity to rack up huge amounts of extra free storage while we build the initial buzz around Copy!

FIGGERING ON BIGGERING YOUR SPACE? HERE'S HOW:

Invite people to use Copy using our referral form (sign up or log in first).
    Obviously, you can only earn free storage by referring real people to Copy.
    Your invitee signs up for Copy and installs one of our apps (desktop or mobile).
    Referral complete, you both rack up bigger amounts of free storage on Copy!
    Last edited by ricohflex; 21st November 2013 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Actually I think this is a baited thread/message. If you read the Copy! website details, it has a scheme whereby a person can entice / encourage others to apply for a free account with the Copy! cloud storage.

Just like in insurance or property agency, you get a "commission" or reward for every successful referral - other persons take up the account using your URL link provided in the message.

So perhaps it is an extra 5 GB for each one. Assuming 100 persons click the link provided by TS in this thread to open a free account, that is a tally of 500GB.

Well, you do not lose anything.

Just that the TS get rewarded, which is OK too.
    Hi Ricohflex,

Wasn't meaning to be a baited thread, just sharing. But yes i have taken your feedback into account and made it clearer that its just for sharing.

Everyone has their own preferences but since there's a good thing, its just natural to share.

Thanks anyway!
    mylightedreams

If the images are important to you, cloud storage may not be ideal.

Especially if it is free.
    But even if you pay for it, there is no guarantee.

If the cloud storage provider runs out of funds, they have no choice but to pull the plug. All the images will be lost.

If they do so, they may or may not give you sufficient notice, so that you can retrieve or backup.

Nowadays a 2 TB portable drive can be had for about $185.

In view of that, 5 GB of free cloud storage may not be so attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    If the images are important to you, cloud storage may not be ideal.

Especially if it is free.
    But even if you pay for it, there is no guarantee.

If the cloud storage provider runs out of funds, they have no choice but to pull the plug. All the images will be lost.

If they do so, they may or may not give you sufficient notice, so that you can retrieve or backup.

Nowadays a 2 TB portable drive can be had for about $185.

In view of that, 5 GB of free cloud storage may not be so attractive.
    AFAIK, most cloud storage service providers are just provide users a backup service, they want you keep a copy of your backup content in your computer and sync with them all the time, once you remove the content from you computer, which mean the same content will be remove from the cloud storage also, such service are not very expensive, some can even provide you unlimited storage space.
    but you just intent to keep your content with them and not syncing it, that will be very expensive, the price is go by how much space you are asking for. So for that same amount of money, it is better you can set up your own storage system.

Baidu is giving out 2 TB storage space >> http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ea...t-4471787.html

Sometimes things can go wrong even if you pay for cloud storage. Of course if it is FREE, then the cloud storage provider does not owe you anything if all your data is lost.

This is the experience of someone who paid for cloud storage [laurelnevUAlan Henry11L]

Read the full account of 30 June 2013 in this link.

http://lifehacker.com/five-best-clou...ders-614393607

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. No problem, I thought, I have everything backed up to the cloud. Well, no matter how hard I tried, I could only d/l like 3 gb of my 50 gb backup. Dell was no help either, refusing to give it to me on DVDs, despite the fact it was a paid plan, and their own techs were unable to retrieve my backup. Never did get my files back, nor a refund for the worthless backup service I had been paying for. ............