Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 67

Thread: Experiences with the new K-3 Camera (Lots of Photos)

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post

    Thanks for the great review Frank. Looks like Pentax is really improving its cameras with good features.
    Agreed too. :-)

  2. #22

    Default Re: Experiences with the new K-3 Camera (Lots of Photos)

    Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    I've been sitting on the fence wrt the K3. Ever since being bitten by the sports photography bug I've been looking at getting an APSC with a telephoto lens.

    Care to share how much the DA 55-300 HD WR lens costs please? Plus there are some reviews that talk about how the K3's AF not being that 'good' for sports photography?

    Would be happy to hear your comments on these. Thanks!
    I'm not into sports photography, but I did a few times w/ earlier Pentax dSLR cameras w/o any problem, I don't see any reason why K3 can't do sports, especially considering its much improved AF and FPS. And I haven't talked about those sports photographers before AF cameras came out...

    As tot the 55-300 HD WR lens, I don't really know its actual cost. The one I showed in photos was borrowed. You can check w/ stores and see how much it cost.

    If you are still sitting on the fence about this camera, to be honest, you won't be able to get anything better in performance, APSC or FF.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Experiences with the new K-3 Camera (Lots of Photos)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Now where have I heard that before??........ ...............
    Really? That shouldn't be me I guess

  4. #24

    Default Re: Experiences with the new K-3 Camera (Lots of Photos)

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Thanks for the great review Frank. Looks like Pentax is really improving its cameras with good features.
    I've got pretty much all Pentax dSLR cameras since the first *istD. And finally I can say that THIS IS THE ONE.

    Now we just need some faster lenses especially in tele zoom lenses. And it'd be great if Pentax can make MKII version of those lovely FA Limited lenses with improved HD coating and probably WR too. That's gonna make a lot guys even happier.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Experiences with the new K-3 Camera (Lots of Photos)

    Quote Originally Posted by jaiyen View Post
    Agreed too. :-)
    Pro, you've been posting a lot lately. Probably you've been thinking about the K3 all the time. Why not just get one and be done w/ it

  6. #26
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: Experiences with the new K-3 Camera (Lots of Photos)

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    I've got pretty much all Pentax dSLR cameras since the first *istD. And finally I can say that THIS IS THE ONE.

    Now we just need some faster lenses especially in tele zoom lenses. And it'd be great if Pentax can make MKII version of those lovely FA Limited lenses with improved HD coating and probably WR too. That's gonna make a lot guys even happier.

    I will wait for a year at least, before I get this ($$$ issue) but the K30 is serving me well at the moment.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  7. #27

    Default Re: Experiences with the new K-3 Camera (Lots of Photos)

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    I will wait for a year at least, before I get this ($$$ issue) but the K30 is serving me well at the moment.
    Yeah I know. And remember never spend beyond your means It's just a hobby after all.

  8. #28
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: Experiences with the new K-3 Camera (Lots of Photos)

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Yeah I know. And remember never spend beyond your means It's just a hobby after all.
    That I will surely remember. Cannot spend beyond means but hobbies can be pretty expensive but fruitful for relaxation.

    Next week one of my students will be collecting his new K30 from shop. Reserved since October. He cannot wait to get his hands on it.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  9. #29

    Default Re: Experiences with the new K-3 Camera (Lots of Photos)

    Thats a big endorsement.

    But I believe it.

    Fengwei, thanks for the hands-on report.
    I see you have also put this up on the Review Section.



    Hi All,
    I'd implore your help to give some support to the article that FW has put up.
    Its not easy to take time away to do all this.

  10. #30
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Experiences with the new K-3 Camera (Lots of Photos)

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Really? That shouldn't be me I guess
    Even if you didn't say it, I think it can be true. Pentax makes great cameras with significant improvement from the last generation. I always thought that the K5 was going to be the penultimate one, but K3 really does surprise me.

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post

    Pro, you've been posting a lot lately. Probably you've been thinking about the K3 all the time. Why not just get one and be done w/ it
    Ha....:-) anw hope i can molest it this weekends hehe

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    1,087

    Default Re: Experiences with the new K-3 Camera (Lots of Photos)

    Thanks for the write up. Too bad I just bought my K-5IIs this year. Plus it is unfortunate that Ricoh has introduced a new battery grip design.
    K-5IIs, DA16-85, DFA50, DFA100, DA*60-250, 540FGZ II, 160FC, 201FG

  13. #33
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbc View Post
    Thanks for the write up. Too bad I just bought my K-5IIs this year. Plus it is unfortunate that Ricoh has introduced a new battery grip design.
    I am removing my K3 grip. Not sure if it is the design or my fat hand but if i leave it turned on, the bottom of my hand keeps touching the shutter button (on the grip) n that causes the cam to often try to AF.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Experiences with the new K-3 Camera (Lots of Photos)

    Quote Originally Posted by sbc View Post
    Thanks for the write up. Too bad I just bought my K-5IIs this year. Plus it is unfortunate that Ricoh has introduced a new battery grip design.
    But i kinda of prefer the new grip.. It has better contour than the old one.. holding it is far much better.

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    I am removing my K3 grip. Not sure if it is the design or my fat hand but if i leave it turned on, the bottom of my hand keeps touching the shutter button (on the grip) n that causes the cam to often try to AF.
    hmm.. I think it is the same with the old grip. I keep touching the shutter button for both grip. lolx...

  15. #35

    Default Re: Experiences with the new K-3 Camera (Lots of Photos)

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    That I will surely remember. Cannot spend beyond means but hobbies can be pretty expensive but fruitful for relaxation.

    Next week one of my students will be collecting his new K30 from shop. Reserved since October. He cannot wait to get his hands on it.
    That's good to know. Hope our local Pentax community can keep growing so more guys can enjoy being a Pentaxian

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Thats a big endorsement.

    But I believe it.

    Fengwei, thanks for the hands-on report.
    I see you have also put this up on the Review Section.



    Hi All,
    I'd implore your help to give some support to the article that FW has put up.
    Its not easy to take time away to do all this.

    Thanks JK. It's true that we are not as free as before when having kids around. But it's always a pleasure to try new Pentax stuff This time I think Pentax really got another big winner again.



    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Even if you didn't say it, I think it can be true. Pentax makes great cameras with significant improvement from the last generation. I always thought that the K5 was going to be the penultimate one, but K3 really does surprise me.
    And I finally can say that THIS IS IT! I'd say this would be the ultimate camera we'd ever need. Most of us won't benefit w/ full frame cameras as much as we hoped, but I'm sure everyone would benefit quite a bit when upgrading to a K3

  16. #36

    Default Re: Experiences with the new K-3 Camera (Lots of Photos)

    Aiyoh,,,,Fengwei why do you have to put up this thread.

    I do not shoot enough to justify buying a new camera. But this really poisonous...damn

  17. #37

    Default Re: Experiences with the new K-3 Camera (Lots of Photos)

    Quote Originally Posted by jaiyen View Post
    Ha....:-) anw hope i can molest it this weekends hehe
    Then you better be prepared

    Quote Originally Posted by sbc View Post
    Thanks for the write up. Too bad I just bought my K-5IIs this year. Plus it is unfortunate that Ricoh has introduced a new battery grip design.
    Thanks Bro I never use grip, so it's not much an issue to me. But I can understand.

  18. #38

    Default Re: Experiences with the new K-3 Camera (Lots of Photos)

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    I am removing my K3 grip. Not sure if it is the design or my fat hand but if i leave it turned on, the bottom of my hand keeps touching the shutter button (on the grip) n that causes the cam to often try to AF.

    Seems like some users have problem w/ the grip. Hopefully Pentax would release a firmware update to address this problem.

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    1,087

    Default Re: Experiences with the new K-3 Camera (Lots of Photos)

    Quote Originally Posted by ranchy View Post
    But i kinda of prefer the new grip.. It has better contour than the old one.. holding it is far much better.
    Maybe so, but if Ricoh made the K-3 compatible with the old BG-4, then I would not need to buy a new grip. And I can share it with the K-5IIs, IF I am keeping both.
    K-5IIs, DA16-85, DFA50, DFA100, DA*60-250, 540FGZ II, 160FC, 201FG

  20. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    1,087

    Default Re: Experiences with the new K-3 Camera (Lots of Photos)

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Seems like some users have problem w/ the grip. Hopefully Pentax would release a firmware update to address this problem.
    Actually, I think it happens to me with the BG-4 too. But I switched off the grip's shutter button most of the time because I just want to use the extra battery.
    K-5IIs, DA16-85, DFA50, DFA100, DA*60-250, 540FGZ II, 160FC, 201FG

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •