Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Esplanade : No Photography Allowed? Ridiculous!

Default publicity stunt?

we could set the guards up. get one really obnoxious photograpger to be the 'bait', while the res of us get ready with cameras.

ge mr obnoxious to goad the security guards and then once the guards lost their compsure and start manhandling mr obnoxious..

SNAP SNAP SNAP!

everything's caught on film.

and then complain complain complain...i think as a nation singaporeans have developed an art form : the art of complaining. so it'd be meaningful to use this 'artform' to allow 'art' to take place at the centre-for-the-artswhere-art-is't-allowed-cos-there-are-no-signs-saying-so.

film's cheap, image's pricelees..

cheers

haaahaaa ...
    Get the latest news with Today Online Downloader

Default can you imagine?

i mean, can you imagine the sight? one guy struggling with a burly security guard whose iq is smaller than his shoe size (no offense to any security guards out there...for parody sake only)..who's been trained to say " no pho-to-graph-y..no..cannot..be-cause thi-s..my buil-ding..so i say-canno-t..."

and its all caught on glorious film. maybe some guy with a 300mm L lens could takke the expression on mr obnoxious's face..blow up to super 8r...

woo-hoo! maybe then the security will wake up and smeell the...durian.

ok so its a dumb idea. but i'm bored. too much talkingand too little shooting

Hi,

Actually the security who told us photography is not allowed is rather friendly....

I just don't understand why (and neither do him, he's just doing his job, I don't blame him). Hopefully ST will publish the letter and we get a good answer from the Esplanade management.

Photographically, the Esplanade has a lot of potential both inside and out, so I still don't understand why they don't let people shoot it. Especially on the outdoor rooftop area. I'll probably be less puzzled if no photography is allowed inside (most buildings don't allow that anyway) but no photography from the rooftop as well!? Oh come on.

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by ckiang
    Hi,

Actually the security who told us photography is not allowed is rather friendly....

I just don't understand why (and neither do him, he's just doing his job, I don't blame him). Hopefully ST will publish the letter and we get a good answer from the Esplanade management.

Photographically, the Esplanade has a lot of potential both inside and out, so I still don't understand why they don't let people shoot it. Especially on the outdoor rooftop area. I'll probably be less puzzled if no photography is allowed inside (most buildings don't allow that anyway) but no photography from the rooftop as well!? Oh come on.

Regards
    CK
    yeah ! he also told me quite rudely!
    I then said sorry...he bo hew me...
    KNN...
    Maybe see i local and male...thats why like that...
    they should upgrade their securtiy...

Default what if we..

what if we wear a blonde wig and i borrow my girlfriends sexy black spaghetti strap top? plus some oranges in a bikinitype halter bra..

maybe the security won't be so rude and defensive....

maybe we can even enact sort of a big thing where he takes advantage of the girl..another opportunity for a publicity stunt eh?

Default what if...

maybe photography's isn't allowed inside cos the management doesn't want people copying the oh-so-original concept of having fruit husks turned upside down, blown up about 1000000x..and paying 600m dollars to do it and call it an -arts-centre-where-some-art-isn't-allowed.

what next? maybe indai would have an arts centre which resembles upside down coconut husks?

or thailand, with upside down dragon fruit husk?

or best...malaysia with an arts centre next to the petronas towers which look like upside down palm oil fruit!

that'll be the day i start a photo essay entitled 'the fruit inspired art centres of SE asia.'

Originally posted by Blankies

yeah ! he also told me quite rudely!
    I then said sorry...he bo hew me...
    KNN...
    Maybe see i local and male...thats why like that...
    they should upgrade their securtiy...
    Maybe it's the person lar, the one who told us is not so hostile leh.

Regards
    CK

but then again...you can take photos from outside the glass door!!! though qualityy might be compromised

I went to the two durian a couple of weeks ago to take some pictures with my friend. We did not even walk into the building, we were just walking along the Esplanade and chatting when this security guard came up to us and told us that we are not allowed in the area.

We were like "hello?? this is an open area, we are not even in your spiky buildings!" but he said the durians were not open yet and blah blah blah, so I told my friend not to argue with him and just leave.

There was a couple sharing a sweet moment on the railing by the riverside, and the security went to interrupt them to chase them away as well.

Hey, that's an open area, no barricades were set up stopping people from entering, and we did not even enter the buildings, so why are they so testy??

Default protective?

maybe they were simply being protective of their durian shells.

exactly how those people waiting along mandai/upp thomson roads for durians to drop behave.

maybe durians bring out the worst in us.

Originally posted by AstralPrue
    I went to the two durian a couple of weeks ago to take some pictures with my friend. We did not even walk into the building, we were just walking along the Esplanade and chatting when this security guard came up to us and told us that we are not allowed in the area.

We were like "hello?? this is an open area, we are not even in your spiky buildings!" but he said the durians were not open yet and blah blah blah, so I told my friend not to argue with him and just leave.

There was a couple sharing a sweet moment on the railing by the riverside, and the security went to interrupt them to chase them away as well.

Hey, that's an open area, no barricades were set up stopping people from entering, and we did not even enter the buildings, so why are they so testy??
    think that is all theie area

At the Petronas Towers, they close the entire park area in front of the buildings after a certain time in the evening. But the security personnel will politely ask you to leave and will also allow you to finish your last photo shoot.

Default sigh

that's why i say...for all of singapore's lauded progress and economic wealth, we still lag behind in basic courtewesy and civility to other countries.

Default Re: sigh

Originally posted by jon33
    that's why i say...for all of singapore's lauded progress and economic wealth, we still lag behind in basic courtewesy and civility to other countries.
    cannot say that...just that the people we happened to meet are all scumbags.

Erhm... maybe they are afraid of terrorist?

Default terrorist

malaysian security guard at petronas ' excuse me sir, but please don't leave a bomb here. we'll be closing in ten minutes time. please finish yr last shot.'

singaporean sec guard at durian monument ' eh, this is my building, so i say no bomb means no bomb. i don't even allo photographers and couples!'

Default Re: terrorist

malaysian security guard at petronas ' excuse me sir, but please don't leave a bomb here. we'll be closing in ten minutes time. please finish yr last shot.'

singaporean sec guard at durian monument ' eh, this is my building, so i say no bomb means no bomb. i don't even allo photographers and couples!'

STEADY LAH!

Default paparazzi!

maybe i'll do a shoot paparazzi style..

get the sec guard to chase me then i'll get some action shots.

of course if ge caught jia lat liao..prob got to say sorry to big mr lee and bigger mr lee.

but don't play play..IPPT silver!

Default Re: paparazzi!

maybe i'll do a shoot paparazzi style..

get the sec guard to chase me then i'll get some action shots.

of course if ge caught jia lat liao..prob got to say sorry to big mr lee and bigger mr lee.

but don't play play..IPPT silver!
    kns

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast