Thread: zoom lens

Default zoom lens

hi to all,need some advice on buying a lens for my eos500.I'm interested in shooting macro and streetshooting....Anyone can recommend a good zoom lens for me to get with a budget of $250 or below 2nd hand or 1st hand doesn't matter...Thanks to all in advance.Btw please state the price of the lens and 1st hand or 2nd hand.

1x 50mm f1.8
    2x 25mm extension tube (ef mount)
    below your $$, give 1:1 mag.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    hi to all,need some advice on buying a lens for my eos500.I'm interested in shooting macro and streetshooting....Anyone can recommend a good zoom lens for me to get with a budget of $250 or below 2nd hand or 1st hand doesn't matter...Thanks to all in advance.Btw please state the price of the lens and 1st hand or 2nd hand.
    I will go for the 50mm f/1.8 (Around $145 brand new with Hoya Filter) second hand will fetch around $125 with filter; considering that the lens is still under warranty

28-105mm MKII 3.5-45 USM

Good color, however you should stop down and use, good range for streets.

Good for macro close focusing to .38m not alot but when used with Close-up filters (58mm size) the results are not bad.

This used to be a $600++ lens new, but now u can get it on the buy and sell for $250.

Auto focus is good and fast and silent cos it's USM. Metal mount lens too!